Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pigsback.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

thebiglad wrote: »
    Me too with airport parking - sure its only a matter of time before they realise and reverse all the entries though.

Kets hope they don't I think we should use them before they notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

nava wrote: »
    Kets hope they don't I think we should use them before they notice.

indeed, worst thing they can do is leave you in a negative balance on your points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

or cancel your order and take the points back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭thebiglad

indeed, worst thing they can do is leave you in a negative balance on your points

Pigsback is so slow they will have plenty of time to realise before order is filled:D

Besides, someone from Pigsback probably reads this site and now they know, if only they would take as much notice of our other posts.

Pigsback sort yourselves out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishecomom

Where did the boots vouchers go? Loved them :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

There's too much moaning going on in this thread. However I went on my weekly visit today and there was only half the amount of points. One ad only carried 5 points! Things must be bad.

Can we move away from "Pigsback is rubbish" posts and post good points offers, although I doubt there are any these days :D
    I only noticed that this morning - 5 bloody points!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,783 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Where did the boots vouchers go? Loved them :confused:

They have been gone for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭purplestar1986

robo wrote: »
    I only noticed that this morning - 5 bloody points!!! :mad:

I'm not seeing any 5 point clicks. Rarely go on for the clicks anymore, I only used the points for top ups and now they cost 3000points :mad:

nevermind, I just had a 5 pointer there

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭jc77

€25 roomex voucher gone from 2600 points to 3000.
    €50 voucher gone from 5100 to 6000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭emmabo25

There is a £30 Amazon e-voucher in the rewards section now for 5000 points. I don't have enough points for it but hopefully some of you will be able to cash them in for something decent.

robo wrote: »
    And they will find out & take the points off!!! :mad:

My bonus points are now gone - presume everyone in same position - check your accounts...

Anyone manage to order anything (and get it delivered) before they realised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭sasser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

eliza64 wrote: »

I wonder what day it is? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Not a very good exchange rate on their paltry book selection, 1500 points for a book that was €5.95 in Tesco.:(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭catlovesmike

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever WON anything on Pigsback? I would enter comps all the time and have never won a single thing, not even tiny!!

I "won" (if you could call it a prize), tickets to the "You're Fired" show for the Apprentice last November. It was dragged out into 3 hours and you got sambos and refreshments!
    I also won twice on the 1,000 points daily quiz.
    I also won back in 2002, tickets to a play...whilst on holidays and I couldn't go :mad:

The main thing that I liked about the site, was I used to cash in my points for Hughes & Hughes vouchers and always had about €40 worth on me at most times, so I have a nice book collection built from those. But now that they are gone...:(

That is about the extent of it!

top up with AIB bank online or by text between 1 march and may 31 and get 250 points, just enter details here if you have done it/are planning to do it! Easy points for something I do already, now thats what I like to see!

http://www.pigsback.ie/pages/3/308/3025.aspx?pbq=4920%2c4920%2cVOVSR

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever WON anything on Pigsback? I would enter comps all the time and have never won a single thing, not even tiny!!

I have won a good few daily quizes, but not in the last 2 years. I won a competition for "Industrys debut single and goodie bag". I had no interest in this so negotiated for a good bag of colouring pencils etc!! cant remember anything else, wonder if anyone here ever won one of the trips away or special events etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I won a Lifestyle voucher.

I was always a huge fan of pigsback.com

However I recently got one of their "laptop jackets". I expected it was some sort of cloth thing with a zip (it was over 1700 piggypoints).

All it is is a crap sticker for a laptop. What a rip off!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Alliandre

emmabo25 wrote: »
    There is a £30 Amazon e-voucher in the rewards section now for 5000 points. I don't have enough points for it but hopefully some of you will be able to cash them in for something decent.

The one time they actually add something decent and you need a ridiculous amount of points for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 cdlynch13

What can I do with these Piggy Points or whatever they are called?

emmabo25 wrote: »

5000 points :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    5000 points :eek:

Pigsback HQ is the only place in Ireland where there's rampant hyper-inflation. The rest of the country has deflation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

Got the following reply on twitter from Pigsback regarding their extortionate phone credit overcharging.
    "Essentially, it's to do with our suppliers and the costings involved, unfortunately due to their increases we had to increase".

What a load of **** if ever I heard it, I can't understand how it could possibly cost 1000 extra points, when they don't even post the credit out, the code is sent in an email i.e. I'd love to know what "costings" if any have increased. I think Pigsback is getting greedy.

Also, is it just me or have the quality and quantity of the shopping coupons dramatically decreased?! Not impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Jayeire wrote: »
    I think Pigsback is getting greedy.

I don't believe it's a case of being greedy. I don't think they're making any money themselves at the moment.

ian_m wrote: »
    I don't believe it's a case of being greedy. I don't think they're making any money themselves at the moment.

Pigsback will always generate revenue from the amount of products, places and businesses that they advertise! But if they aren't currently making money they soon will be with the ridiculous amount they overcharge on both phone credit and amazon vouchers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Jayeire wrote: »
    Pigsback will always generate revenue from the amount of products, places and businesses that they advertise! But if they aren't currently making money they soon will be with the ridiculous amount they overcharge on both phone credit and amazon vouchers!

Nobody forces you to use their website to avail of offers, coupons or rewards.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Nobody forces you to use their website to avail of offers, coupons or rewards.

There's no need to get ratty over it!

I'm just saying that they shouldn't charge that much, when we're used to them charging much less... god .. calm down! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭milkycoffey

In good news though ( i know that's off the topic)
    I received my €20 voucher for Gourmet burger just a week after I cashed in my points (1800)
    I was WEAK for myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Won 1000 points on their daily crossword before. The 5000 points for the amazon voucher's insane, I'll be waiting til next year to have enough PiggyPoints for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Won 1000 points on their daily crossword before. The 5000 points for the amazon voucher's insane, I'll be waiting til next year to have enough PiggyPoints for it.

Are you sure? Thats only seven months away you know... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,359 ✭✭✭✭muffler

ian_m wrote: »
    Are you sure? Thats only seven months away you know... :pac:
    Sorry, 7 months away from???????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

muffler wrote: »
    Sorry, 7 months away from???????

A pig's ear, I mean, next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭4davis7

anyone want to br refered to pigsbank i need phone credit ha ha.
    if you want to be refer just PM me!!
    if yyour going to join you might aswel let me refer you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

4davis7 wrote: »
    anyone want to br refered to pigsbank i need phone credit ha ha.
    if you want to be refer just PM me!!
    if yyour going to join you might aswel let me refer you

Anyone who reads this thread won't exactly be encouraged to join!!!! Not many people singing praises of the site at the moment here . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭4davis7

Anyone who reads this thread won't exactly be encouraged to join!!!! Not many people singing praises of the site at the moment here . . .

well you have to remember that they are kinda giving you stuff for free.
    your all complaining how much their prices hav gone up but you get stuff in the end. Whats the easiest way on getting piggypoints

4davis7 wrote: »
    well you have to remember that they are kinda giving you stuff for free.
    your all complaining how much their prices hav gone up but you get stuff in the end. Whats the easiest way on getting piggypoints
    buying them!

Too true, if I was not already on Pigsback I would not join now - just waiting for next phone credit and then I am out of there.

Points too hard to come by now and stuff costing too much, not worth it anymore.

I have been with Pigsback for years and remember the good ol' days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Sharlovesjohn

I think the problem with phone credit and amazon is that the companies are not to happy about members getting it on the cheap all the time, it didnt seem to be benefiting anyone but ourselves they see thats what the main reward been claimed is and they turn up the price, its what any normal business would do? I work hard to log in once a week claim all points i can and take rewards like restaurant vouchers handy when heading out with friends for dinner or if its my turn to pay for me & oh :)

Be a friend of them on FB they give out goodies all the time :)

I have been with them since about 2003. At the end of the day they are a business, and the environment is bad at the moment, so I can forgive the piggy point inflation.

However, I ordered the laptop jacket for 1700 points, only to find out when I got it that it was a crappy sticker for a laptop. I felt that was dishonest and misleading.
    In fairness to them though they did offer to take it back when I complained, and it seem they discontinued that reward.

Also remember £30 Amazon voucher is worth about €35.50, so its not as bad as you might think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

Would anyone have any spare Pedigree Chum dry dog food vouchers printed off that are still in date by any chance?
    Just went t print a few out and they're gone and need to get a few bags ... would pay postage to anyone willing to send me any:o
    Thanks

Meant to ask, I used an Ambrosia voucher the other day so will I be able to print out another Ambrosia voucher and use it again?

reward_120_topshop.gifTopshop €20 voucher
    Treat yourself to the latest look at Topshop with this €20 voucher. 2400
    reward_120_dorothyperkins.gifDorothy Perkins` €20 voucher
    Enjoy spending a €20 voucher on Dorothy Perkin’s latest trends. 2400
    reward_120_wallis.gifWallis €20 voucher
    Take a walk on the chic side with a €20 voucher to spend at Wallis. 2400
    reward_120_burton.gifBurton €20 voucher
    Get the latest men’s fashion with this €20 voucher to spend at your local Burton. 2400
    logo_selfrige.jpgMiss Selfridge €20 voucher
    The number one destination for young, feminine, flirty fashion. 2400
    logo_awear.jpghttp://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/240/1395.aspx?pbq=2125%2c2125%2cVOVSP

some new fashion rewards for 2400 piggypoints

• Advertisement

YAY! €20 A Wear voucher aswell, missed the aul A Wear voucher, glad they brought it back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

JP Liz wrote:
    some new fashion rewards for 2400 piggypoints

Thanks for that.

Makes it a bit of a joke though when you look at those with the price of the phone credit. Admin costs cant be that high to charge 3000 points!

The Vodafone voucher is cheaper too now :)

If only I had someone to call :(

This is kind of related to Pigsback - Hughes & Hughes is back open in Dundrum. I was in there today and the upstairs part is closed, but they are open downstairs with new book titles and all. Other stores opening soon - Santry, St Stephens Green etc.

So the part that relates to Pigsback is the vouchers we all got as part of our piggy points - I went in with some of my cards, and they will take them back and get you to fill in a form and will reissue new vouchers to you. So all is not lost. And it is good to see that they are open again.

The notice on the website says the following -
    Hughes & Hughes

A New Chapter

Sivota Ltd have recently purchased some of the assets of the former Hughes & Hughes Ltd.

Trading will commence under the Hughes & Hughes banner over the coming weeks.

A new website will be launched in the coming months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Regular link doesn't work right for me at the moment, the text only does does though http://www.examiner.ie/text/business/kfcwausneyql/
    ONLINE marketing firm Pigsback.com has raised €1.25 million in fundraising with the company saying it is positive about the future and is trading profitably.
    The fundraising is made up of new funds and conversion of shareholder loans.
    Chief executive Michael Dwyer said: "This funding has been an important tidy up and enables us to keep moving forward with confidence. All of our business units are operating profitably and having endured two years of financial challenge we are now guardedly optimistic about our growth and profit prospects.
    "Thankfully our business model has endured very well and we’ll keep evolving to maximise our relevance for a very active user base."
    Dublin-based Pigsback, which offers discounts to consumers has more than 310,000 active users. It also has 12,000 followers on Facebook and Twitter.
    "We’ve been through the dotcom bubble and now this credit crunch. All in our first decade. Who said business was easy? I’m proud of our reaction and very confident in our ability to grow again profitably.
    "It’s been a veritable rollercoaster – for the most part very positive, but there have been some white knuckle moments too."
    Mr Dwyer said the company had a particularly tough year in 2008, when it downsized its operations in Britain and suspended its North America plans.
    "In 2009 we stabilised the ship and managed to show a marginal EBITDA (operating) profit which compared to an EBITDA loss of €1.7m in 2008. It was a critical turnaround," said Mr Dwyer.
    He added that Britain is showing "modest growth" and said in hindsight the company over-invested in Britain and its timing was unfortunate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement