Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pigsback.com

Comments

thebiglad wrote: »
    Your point makes no sense - the entire reason to collect points is to convert them into worthwhile stuff.

Not much point in collecting up the piggy points if there is nothing in the piggy shop or it takes an eternity to arrive

All the recent 'rants' have been down to stuff ordered not arriving too swiftly or plain out of stock. By sharing in this open forum fellow users of pigsback are on notice.

Spot on my good man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Your point makes no sense - the entire reason to collect points is to convert them into worthwhile stuff.

Not much point in collecting up the piggy points if there is nothing in the piggy shop or it takes an eternity to arrive

All the recent 'rants' have been down to stuff ordered not arriving too swiftly or plain out of stock. By sharing in this open forum fellow users of pigsback are on notice.

I just meant that if they do start giving things out on time, then there are a lot of points to get at the moment on the site, usually about 100 a week whereas there used to be less than 50 per week. no need to over react!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

Hi all I am waiting for O2 credit from the 12th of Jan with email just getting normal reply. Sorry out of stock do you want point refund or you can wait. I think they don't have the money to order things and like any company going down hill. They can't give good service if they can't buy any thing themselves.

Pigsback hear our cry :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Just got this out of the blue email - I will have been waiting four weeks next Monday:rolleyes:

I am very sorry that you have not yet received your call credit reward code.

I know how annoyed you must be but please rest assured that I am doing everything that I can to rectify this and I will have all outstanding rewards delivered by close of business next Friday.

During December our supplier increased the price we were paying for call credit. In order to avoid having to increase the PiggyPoints price for call credit we have been negotiating with other suppliers in an attempt to ensure that we can maintain our current price levels. We expect to conclude this next week.

In the meantime if you do not wish to wait for your call credit code then please click the link below and we will refund your PiggyPoints and you can claim any of our other reward.

Thank you for your patience and continued support of Pigsback.com.

KInd Regards
    Curly and the team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Frick all on offer anymore. Used to get the Hughes & Hughes book vouchers but not seen them in a while. The rest of the rewards are muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Frick all on offer anymore. Used to get the Hughes & Hughes book vouchers but not seen them in a while. The rest of the rewards are muck.
    Absolutely agree - if they withdraw phone credit may as well cancel membership!

Didn't realise Hughes & Hughes was gone - that was always my second option - oh well.

The CDs are good, but they take 4 weeks for delivery cos they come from singapore or something . . .

These, and others, seem to be available "through the back door" via this Air Wick link, where you log in using your identical pigsback email and password.

http://fresherhomes.pigsback.com/login.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Is there any websites similar to pigsback.com?

Was thinking of registering, but the rewards are crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

I have signed up to www.bethrifty.ie on the advice of other boardsie. decent enough rewards= cashback. That said, I have been waiting for over a month now for the cash to come through, still waiting.

Pigsback is all about the phone credit for me. Grocery coupons etc are decent at times and other 10% offs etc... at times are good. If you want I can refer you and I get a bonus off them, think you do too but not 100% sure:) Just checked:

I will get 50 PiggyPoints when your friend registers. Please note your friend must mobile validate their account for their registration to be valid.
    I will get a further 250 PiggyPoints the first time your friend spends their PiggyPoints on a reward (excluding charity donations).

So in fact it is onyl good for me but you still get your other bonuses!

Credit card is good for points too. every €2 spent, 1 point. no other CC gives anything, AFAIK, so this ain't bad.

• Advertisement

change on the site this week, the 10 point quiz on motors section is gone, but there are now 10 point quizzes in the persil section and the coupons section.

glanman wrote: »
    Credit card is good for points too. every €2 spent, 1 point. no other CC gives anything, AFAIK, so this ain't bad.

Used to be €1 = 1 point

Also not the best interest rate so unless clear balance think carefully...

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭jc77

Also not the best interest rate so unless clear balance think carefully...

Their cc is provided by MBNA. I'd hate to think what their interest rate is.

jc77 wrote: »
    Their cc is provided by MBNA. I'd hate to think what their interest rate is.

14.9%apr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Pigsback Spring offers.. tourism related.

http://www.visitdublin.com/downloads/PigsbackSpringVouchers.pdf

They came up with the long-awaited O2 phone credit today, as they said they would, but they may well have got just enough to clear the back-orders, not having any left for anyone wanting to order some now. When I told someone that mine had come through, they tried to order some, only to get the message that they're out of stock.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

ejmaztec wrote: »
    These, and others, seem to be available "through the back door" via this Air Wick link, where you log in using your identical pigsback email and password.

http://fresherhomes.pigsback.com/login.aspx

Brilliant. Was waiting for ages or the Hughes and Hughes vouchers to come back in. Just ordered €30 worth. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

kcools wrote: »
    Brilliant. Was waiting for ages or the Hughes and Hughes vouchers to come back in. Just ordered €30 worth. Thanks!

Good luck with that, I ordered mine on the 21st of December and still no show...wouldn't mind but it was €25 worth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭sasser

I wouldn't be so sure of getting the vouchers through the back door, I think they are going to cut that off next!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

I ordered H&H vouchers on the 5th of January and got them yesterday. They are very slow with sending out rewards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

Finally arrived yesterday after 2 months of waiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

sasser wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure of getting the vouchers through the back door, I think they are going to cut that off next!

they have! i ordered them a few days ago, after seeing the link above, and today they have said "order void" and refunded my points

theres nothing else i want to get really

hope they bring back teh h&h vouchers

Well it looks like the H&H vouchers will be no more -

Hughes & Hughes goes into receivership
    One of the country's largest bookshop chains, Hughes and Hughes, has gone into receivership, threatening 225 jobs.

In a statement issued today, the company said it had been operating in an environment of collapsing consumer demand due to the recession and exchange rate differential with sterling.

The company also blamed the collapse in passenger numbers through Dublin and Cork airport where the much of the Hughes & Hughes business was generated through its concessions there.
    Advertisement

High retail rents and competition from internet booksellers were also factors in the company's downturn.
    Directors and management said they had invited Ulster Bank Ireland Limited to appoint David Carson of Deloitte as receiver to the company.

Hughes & Hughes has been in operation for around 26 years

The RTE website is now reporting that the shops have closed immediately...wonder will pigsback give us back our point :rolleyes:

robo wrote: »
    The RTE website is now reporting that the shops have closed immediately...wonder will pigsback give us back our point :rolleyes:

I would think unlikely, if they take back vouchers and credit points they take loss!

It is no different to anyone who purchased vouchers, you end up losing out. Vouchers are so risky...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭valc

According to RTE, the shops at Dublin airport remain open. May be some chance of spending the vouchers

valc

valc wrote: »
    According to RTE, the shops at Dublin airport remain open. May be some chance of spending the vouchers

valc

Yes H&H at the airport have new facilities - cannot imagine DAA being too happy to have a big hole in their shopping facilities and if this was H&H most profitable outlet should be the last to go.

However if in Examinership may not take vouchers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

damn I got 80 euro worth a few weeks ago and hadn't got round to spending them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

new pigsback partner: bookdepository.co.uk - 5 piggypoints per euro spent

IMO pigsback is still a good site

new offer: 250piggypoints if you top up a mobile through your aib internet banking (once per account) - I'm glad i'm with aib pigsback always have great offers

you can enter a competition on pigsback to win a €750 Blue Book voucher when you top up this way too

also get 15000 piggypoints when you apply and drawdown an aib mortgage, good if your going for a mortgage with aib anyway

new quiz in the charity zone for 10 points . . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭sasser

A-wear vouchers gone :mad:

With phone credit always out of stock and no Hughes and Hughes vouchers, stacking up Piggy points is a waste of time.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    With phone credit always out of stock and no Hughes and Hughes vouchers, stacking up Piggy points is a waste of time.
    Spot on. The whole site is pointless!! And to think I went out of my way to buy a Dell laptop through pigsback. I could have gone to bethrifty and got cashback :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Very very poor site these days.

Spot on. The whole site is pointless!! And to think I went out of my way to buy a Dell laptop through pigsback. I could have gone to bethrifty and got cashback :mad::mad::mad:

I'm two months waiting (still counting) for cashback from bethrifty with no sign of it coming and they fobbed me off when I asked them...

I would be critical of Pigsback normally but for this one occasion we cannot blame them for Hughes & Hughes.

The phone credit however is now becoming a joke, if they take that off their website totally then there really will be nothing left worth ordering.

Pigsback needs to get its act together and PDQ.

I would be critical of Pigsback normally but for this one occasion we cannot blame them for Hughes & Hughes.

The phone credit however is now becoming a joke, if they take that off their website totally then there really will be nothing left worth ordering.

I asked them about credit they said:

"Unfortunately we are out of stock with all call credit. During December our supplier increased the price we were paying for call credit. In order to avoid having to increase the PiggyPoints price for call credit we have been negotiating with other suppliers in an attempt to ensure that we can maintain our current price levels. We expect to conclude this within the next few weeks."

and then told then of the disappointment of not having it, that I would be willing to pay a few more points for credit and that boardsie were unhappy and she said:

"I'm sure it will be resolved soon."

I'm not holding my breath and because of this I have been less active than normal on pigsback! get the credit back!!

I'm not blaming Pigsback for the demise of H&H. I'm just pointing out that, in my opinion, those vouchers were only one of two things worth having, the other being the phone credit (except if you need 3000 feckin points to get any, that is:mad:).

"Unfortunately we are out of stock with all call credit. During December our supplier increased the price we were paying for call credit. In order to avoid having to increase the PiggyPoints price for call credit we have been negotiating with other suppliers in an attempt to ensure that we can maintain our current price levels. We expect to conclude this within the next few weeks."
    Bloody hell pigsback, go down the local shop and buy a handful of credit to keep things ticking over.

There is nothing of worth in the rewards section.

Whoever is in charge obviously doesn't care about customer satisfaction.

They'll have to change their name to Pigsear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 nuala

€20 of credit now 3,000 points:eek::mad:

absolute joke... so this crap of 1125 points being equivalent of €11.25, what a load of bull... bye bye pigsback

My clicking days are over - they can click off:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

bastards:mad:, ive been checking daily over the last few weeks and the credit was always out of stock, now its gone from 2100 too 3000 points and im on 2930:mad:

Bastards indeed. I'm with the others. Bye bye pigsback.

:mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Yeah I find myself using Pigsback less and less
    It is not worthwhile using that site anymore:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

:mad::mad: I had been waiting for the phone credit to come back in - have just over 2200 points ... will probably keep going until I get the 3000 and then jump ship ... not worth the hassle:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i need another 200 points or so to get a roomex hotel voucher, then im outa there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

sam34 wrote: »
    i need another 200 points or so to get a roomex hotel voucher, then im outa there

likewise, im going to get the few points needed to get the credit and then ill make a banana

• Advertisement

I remember before they raised the price and then for some reason lowered it again and repaid the difference... maybe that might happen for anyone who does order

For a marketing research company they are pretty crap at knowing what their members want and feel like...

Advertisement