Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tala svenska...

Options
  • 02-10-2005 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hej!
    I just moved to Dublin and would like to brush up my Swedish which used to be pretty fluent. I have been away from the Nordic countries for so many years that I haven't really had the opportunity to speak Swedish but I'd love to get it back...
    Would anyone know a Swede who would be interested in getting together for a meal or beer and a chat every now and then. I'm a woman, 40 something and not looking for a relationship, I'd just like to make swedish speaking friends :)

Any other ideas where I could find Swedish speakers?

Undrar Lucide

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This forum is a good start. Don't know any Swedes in Dub but I'm sure there's heaps! I'm in Galway, PM me if your'e in town sometime and we'll have a chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 markisevil

Try the Irish Scandinavian Club, and some of their links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 lucide

Tomorrow appears to be their pub evening; has anyone participated? I think I'll go there tomorrow, just to have a look. Should one write here in Swedish? I have some trouble with the Scandinavian letters with my keyboard (being French). The Swedish o is a bit tricky, for the rest I can manage... Ä and Ö are easy ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭XT_Dweezil

Here you go

åÅ äÄ öÖ

That´s about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭RPGGAMER

lucide wrote:
    Hej!
    I just moved to Dublin and would like to brush up my Swedish which used to be pretty fluent. I have been away from the Nordic countries for so many years that I haven't really had the opportunity to speak Swedish but I'd love to get it back...
    Would anyone know a Swede who would be interested in getting together for a meal or beer and a chat every now and then. I'm a woman, 40 something and not looking for a relationship, I'd just like to make swedish speaking friends :)

Any other ideas where I could find Swedish speakers?

Undrar Lucide

theres lots of swedes in UL my fiances swedish? they have a soc here i think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭RPGGAMER

yes now that i think of it. theres a lot of swedes in ireland. we had two neighbours in castletroy limercik who were swedes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭XT_Dweezil

Dublin alone is supposed to have about 3500 swedes ant any given time, but know the whole country.

For instance Café Moca close to St. Stephen Greens shppoingcenter, usually have about 3-5 swedish girls during the summer as waitresses

Advertisement