Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blazer/jacket

• 02-10-2005 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Right, I'm looking for a casual blazer/sports jacket/jacket, I'm not terribly sure what they're calling them these days.

I'm looking for something along the lines of this

Anyway where can you get them, I know a few places like Jack Jones and River Island sell them but is there anywhere else? Dublin City preferable.

And I have little to no idea of the going rate for them. How much would I be spending? I'm not looking for anything really fancy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Go to www.topman.com and navigate to jackets. They have a "brown cord single breasted blazer with two buttons" for £60. More than likely it's also in the Dublin shops, and will probably work out to be around the 90 euro mark. (I'ld post a direct link, but Topman don't allow that!!!)

Hope that helps with the search. Now is definitely the best time to go looking for one as a lot of the Autumn/Winter trends have hit the shops. Don't leave it for long, as good jackets/ coats tend to be snaped up quickly....and do shop around.

[Edit: forgot that Topman are giving a 15% discount at the moment if you produce student id...]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

H&M. My little brother got one there for about £30, so €45. They do loadsa styles and colours in the youth section. I know they have black pinstriped ones and some black ones this season. Maybe a wine red one too iirc? You can get a totally plain one in the ordinary men's section for quite cheap too. I know there's a H&M in Dundrum but I've never been there so couldn't tell you how likely it is for you to find one there. H&M stuff is wonderful quality and fit. Most of my basics come from there and since stuff is so cheap there you can afford to buy lots of it. Most of my wardrobe is H&M since I moved.

Eager Beaver in Temple Bar?. They do a lot of those kinds of jackets at various prices. I know they do kind of velvety ones anyway but I'm sure they'd have slightly more plain ones. Haven't been there for a while so can't quote a price but I'd say you'd probably be paying €60+.

If you want to go for a slightly more unique one try Urban Outfitters. They do a lot of basic pieces that are jazzed up a little. I adore that shop! Finally got a Birmingham branch too, thank jebus. I was in withdrawal. Now the prices tend to be slightly higher here but the stuff is usually more interesting than your average River Island or Topman stuff. Although I guess the guys stuff in both those shops has gotten pretty weird lately... Anywho, that is in Temple Bar also. Prices on the website are in dollars so they range from $70 to almost $400, but I do find they add on a little to the Euro prices so add like €10-€20 for each item. They have a clearance section anyway so if you're lucky you'll find some bargains there. Most of the things in clearance are 50% off or more, I find.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

this that site updates frequently but has cool blazers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I would imagine that buying a jacket on-line would be rather tough, not been able to try it on and worring if it will fit or not , the only item of clothing ill buy on-line is tshirt .I buy my blazer jackets in a shop called Mckenna man based in dundalk , i know they also have shops in navan , drogheda , swords, dundalk they are very good .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 nure05

ari,im lookin for one of thosejackets with the fur trim on d hood except not those knacker ones u see em wlkin rnd wit tracksuits,
    i want one like the one in river island for 92.50 but too many ppl i know have that one so does any one know any shops or websites where i can get one cos my other alternative is a knacker columbia jacket!!!!!!!!
    PLEASE HELP ME :eek:

• Advertisement

Arnotts Bargain Basement is the place to go, never anything dearer than €80 and the ones for €40 are great too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Arnotts Bargain Basement is the place to go, never anything dearer than €80 and the ones for €40 are great too!

On that note, where in the name of god is this place I hear so much about? What are the colours like?

The amount of deals and so forth I must be missing purely because I have no idea where it is.

Looks like I've a fine list of places to go now. Thanks to all. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'm assuming you know how to get to arnotts.

so from the entrance from abbey street, go down to the tv's and electronics from the stairs on your left as you walk in the door.

once downstairs head right and you'll find it.

probably an easier way to get there but i don't know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I've bought from Rusty Zipper in the past. You can get a genuine '60's jacket for around $60-70.
    Actually, you get the trousers too for that, even though I'll probably never wear them. The jacket I got is very good quality.

If you buy a few things, you'll save on postage, and if something doesn't fit, just post it back and get a refund. If you get yourself measured correctly, then you know what to look for.

Advertisement