Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hiding corrupted data..

• 02-10-2005 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭

Guys,
    I read it somewhere but can't remember..in the games section how do I hide the corrupted data icon that is displayed with every program you install..

Also, whats the story with KXploit for installing hombrew?can I not just copy the stuff to the game folder.?

Thanks,
    Hakko

EDIT: just found an app its called PSickoPortable v0.2b and I got it on www.psp-spot.com > downloads...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Also, whats the story with KXploit for installing hombrew?can I not just copy the stuff to the game folder.?

Thanks,
    Hakko

EDIT: just found an app its called PSickoPortable v0.2b and I got it on www.psp-spot.com > downloads...

1. First format your memory stick just copy and paste ur saved data b4 doin so this way you can put it back into it, and connect your USB to your psp

2. Then you need KXploit v0.3 http://www.psp-hacks.com/psp-kxploit-howto.php and install it

3. Next get the emulator you want i suggest this one http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/unofficialsnes9xpsp.shtml

4. Mmk, now open your KXploit v0.3 now this should have 3 options to do should look like this

NAME ___________
    PBP File_______
    PSP Unit_________

5. For name put whatever floats your boat so just put SNES for simplicity reasons

6. Now the emulator you downloaded should be an "eboot.pbp" file, so locate it and select it for that option

7. Ok the psp unit you can select where it is it should be the last choice probably "f"

8. Now click "generate files" , now in your psp you will have 2 folders in the "PSP/GAME" folder which will be "SNES" and "SNES%"

9. The emulator will work from this point however first you must have games (roms) they must be .smc files your on your own there as to where to find them use kazaa or somthing for it, these "ROMS" must be placed in the "SNES" folder in your PSP

10. Dissconnect the USB and any UMD you might have in your PSP, In the psp menu screen scroll right to memory stick then down to the bottom, ignore the corrupt data it means nothing, open the other File and voila! there is you emulator sir and your roms (games) will be listed there also

**SNES RUNNING SLOW? for optimal performance and quality in your snes games i suggest the following, maybe slightly differ for certain games but only changing the graphics speed and sound speed if this isnt working properly

Frame skip - 2
    Auto frameskip - Off
    Screen Size - Full
    Show FPS - Doesnt matter
    VSync - Off
    Sound - On
    Sound Rate - 11kHz (really doesn't effect the sound quality very much)
    Transparency - Off
    Graphics Speed - Default
    Sound Speed - 1.1
    PSP Clock - 333MHZ (not harmfull whatsoever)

Repeat this process for any and all other emulators you wish to install, only one memory card is necessary and also not bothersome

*certain games as stated need the Graphics Speed and Sound Speed to be toggled do not go past 2.0 becasue beyond that may be harmfull ,use your best judgment from this point if there is much on the screen I.E. Mario Kart having 2 screens the game will run like crap (for now till the emulators are updated)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

yeah its on pspupdates.com
    it hides and re arranges, mind u didnt work for me, it replaced them with extra same icons then i had to go delete them manually and then one of my apps didnt work.

Advertisement