Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin N & S

Options
  • 02-10-2005 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Dublin is a big-ish place so i many of us could be forgiven if we dont know all of the areas in dublin,

I was on the southside on saturday looking at a few motors and i shocked me to see how vast the southside was and how nice it was too, so howmany of us can say that they know the city and suburbs like the back of their hand?

Do you know all Of Dublin 22 votes

I live in the S/S, No
    0%
    I live in the S/S, Yes
    45%
    morlanjoker77FunkstardSarsfieldblu_sonicGazza22RbastoRandolphEsqBlondie86Star 10 votes
    I live in the N/S, No
    45%
    ADOmichaelanthonyJackKellyTirielKillerShamrockcopaceticbutters scotchSue*waldolodgepole 10 votes
    I live in the N/S, Yes
    9%
    endplateJonny Arson 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I live in the S/S, Yes
    You've left out the West side, which is probably bigger than either the North or South at this stage! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I live in the S/S, Yes
    I know the southside along the coast, town, and a bit inland from the coast. Sin é

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I live in the S/S, Yes
    I know my way around the Southside fairly well, know a few areas on the Northside but not well enough to say that I know it "like the back of my hand".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

I live in the S/S, Yes
    Yeh i'd be the same as rb_ie. Know the southside fairly well. Wouldnt know the westside at all, know some of the northside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I know both sides of the city pretty well. There are more people on the North side, yet more facilities on the South (hospitals etc). The only thing that the South doesn't have is an airport. There is a definite "panache" about the South side. Compare for example the Ilac with the Stephens Green Centre. I am not saying one is better than the other, but the politicians and planners seem to think one is.......

City centre, An Lar, is North side, the Pres Res also, Bertie's house too....

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I live in the N/S, No
    grew up northside and know it really well, went to college and have worked and lived in various southside areas for last 12 years so know it really well too..
    only thing that tends to catch me out is going back to an area you know well and all of a sudden buildings are gone and a one way system has appeared out of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I live in the N/S, No
    oops I'm sorry I clicked the wrong answer!! I live in the South Side and only know the areas around UCD.. which is very little tbh!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I know all of the northside very well. I'm a bit hazy about some of the southside (the further west I go the more likely I am to be somewhat confused) but I could find my way about it after a fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I live in the N/S, Yes
    I'm from the North-East side of Dublin and I'm very familiar with coastal areas on both North and South sides but if you were ever to drop me into the North-West or South-West sides of the city I'd probably get lost.

What's even more scarier is that Dublin is a small city! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I was actually gonna make a thread on this a while ago :)

I'm from the SW, and I know the South side of the city well enough, and some of the suburbs (Tallaght, Templeogue, Terenure, mainly); and I know the area around O'Connell Street decently, but none of the suburbs, no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭dazberry

I'm from the North-East side of Dublin and I'm very familiar with coastal areas on both North and South sides but if you were ever to drop me into the North-West or South-West sides of the city I'd probably get lost.

I'd be similar being from the north-east tbh. I'd know the south-west a bit better (since I've lived in south west - inside canal for the last 12 years!) - but there's still miles of madness beyond that that just leave me confused and disorientated! North-west - well you can just forget most of that - I'd just be completely lost - best I could do would be to find maybe Santry or Castleknock. Swords is like a word a keep hearing?!

D.

Advertisement