Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIM locks and UK networks question...

• 02-10-2005 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

Okay so say I either wanted to buy or sell a phone from/to someone in the UK.
    If the phone is SIM locked to say, vodafone or O2 in the UK will it still work on it's respective network here? ...and vice versa? Any help much appreciated.
    BTW I mean when you insert oa local SIm card.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Generally no, a phone locked to Vodafone UK will not work with a Vodafone Ireland SIM, likewise with O2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Bummer. Thx for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

Wertz wrote:
    Okay so say I either wanted to buy or sell a phone from/to someone in the UK.
    If the phone is SIM locked to say, vodafone or O2 in the UK will it still work on it's respective network here? ...and vice versa? Any help much appreciated.
    BTW I mean when you insert oa local SIm card.

which phones i can send u a link for free nokia unlocking. just pm me. (exception for 6630 and 6680)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

nah I know the nokia calcs and stuff....sony ericsson are dongle/software unlock AFAIK
    Thx though

Advertisement