Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Just wondering if anyone has ordered a Dell through Pigsback, and how long it took the piggypoints to come through?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Jean wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone has ordered a Dell through Pigsback, and how long it took the piggypoints to come through?!
    I know someone who did a while back, not sure how long it took but I think it was less than a month. All I remember was the normally modest piggypoints total shot up for them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

50 points for registering for smithwicks cat laughs festival

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭fletch

steve 0 wrote:
    I know someone who did a while back, not sure how long it took but I think it was less than a month. All I remember was the normally modest piggypoints total shot up for them :D
    I was sick last month after ordering a new laptop off Dell and only remembered after I placed the order about clicking through pigsback! Emailed pigsback support but nothing they could do for me :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

fletch wrote:
    I was sick last month after ordering a new laptop off Dell and only remembered after I placed the order about clicking through pigsback! Emailed pigsback support but nothing they could do for me :mad:

I opend a RaboDirect account and was equally sickened when I forgot to click through pigsback! Oh well we live and learn (the hard way!)

• Advertisement

10 points for watching L’Oréal ad
    http://www.pigsback.com/offers/993507028/default.asp

50 points for requesting Anglo Irish Bank Info pack
    http://www.pigsback.com/offers/867408395/default.asp

50 points: Request a permanent tsb switch current account pack
    http://www.pigsback.com/offers/117942452/default.asp

50 points: Nominate for this year’s People of the Year awards
    http://www.pigsback.com/offers/790153146/default.asp

10 points: Vote for Ireland's greatest living musician
    http://www.pigsback.com/offers/618323922/default.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

More 10 pointers put up today

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

fletch wrote:

Same here:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

fletch wrote:

I'd hardly call it sickening... i paid 420€ for a dell E520 from another thread here. The points only apply to pre-vat + pre delivery... which brings the offer valid price to €299. And at only 5pp per euro spent, thats 1500pp. Thats a fair few piggypoints, but after buying a new PC, i was expecting a lot more.
    it equates to slightly more than a 12€ cdwow voucher, their average new DVD price on that site being ~€20, its pretty bad. I was expecting at least a new DVD, after buying a whole PC.

Meh. Sorry for complaining about something for nothing. rant over.

Thank you I feel much better now.

Don't think this was posted before
    100 points: Request more info on First Active Elevator Account
    http://www.pigsback.com/offers/513557076/default.asp
    This offer expires on Saturday, June 16, 2007

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭jc7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

I see Pigsback.com have gotten rid of their Phone Zone - where you could top up on-line (without any surcharge - I hate paying for the privilege of topping up!) and get points back. It worked out at €1 back in points for topping up by €20.

I think it would be a good idea if readers here who have used or would like to use the service and save some money would contact them - otherwise it may be gone for good! :eek:

Here is the link: http://www.pigsback.com/members/contact.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JDMC

ahh crap thats the only thing i used my pig points for

Is it just me or do they have a lot less companies that award points for purchases now? Woodies DIY seems to be gone too - 10% back in points = free vouchers or top-ups if buying anything - were always very good on delivery price (about €6 anywhere) and very quick!

What is going on over there? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Jean wrote:

I have (a good while ago now) & the points took AGES, think it was a good few months, to come through. Got to the stage where id forgotten about them then woohoo lots of points :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'd hardly call it sickening... i paid 420€ for a dell E520 from another thread here. The points only apply to pre-vat + pre delivery... which brings the offer valid price to €299. And at only 5pp per euro spent, thats 1500pp. Thats a fair few piggypoints, but after buying a new PC, i was expecting a lot more.
    it equates to slightly more than a 12€ cdwow voucher, their average new DVD price on that site being ~€20, its pretty bad. I was expecting at least a new DVD, after buying a whole PC.

Meh. Sorry for complaining about something for nothing. rant over.

I rang Dell last week just before I was about to submit my order to ask a quick question, woman I dealt with gave me a cash discount and put the order through there and then when I said I was referred by pigsback. I got the cash off instead of the piggypoints.

Result!

• Advertisement

Does anyone find that it takes ages to get credited for the grocery vouchers? I use them most weeks and I still haven't got credited from Christmas shop I did!!!!

Since yesterday (Tuesday 19/06/07) they updated the site and the page addresses have all changed, so all the links in previous posts are invalid!
    Here is the link to the new 'Club Energise Sport' Sports Page with the weekly 10 point quiz and 10 points for viewing the ad
    http://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/25/94.aspx

Dors1976 wrote:
    Does anyone find that it takes ages to get credited for the grocery vouchers? I use them most weeks and I still haven't got credited from Christmas shop I did!!!!
    I rarely find ones that I want but I've never seen points from them. Its something to do with what the shop does with the voucher, don't really know how it works. Still, at least we get the actual discount for the purchase.

Edit: Only used them in Dunnes Stores in Ennis, maybe its just an issue with them.

The points do show up in the "My Piggypoints" section - although I nearly always use them in Tesco - maybe other retailers take longer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

Since the update my piggypoints are not being incremented.
    anyone else having this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ilovemooch

Mine didn't seem to be updating at first but it just took a little time.
    What I find annoying is that the search doesn't work properly.
    I usually do the ebay quiz weekly to get the 10 points and I can't search for ebay in the search box anymore, I've got to keep clicking round and eventually find it. However the submit button on it wasn't working earlier either!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Just a quick question guys. Has anybody on here ever won anything in the Pigsback.com competitions? I have entered a load so far and nothing.....

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I dont think anyone ever wins. Especially the 1000 points every day ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

Ne'er a sausage has been won by me. Smokey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Cheers guys, this begs the question then are there any prizes at all?

Advertisement