Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone site problem

• 02-10-2005 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭

Since Tuesday evening I've been having a problem when trying to login to the Vodafone site.

I phoned Vodafone's customer care line on Wednesday and was told it was an error with the site and it was just random customers who were having trouble with it. I was told it would be fixed later that night.

It is now Sunday and I'm still getting the same error "There was a problem with your account, please contact Customer care (SRV-WL-03)"

Is there much point in me ringing Vodafone again?

Is anyone else experiencing these problems?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭detritus

As of last Monday, additional restrictions for usage of the site apply where subscriber status must be verified before allowing status.

If you are a new prepaid customer then you must activate your sim by calling 1741.

Equally if you are prepaid and your credit hasnt been used within its expiry period then you will have to re-activate your sim card and get its credit going.

Without intending any offence, if you are a bill pay customer, your bill must be paid up and your account active. (If thats the case, on reactivation, 2 - 3 days may need to elapse before My Vodafone would let you in again)

If in your case, your account passes all of those criteria then you should be allowed access and a call to Customer Care should be worthwhile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I'm a Ready to Go customer and have been using the same number/password on the site since 1999. I just started experiencing this problem on Tuesday evening.

There's no indication from the error message quoted abover, or from the customer care person I spoke to on Wednesday evening as to what the problem is.

In that case then the issue is likely to be database related and should be easily fixed, many issues like this are still being ironed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Dont worry your not ther only person having problems with the Vodafone site,its constantly happening to me and my friends,all be it a different problem. But still not able to use the site!!!

Id suggest filling out the contact us form online quoting the error codes and support will try and resolve your issues.

Id suggest that this forum probably isnt appropriate for exchanging mobile numbers etc.

If you are prepaid, have you tried calling 1741? that seems to be the main issue with people logging in at present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Amz wrote:
    Is there much point in me ringing Vodafone again?

i'd suggest setting some time aside to call and not getting of the phone until a CSR confirms the problem is resolved (if you can be online at the time to check all the better), or their supervisor (who you can request to talk to at any time when the CSR can't sort things out) agrees to follow it up and get back to you, take names and call back if they don't respond in a timely manner...

last My Vodafone problem I had went for weeks without being resolved, even though I was called to say it was (when it wasn't) and then they stop responding to emails about it... if you have the time / it is important enough just keep on to them until they fix it - unfortunately that is becoming a more frequent approach to get Vodafone issues resolved of late....

Cant answer on behalf of helpdesk but matters associated with the website for legitimate users should improve over the next few weeks.

Personally, Id go nuts if I was on the phone all day long, of course escalation is entirely appropriate if you arent happy with the level of service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I had problems accessing 'My Vodafone'. Like I couldn't access the 'View my Bill' part and it kept logging me off. This happened to a lot of other bill pay people I know, don't know if Pay as You Go also had this problem.
    Anyway it seems to be working grand for me now. As long as I can access the webtext section, I'm happy!

Well, view my bill sucked alright (thats not an official VF position of course), its been improved and it now has the handy feature of being able to download the entire document in a multipage pdf rather than saving html pages etc, what a pain..

As I said things should be settling down...all the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

All seems to be working now.

Good show old bean.

• Advertisement
Advertisement