Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Cartoon Scene Ever?

• 02-10-2005 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Whats everyones favourite cartoon scene? Be it Family Guy, Simpsons, Futurama, whatever...

My top three are:

3. The Simpsons: The one in the motel with Homer, Marge and Snake.

SNAKE
    Okay, man. Don't shoot, chill.

MARGE
    Homer! You said you got rid of the gun! You lied to me - again!

HOMER
    I know I said that. But what I secretly meant was--

SNAKE
    (grabbing the gun) Yoink! Ho ho! Ha ha ha!

HOMER
    The jokes on you, buddy. There's no bullets in that thing. (he hold up a box) Ha ha!

SNAKE
    Yo! Give me the bullets!

HOMER
    Okay, don't shoot!

2. Family Guy: The bit in the movie with
    Stewie and Brian in Quagmires camper van.
    STEWIE:Griffin, once again! Undefeated champion of the world!

1. Family Guy: The classic moment in "Breaking Out Is Hard To Do", where
    Chris is dragged into the a-Ha "Take on Me" video through the milk section in the supermarket. I have NEVER laughed so much in my life.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Family Guy: Peter and the Chicken, part 1. That was absolutely class. The A-Ha video would be a close second though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

A-ha scene gets my vote for number one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Family guy where it's Peter and Lois's aniversary

Lois: awww, Peter, A human thumb, wherever did you get it?
    *camera zooms out to show peter with his left arm under his armpit and blood everywhere
    Peter: it was on E-bay... *falls over* OH GOD!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

jor el wrote:
    Family Guy: Peter and the Chicken, part 1. That was absolutely class. The A-Ha video would be a close second though.

Have to agree. Chicken....gave me.. an expired....coupon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

First time the greased up deaf guy came into Family guy :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

ah dont think it was the best but the Mr. Plow, Simpsons was on yesterday.
    The part where Barney has just snow plowed Adam West's driveway, and is driving off.
    "So long Superman. Your secret identity is safe with me"
    Seen it a few times, but that always cracks me up....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Also any Adam West moment in FG. What a hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

It's on Family Guy, the episode in season 2, "da Boom" with the fight scene with the chicken guy and peter. I can watch that like 50 times and it is so funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

I can't comment on the Family Guy episode you's are talking about even though I've saw most of the episodes and most of the scenes that involve the little sadistic baby are quality, but by far and away the best scene has to come from the Simpsons.

The Episode is called; So its come to this, a simpsons clip show. (Basically its an April Fools Episode)

Here's a partial extract:

Bart wakes up and finds himself blind. "April Fool!" Homer put duct tape over his eyes.

Bart goes to the fridge and drinks milk out of the carton. Then spits it out. "April Fool! I've been keeping that carton of milk next to the furnace for six weeks!'' Bart vows revenge.

Bart spies on Homer fetching a can of that wonderful Duff out of the fridge, wondering what he could do to get back at his father... Meanwhile, Homer admires the can. ``Ah, my one weakness. My Achilles heel.'' Ah-ha! But how to exploit it? Homer drops the can, picks it up, and opens it. ``It's a good thing that beer wasn't shaken up any more, or I'd have looked quite the fool.''

Bart uses a paint shaker at Springfield Hardware to shake up a can of Duff.

Bart takes the still-jiggling can of beer and carefully places it in the fridge. Homer sits on the couch wolfing down pretzels while watching Bumblebee Man on television. Homer muses to himself, ``So thirsty... Eh, whaddya gonna do.'' Frustrated, Bart cranks the thermostat into the red zone. The goldfish bowl boils, vinyl records melt, but Homer is unaffected.

TV: The following is a public service announcement.
    Excessive alcohol consumption can cause liver damage
    and cancer of the rectum.
    Homer: Mmmmm... beer...

He goes to the fridge, removes the can, and opens it. Bart emerges from his hiding place and announces, ``April F---!'' Before he can finish his sentence, the roof of the house explodes.

Eddie: That sounded like an explosion at the old Simpson place.
    Wiggum: Forget it. That's two blocks away.
    Eddie: Looks like there's beer coming out of the chimney!
    Wiggum: [gets out of the car] I am proceeding on foot. Call in a Code 8.
    Eddie: [into radio] We need pretzels. Repeat, pretzels.

Well maybe not so partial, but well worth it and well funny. I'm in tears now just thinking about the episode. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Judge: I'm sentencing you to 24 months in prison (gavel strike)
    Lois: OH NO!
    Brian: OH NO!
    Chris: OH NO!
    Meg: OH NO!
    Kool-Aid Man: (breaks in through Court Room wall) OOOOH YEAAAHHH!...
    Everyone: (silence)
    Kool-Aid Man: (slowly backs out through the hole he made in the wall)

Brilliant!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Drawn Together:
    The scene where Xandir, Toot and Sockbat are licking Ling Ling in a parody of the seventies show, after discovering he gives off a high when he's disappointed.

"Hey.... Ling Ling..... ya lookin.... forward to .... christmas....?
    Oh look a Tumour!"

South Park:
    The Losing Edge where the kids keep winning at baseball and Randy gets into fights
    "I'm sorry I thought this was America"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

family guy after peter is sent away to get in touch with his feminine side and the tries to breastfeed stewie, stewie's expression is brilliant!

or in the first of series 4 where brian says
    this has turned his world upside down face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

FG moment... Season 3 opener.
    Peter is with Brian in the priory (sat down in canteen)... nurse asks Peter for his name.
    Peter looks around for ideas for a fake name.
    Looks at dish in front of him and sees a pea
    "eh, Pea"
    See a women cry.. focuses on face"
    "Pea-tear"
    Then sees a griffen sudden appear and fly across the room
    "Griffen"
    Yeah, that's it... Peter Griffen..... ah crap".

funny as heck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Simpsons scene where Bart steals Homer's change jar as he's coming out of the shower. The ensuing chase is a skit of Indiana Jones. Pure TV gold IMO.

Simpsons again. Homer has to wait 3 days to get his handgun and sits outside watching ducks, rabbits, Flanders and Patty and Selma going back and forth.

Family Guy. Most of the episode where Peter finds Chris has a bigger tool than him.
    Chris: Dad can you help me with my maths homework?
    Peter: Hey you're a big man, you figure it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The Simpsons episode where Homer and Bart are playing April Fools pranks on each other and Bart shakes up a can of Duff so much that is explodes like a nuclear bomb when Homer opens it

Chicken Fight part 1 in Family Guy

also that Simpsons episode where Chief Wiggum was looking for 123 Fake Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Couple of great Simpsons clips...

When Bart is set to jump the Springfield gorge on the skateboard and Homer stops him and ends up standing on the skateboard and doing it himself. When he is airlifted up and the ambulance crashes into the tree and he goes back down again has got to be the best scene ever! Still cracks me up everytime.

When Homer is made head of the union and eventually Burns meets the demands from the workers (dental plan!) and Homer does his "whoo whoo whoo whoo" spin on the ground....unreal..!

But my favourite is when Bart cycles onto the army firing range and the soldiers point their mortars the other way and it cuts to Apu declaring "15 new petrol pumps" and the whistling sound of the bombs coming down. Cuts back to Skinner on the firing range and the smouldering "K" from the Kwik-e-Mart lands behind him. Pure genius.

Great thread. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Senbotsu

It's gotta be Peter vs. The Chicken, one of the best cartoon scenes ever!

Parsley wrote:

Brilliant!!!

What episode was that in?

Sweet wrote:
    What episode was that in?

http://x100.putfile.com/videos/a9-9622142489.mpg

It was in the episode "Death has a Shadow".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

New Episdoe of Simpsons, actually caused a bit of a stir

Homer and Bart have been converted to being Catholics

Homer: (talking to marge about his choice) Come one Marge, being a catholic is great, We have Italy, South America, Ireland ....... Well the good part anyway.

I couldnt believe that and they got away with it

• Advertisement

New Episdoe of Simpsons, actually caused a bit of a stir

Homer and Bart have been converted to being Catholics

Homer: (talking to marge about his choice) Come one Marge, being a catholic is great, We have Italy, South America, Ireland ....... Well the good part anyway.

I couldnt believe that and they got away with it

Same episode:

"You're just like your mother, can't take a punch."

Then St. Peter appears...

"Sean ye wanker, repent of your sins or sod off."

Then he gobbed in my face and turned back into a streetlight.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    http://x100.putfile.com/videos/a9-9622142489.mpg

It was in the episode "Death has a Shadow".

I have that on DVD but I don't remember it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭canker

The Simpsons - Homer and Marge's marrige is on the rocks, marge is driving along reminising about some better times

MARGE
    Funny the way everything reminds me of Homer.
    She passes shops, named "Broken Home Chimney Repairs", "Splitsville Ice Cream Sundaes" and "Painful Memories Party Supplies". She then hear's Homer's voice in her head.
    HOMER'S VOICE
    I love you... Will you marry me, Marge?... You mean I'm going to be a daddy?... I hope we'll always be together... together... together...
    She then sees Homer in the back seat, talking through a cardboard tube.
    HOMER
    Together?
    Marge skids the car, throwing him out onto the road.
    HOMER
    Ow! Ooh! Ah! Ow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

One word: "TRAMAMPOLINE!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Saxomophone!

Sweet wrote:
    I have that on DVD but I don't remember it.

I just remember myself and a friend looking at each other after that and breaking our hearts laughing. You know, the cliched scene...

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

The scene in Family Guy where Peter is feeding food to a television with Tom Selleck on the screen.

"Here ya go Tom Selleck, eat your food"

"Ah ah ah, none for you Higgins, you had yours!"

Pure genius :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Parsley wrote:

Brilliant!!!

I laughed so much at that bit, I was just thinking of that reading this thread. Breastfeeding stewie was another close one, and the one where Peter tries to give a fake name, the one where Peter thinks hes in Lois' room but its chris', not to forget the one where....god so much great moments.

Quagmire: Hey boys, whats the commotion? I was just jerk.......ed out of a deep sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I like the Family Guy episode where they inherit Lois's aunts summer home, when Stewie says "You two, fight to the death!" and the Star Trek music kicks in.. LOL classic..

OR

In another Family Guy episode when the children go to stay with Quagmire who gets Chris to go on a treasure hunt who brings back some of Lois's hair. When Quagmire takes it into the back and pusts the hair on the dummy he's made of Lois and says "all we need now is some teeth and toenail clippings and we'll be ready for our <pelvic thrust> DATE!!" LOL!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Laguna wrote:
    I like the Family Guy episode where they inherit Lois's aunts summer home, when Stewie says "You two, fight to the death!" and the Star Trek music kicks in.. LOL classic..

"You, get me the wall street journal. You two, fight to the death!"

That was one of the first ever episodes, wasn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

One of the first few in the first series yeah.

The one were Homer is on Smartline after becoming a member of the police looking for the Cat Burglar. The scene with the statistics and:

CatBurglar:Hello Homer, its your arch nemisis.

Homer:What?

CatBurglar:Do you even know who this is?

Homer:Marge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

The Simpsons: From "The Last Temptation of Homer":

A buzzer sounds in Mr. Burns' office
    Smithers: Someone is charging room service to the company, sir.
    Mr. Burns: Well, we'll just see about that!
    Walks over to a cage full of monkeys with wings
    Mr. Burns: Fly, my pretties, fly!
    They walk to the window and plummet to their deaths
    Mr. Burns: Continue the research.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Alot of the futurama scenes involving slurms mckenzie,
    or the scene in the family guy movie with stewie jumping (not putting spoiler tags on that as its hardly a spoiler just in case any one gets any stupid ideas)

Family Guy Running Mates:

When Peter is airing his campaign on TV
    or
    Stewie flicking through his scrapbook showing the many situations he has found himself in while trying to kill Lois.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Tom Tucker: In local news we have more on the approach of hurricane Rupaul, which is working his or her way up the coast. Let's go live to Ollie Williams with the Black-u-Weather report, Ollie?
    Ollie Williams (on the coast): 'ISS RAININ' SIDEWAYS!
    Tom Tucker: Sounds rough, Ollie. Ya got an umbrella?
    Ollie Williams: HAD ONE!
    Tom Tucker: Where is it?
    Ollie Williams: INSIDE-OUT, TWO MILES AWAY!
    Tom Tucker: Anything we can do for you?
    Ollie Williams: BRING ME SOME SOUP!
    Tom Tucker: Which kind?
    Ollie Williams: CHUNKY!
    Tom Tucker: Alright, we'll get right on it. Coming up next, a pig that refuses to eat Jews?

Sweet wrote:
    The one were Homer is on Smartline after becoming a member of the police looking for the Cat Burglar. The scene with the statistics and:

CatBurglar:Hello Homer, its your arch nemisis.

Homer:What?

CatBurglar: Do you even know who this is?

Homer:Marge?

That whole episode is brilliant!

Homer: Well it seems that the cat was caught by the very person trying to catch him!

CatBurglar: How ironic.

:D:D

I just remembered another family guy one.

In the episode Running Mates. The part where Peter is replacing the people he see's with visions of Lois then see's her and does the same!

Also, in the same episode :

Quagmire: That's why i brought in the big guns, say hello to Mr. James Carville.

Peter: AAhhh! Did somebody open the Ark of the Covenant?!

Peter: I can handle ugly, but this is circus ugly!

At the end of that episode:

Tom Tucker: Up next, the clitoris. Nature's Rubix Cube? Stay tuned!

:D

One more, in the episode If i'm dyin', I'm lyin' --> "From the cats who brought you Caddyblack, Blackdraft and Black Kramer versus Kramer, comes a funky flick so bad you're gonna say, damn that's funky!"

"Oh you outta time baby!"

"Damn!!"

"Rufus Griffin in...... Black to the Future!"

That's probably one of my favourites. There are too many to pick from!

DAMN!!LOL. Or when hes making his speech and he says this long drole and then says 'Sit,Ubu,sit'. Also in his TV campaign, hes in the classroom and he puts his leg on a desk,then hes in the corrider and he puts his leg on another desk, then hes on an American Football pitch and he again puts his foot on a desk!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Scene in Family Guy where Death is stuck in Peters house having broken his ankle, has a bottle of beer in his hand and can't find anything to open it so he uses his eye socket, nearly wet myself. Also when Death gets pissed and has to drive home, gets in the car with drunkem care and attention to every deatil, key in lock, sit up, turn key, check mirrors, and then drives sraight into a cop car. Priceless.

Favourite Cartoon gag of all time is in Road Runner, now I know it hardly qualifies for primetinme viewing anymore, though it should.
    Coyote sets up steel wall to pop up out of the ground so as to stop the runner in his tracks, Road runner tears up the road over the trap and nothing happens, Coyote goes out jumps around on it to no avail, kinda awaiting the thing to pop up there and then sending him hurtling into some desert abyss, nope not a thing. Cartoon continues on and only near the end of the show, just as our happless predator finally has his prey in his sights as he hurtles down the road does the trap spring leaving an attractive coyote shaped indentation in the metal wall! Better to see than to explain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

lol, just reading some of this have me having flash backs of hilarity :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

one of the best moment in Family Gut I think is in the 4th series, I nly saw it once so it's a little sketchy but Stewie is talking to Brian I think and says

Stewie: ... until The Cookie Monster gets out of rehab
    :: in a small room with just a bed and The Cookie Monster Sitting on it. the door opens and two men in white coats walk in ::
    man: this is just a routine search
    ::lifts the duvet to uncover a plate of cookies
    man: care to explain?
    Cookie Monster: I never saw them before in my life
    man: *unconvinced* really?
    Cookie Monster: yeah, honest, Steve was in earlier cleaning and he might, must have erm... left them there and forgot to erm *lunges at the plate and stuffs his face* MYARM MYARM!!![/b]
    :: the men restrain him on the bed ::
    Cookie Monster: *struggling* you're all Nazis!!!![/b]

I was in tears when I watched that

Marts wrote:
    one of the best moment in Family Gut I think is in the 4th series, I nly saw it once so it's a little sketchy but Stewie is talking to Brian I think and says

Stewie: ... until The Cookie Monster gets out of rehab
    :: in a small room with just a bed and The Cookie Monster Sitting on it. the door opens and two men in white coats walk in ::
    man: this is just a routine search
    ::lifts the duvet to uncover a plate of cookies
    man: care to explain?
    Cookie Monster: I never saw them before in my life
    man: *unconvinced* really?
    Cookie Monster: yeah, honest, Steve was in earlier cleaning and he might, must have erm... left them there and forgot to erm *lunges at the plate and stuffs his face* MYARM MYARM!!![/b]
    :: the men restrain him on the bed ::
    Cookie Monster: *struggling* you're all Nazis!!!![/b]

I was in tears when I watched that

Haha! That one was class! I think it's in 410 - Model Misbehavior.

One more i just remembered was the scene in the episode "Peter Griffin: Husband, Father...Brother?" when they go to the museum and look at stuff about Ireland.

Day in the life of an Irishman! lol

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

watching one of the newer Family Guys tonight and the scene with Peter and Michael Moore farting in the cubicles made me lol

Watching Simpsons earlier today.Graet ep,classic. Anyway,the part where Mr.Burns decides to play football...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bob the devil and god, super series, pity it was killed off by the religious right, James Garner as god too! Great scene where the devil is feeling left out thinking god has found someone to replace him, Alan Cumming played the devil, with the guy who played harry in 3rd rock playing bob, class show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Any scene with butters from south park.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

In the Simpsons

Homer is accused of sexual harrasement after taking the gumy venus de milo off the behind of the baby sitter. He goes onto tv show Rock Bottom to clear his name. During the interview he calmly outlines what happened. Later that day he and the family sit down to watch the show. Through some "skillfull" editing we see how Homer saw her "sweet can" and how he grabber her "sw.. sw... sw.... sweeet can". All the while the clock behind Homer is flashing back and fourth before the interviewer begs Homer to calm down screaming noooooo before a voive over announces quickly "dramatisation, may not have happened".
    Funniest scene ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Richelieu

A recent enough South Park where Cartman was dressed as Awesom-o the robot to fool butters.
    Nominations: > Where he has to help butters with his suppository
    > Where he's suggesting Adam Aandler films to the movie moguls
    > Where he's abused by a mogul
    > final scene where Cartman dances dressed as Britney

Total gold I thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭muesli_offire

Episode of the 'Superfriends'. Batman and Superman imprisoned in kryptonite cage in the Hall of Doom by evil mutant hippo, evil mutant frog and evil mutant squid.

Superman: "Oh no! I'm turning into an eagle."
    Batman: "And I'm turning into a real bat."

Advertisement