Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any chance of some more smileys?

Options
  • 02-10-2005 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

As the title says, I think its been brought up before but is there any chance. Maybe a few animated ones if possible.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Oh dear - animated ones are an eyesore. If you want more, get creative with ascii ones. My own favourite is the cthulicon: :€

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Meh its just the same Simu with the good ould ascii ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

This has be been proposed before and has been rejected every time! I think the amount of smileys we have at the moment is adequate.

Animated ones like you see on alot of other forums are a real pain in the ass and make the whole place look cheap.

Sure if you want to use extra ones, just use smiley packages from the net! It's better to put forward your point through text than having a smiley for every emotion like plenty of other forums do...

I say nay

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

What gazza22 said.

I'd imagine boards is on a add feature freeze until the new servers kick in :€

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Just use img tags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Hobbes wrote:
    Just use img tags.
    shush you

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

teach.gif
    Hobbes wrote:
    Just use img tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Ok I can could Img tags. :)

WDK wrote:
    As the title says, I think its been brought up before but is there any chance. Maybe a few animated ones if possible.

No no, we need more avatars if anything. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

no!
    I am Spartacus!

• Advertisement

bobscopy3tx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

simu wrote:
    My own favourite is the cthulicon: :€

Classic :)

And to show I had a good laugh, where's that emoticon that hits himself over the head with a mallet to show that he's laughing hard? Or was that the "I'm special" emoticon?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

WDK wrote:
    Maybe a few animated ones if possible.

oh sweet jebus NO
    I hate them with a vengence and the thought of having to see pages of bouncing animated faces makes my eyes bleed

why not just write down what you want to express, a million animated faces instead of text is the mark of a lazy mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

I hate them with a vengence and the thought of having to see pages of bouncing animated faces makes my eyes bleed

olas.gif
    olas.gif

tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

Animated smileys make baby jebus cry... I say, if anything, bring back the ninja.. but don't go overboard.. remember that brief stint with the Odlums logo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Finger%20Smiley.gifRofl%20Smiley.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

simu wrote:
    My own favourite is the cthulicon: :€

Hurrah! One more poster to use it regularly and I can officially declare it a trend!

Also: %) <--- Picasso smiley.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

violent069.gifnun001.gif

he he he :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

uselesssmiley.jpg

• Advertisement

rolleyes.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Hobbes wrote:
    Just use img tags.

Anyone who needs to be told is probably safer not knowing; prepare for a deluge of animated smilies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

crucified.gif

He died for all our Smileys, even the animated ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

I think,if anythin, we need new avatars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Sweet wrote:
    I think,if anythin, we need new avatars.

Arent you missing something obvious in your hurry to post irrelevancies on every feedback thread? You're a subscriber.

and please god no more official smileys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

You're a subscriber.

Do they? I actually like the lack of abritrary avatar selection; it means that I am free to use a rather disturbingly cute killer alien (and before that, a Far Side duck) without being unoriginal. There's enough choice that you can get away with usually being about the only user of a given avatar; I don't think anyone else is using this Zim pose, for example. (The other one has a few users).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Fobia, the Models Forum mod, known as quetzal on irc uses that Zim avatar too.

In other news:

customavatars.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Animated smileys are a bad, bad thing. Cloud skin has a couple of animated smileys. Hate them. I've got the 'rolleyes' one adblocked it's so annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Ah now, there are a few exceptions.

Señor perv: naughty.gif

and the Happy banana: banana.sml.gif

The rolleyes smiley in Cloud skin makes me want to kill. Especially when people decide to use 7 in a row to drive their point home: "BTW, I was being sarcastic!"

Advertisement