Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

I won the daily quiz way back and once I got a jackpot share from the sports predictions. Nothing since though. Would prefer some of the competition prizes than points. Wonder how many members there are altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭wba88

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eyeofthetiger

I won a weekend away to Spain...haven't gone on it yet though so we'll see ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I won a one year family ticket to the Zoo. Have used it a fair few times so far already. You can't expect to win competitions. The odds are very much stacked against you..

This thread alone has more than 45 thousand hits and climbing..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Sharp wrote:
    1 more weekly 10 pointer, the BIM Quiz of the week. On the same page is the daily trivia quiz with a 1000 points prize.
    Sharp wrote:
    This has a 1000 points prize for 1 lucky winner.
    The weekly carzone quiz has a prize of 5000 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

Thanks for the links. They are brill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

The 10 pointers which appeared in the OFFERS section on th old site seem to be no longer there on the new site.
    Also when i do answer one of the 10 point questions, my piggy points are not being incremented.
    Also the Car Zone quiz is no longer there.
    Is there any advantage in visiting this site anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The do they just look a bit different,I have had at least 5 of them since the site changed:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

the 10 pointers are still there, they appear differently i.e without the purple box instead they are a line undertneath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Just to let you know. Pigsback sent me an email last week with a link to visit their new web site, and get 100 points (to anyone who has had points expire), the next working day. I visited the web site using the link, but never got the points. So I emailed them and they said the points will be addded. So if you got this email and clicked the link, I'd suggest you check that you received the points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Wasd anyone able to book the preview tickets for the Transformers movie from Pigsback? I went in pretty much bang on 10.30 a.m. and got a message that it was fully booked :-( Kinda ****ty.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

Answered sports quiz today.
    10 piggypoints not added to total (again)

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,330 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I had that problem too and contacted them. Here's the reply I got:
    Hi

Thanks for your mail.

My appologies for the delay of your PiggyPoints getting to you.
    With the new changes being made to Pigsback.com, there are some slight delays in PiggyPoints being rewarded.
    You should recieve your PiggyPoints soon.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further queries.

Kind Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭SpongeBob2000

loads of "shop and earn" offers are gone.

I still haven't been credited with the 100 points I'm owed, despite being sent an email saying they would be given to me. :(

20 points: Enter VisitScotland.com Scottish Highlands trip comp (due to expire on Aug 27, 2007)
    http://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/5/269.aspx?pbq=1025%2c1025%2cVOVTL

10 points x 2: View Carefree Flexiform ad & 10 point quiz
    http://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/144/710.aspx

Good news on building up points in case you hadn't heard.
    We wanted to let you know that we've taken the site revamp as an opportunity to revise our PiggyPoint expiry rules. PiggyPoints used to expire after 12 months but thanks to member feedback that won't be the case any more. PiggyPoints are now far less likely to expire - the only time they will is if you don't visit the site for a whole six months.

I want to be fair to Pigsback, I got my points today! :) Just in case you missed it on the thread below this LaCie 500Gb drive is reduced to €103.49 for one week at Dabs, if you order through Pigsback, you get 200 Piggypoints as well. (Per shopping order, ends August 30th. 2007.) Thanks to Pauly3 for spotting this bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

got my free sweets from Natural Confectionery company, through pigsback today. Cant find original post tho. Cheers to OP anyway.
    Nice size 200g bag :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭georgem25

I got my free sweeties too:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭jc7

got a bag also, think they are the long snake ones

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

Got mine too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

me too.. wasnt expecting a big bag... my lil bro was delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

What is the Irish pigsback like? how long does it normally say take to get to 1000 points for a voucher?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

p_larkin99 wrote:
    What is the Irish pigsback like? how long does it normally say take to get to 1000 points for a voucher?

Cheers

Well, check the vouchers available first. Chances are there'll be nothing you want, so it wont be worth joining.
    If you do join, i'd suggest setting up a yahoo/gmail account just for it, as you'll need to sign up for a load of rubbishy spam you dont want.
    To get the first 1000pp (or near enough) is easy. After that, its usually not worth the bother of going back every week, unless you buy alot through one of their partners.

That said... to get the first 1000pp might take about an hour of effort... for looking for the offers, and then signing up. The weekly payback, between click throughs and weekly quizes (10pp each), you'll get about 70pp a week, for 8 minutes work, and just let that build up.

So i guess it all depends how much your time is worth, if the vouchers are worth it, and if you plan buying online with their partners.

Personally, i gave up. Alot of the partners started disappearing, and since cdwow went to the dogs, none of the vouchers interest me.

Final point: ask your friends if they're joined, they can get alot of points for referring you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭oneweb

Don't forget to use up your EXPIRES AT END OF MONTH points today! ;)

It is what it's.

oneweb wrote:
    Don't forget to use up your EXPIRES AT END OF MONTH points today! ;)
    Not the case any more, they revised the PiggyPoint expiry rules! Got a mail on 05/07/07 confirming this.
    PiggyPoints used to expire after 12 months but thanks to member feedback that won't be the case any more. PiggyPoints are now far less likely to expire - the only time they will is if you don't visit the site for a whole six months.

• Advertisement

200 PiggyPoints and €99 Lynch hotel voucher for getting your gas boiler serviced: Get your boiler serviced before the 31st August 2007 and Bord Gáis Energy Supply will give you a €99 Lynch Hotel Voucher! Apply online today through Pigsback.com and get 200 PiggyPoints also.

Also free €10 voucher for XBox Live Gaming Centre, Dublin. Just print off the voucher online at Pigsback.ie: Xbox Live Gaming Centre is offering Pigsback.com members a free €10 voucher to use at their gaming centre in Dublin city centre. You can play games such as Halo 3, Ghost Recon, Guitar Hero II and many, many more!

Advertisement