Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you do with your old portfolios?

Options
  • 02-10-2005 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I'm sure it will be moved if its not.

What do you do with your old portfolios?

I've been hanging on to my old portfolios and college work even lots of my doodles, for years. Some of it I've scanned in, though never cleaned up the raw scans. But I have a couple of A2 portfolios of this stuff and I was thinking of just dumping it all. I haven't been in design for years, so I'll never use it, as a portfolio. Its not good enough for that anyway. I might keep the scans on DVD. But really if I ever do anything creative in the future, I'd like to start from scratch. I know people like to keep stuff as memories etc., but to be honest college and work projects are a bit boring. At least mine were.

Any thoughts?

On a purely practical level what can you do with the A2 portfolio's. I doubt anyone uses them anymore. What about all the old A2 artwork. It would be a PIA to put it in a green bin. So where can do you get rid of it all? The recycling center?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

hmm all of mine are in the attic at home, my favourite pieces are in a case in my room under the bed, don't think I'd fancy throwint it away, even though like you I know I most likely will never need it again anyway!! I suppose recycling is probably best..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

ditto what the others said. while right now you may not see the worth keeping, as long as it's not major hassle to keep it (as in you have attic space or somewhere to just store it all) i'd say keep it. In 20 years time it will at least raise a smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

dangerman wrote:
    ...In 20 years time it will at least raise a smile.

Seems a bit wasteful, to store a load of crap for 20yrs to look at it once or twice and go, ahhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Nah its the little things that count ;)

Advertisement