Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat Nav

Options
  • 02-10-2005 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys does anyone know were i would get a cheap one of these that will do the job. Doing fast food deliverys so it would help a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

blahblah06 wrote:
    Hi guys does anyone know were i would get a cheap one of these that will do the job. Doing fast food deliverys so it would help a lot.

Am afraid there is no such thing as a cheap sat nav system. expect to pay around E400 to E600 for one.

Another problem is that Ireland is not well covered. Garmin (www.garmin.com)I think has probably the best coverage of Ireland.

Where are you doing the deliveries? If around the city centre then map coverage is very good on most GPS packages but you will need the latest version with the changes to the streets with Luas etc.

I use the Navman 4400 along with an Ipaq 3970. I get a 2 dimensional map with voice guidance. It's a 2 year old map and it's seriously due for an update as it has practically no coverage of Ireland outside the M50. Thanks to the Ordance Survey for charging mad amounts of money to use their maps. Teleatlas are currently mapping Ireland at the moment and hopefully by next year we will have 100% map coverage.

Here are a few GPS software packaged suitable for a PDA

TOMTOM
    Destinator V6
    ViaMichelin
    Navman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Hi mate ye it will be the city centre. Hence all the stupid roads ya can never find. I was hoping about 350 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

This would be a very good one for you. It's Navman software and it's user friendly ( I use it without any problems). Plus the PDA can double up as a personal organiser for you. It comes preinstalled with English and Irish maps (can't get Irish maps on their own) on an SD card. It's E50 above your budget I know but your budget is very tight.

http://www.navman-store.com/eu/product_details.php?id=156

What do you think?

Advertisement