Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

eimearcmh wrote: »
    Its really annoying, now the points have shifted from 10 down to 5. I logged on today and there was no 10 points to be collected at the coupon, movies and shop and earn section! When did this change?!?!

That is a recent thing but if you look, there are still 10 pointers I think but there are a lot more 5 pointers than there was 10 pointers so all in, you get more points I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

Shop n earn, motor, coupon and movies quizzes are all gone. Absolutely no point loggin on any more...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Quite true that, I ordered two books with my 2005 remaining points and doubt I will bother any more. I stopped using the pigsback card in favour of the Ryanair card. I have yet to be able to use any free flights of course...

Tesco clubcard seems to be the most useful these days, their deals are brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 anthonydublin

Found this on Pigsback..fairly decent for restaurants in dublin. Free starters and free glass of wine with a main course in brasserie sixty6 restaurant on georges street in dublin. SHare the wealth! :)
    http://local.pigsback.com/offer/brasserie-sixty6.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Deal Buster

takes forever to get enough points on pigsback and most of the offers are not that good anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Latest deal seems to be better, using the old youbuyit.com style, if 500 sign up you get €89 for Professional Laser Teeth Whitening worth €180 in all White Smile Clinics.

http://pigsback.com/pages/3/587/3235.aspx?pbq=5479%2C5479%2CVOVMB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Sinemo

Ugh for the last 3months I have been earning enough piggy points for the £30 Amazon voucher. I finally reach 5,000 points and what do you know, its out of stock...
    My last "reward" was unsuccessful too, as I had requested a CD then waited 6 weeks for them to tell me they didn't have any and refunded me the points...

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

How can an amazon voucher be out of stock- they just email you a code surely. It's not a physical voucher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Sinemo

How can an amazon voucher be out of stock- they just email you a code surely. It's not a physical voucher

If they have no more codes available then that would count as being out of stock ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭jc77

Whats the waiting time on a book delivery? Posted from within Ireland, or HK/far east?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

Hi all,

As I have a piggy credit card I get points (1 for every €2 spent) so it adds up after a couple of months. Normally I got O2 credit but now thats its 2700 points for €20 of credit I have start trying to get other things. I say trying as the last three thigs I ordered where at least 5 weeks in the psot. After sending emails & getting the would you like your points back reply.( If its not in stock don't let us order it !!) Whats the point of waiting a month to get point back only to wait another month to get something else.

I am very unhappy with service in the last 2 years. Piggsback get back to normal please. You are truning into a bad sausage !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

I got it in the post as soon as I posted about waiting. :)

Better late then never :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,201 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Arcadia Group vouchers (Topman, Topshop, Dorothy Perkins, Wallis, Miss Selfridge, Burton) are no longer available in our catalouge.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

Amazon vouchers no longer in catalogue :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

cat_dog wrote: »

Ah for feck's sake, that's exactly what I've been saving up my points for for ages! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

Crap:mad::mad: .. Was almost there with points .. wtf do I get now:mad:

Only wrote: »
    Crap:mad::mad: .. Was almost there with points .. wtf do I get now:mad:

I went for some of the books they have in rewards section. Postage times were approx 1 week, came from book depository in uk.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I cashed in some of mine for amazon vouchers a few months ago,it was a good reward:)
    The books work out expensive if you convert piggy points to euro the hughes and huges vouchers used to be great.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The books work out expensive if you convert piggy points to euro

Yup, very expensive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

amazon vouchers - gone
    topshop vouchers - gone

is there any point any more? overpriced phone credit?

its hard enough to accumulate points nowadays, and then when you do get some points together there isn't anything to spend them on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Ideo wrote: »
    amazon vouchers - gone
    topshop vouchers - gone

is there any point any more? overpriced phone credit?

its hard enough to accumulate points nowadays, and then when you do get some points together there isn't anything to spend them on!
    I wouldn't want to see you posting if there was a charge for the points :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

Meh restaurant vouchers are the only way to go, especially if you have student cards to get BOGOF with them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Spending them on the daily deals is useful too:)

Used them to pay for loads of christmas presents,nearly out of points now. Didn't think they would ever come in use for so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Deal Buster

cat_dog wrote: »

I see that www.whoseview.ie are offering £20 amazon vouchers now for 2300 points.

pity pigsback don't have an affiliation with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

Hey all! I'm considering joining Pigsback after Christmas. Is it worth the effort? Is it easy to get points?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭milkycoffey

Erra it's not bad. I log in on Monday. collect whatever points are available and don't really bother too much with it otherwise. Enter the competitions then. some have points.
    I'd still build up points slowly but surely.If you're not doing anything much otherwise you might as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Hey all! I'm considering joining Pigsback after Christmas. Is it worth the effort? Is it easy to get points?

Dont bother joining, it will break your heart trying to collect points! Their customer service has gone to ****e as well, and this whole thing about waiting for 6-8 weeks for points that don't transpire in the end is head wrecking... and then having to get on to them via email and they basically reply to you in a tone as though you smacked their kids in front of them!

I gained a good few points from items bought through Pixmania and ebay, but ive been pissed off since they got rid of the amazon vouchers as that was what i was saving up for! :mad:

I have been with them from the start and the early days were brilliant points wise, but now its vouchers for people who mainly live in Dublin, for restaurants nobody knows of - mainly in Dublin, and way overpriced phone credit... the equivalent of €27 for €20 of credit! :eek:

I cashed out once i had enough for a fashion voucher for my GF, and i have left the rest to charity and today, i closed my account! :)

NO MORE SCRAPING AROUND FOR ANNOYING ADS FOR 5 CENT POINTS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

For me, the points have become a pain in the neck, so I hardly bother.

The shopping vouchers do come in handy though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Why does this company get a sticky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

Just spotted that you can spend your points on Pigsback Mega Deals - shame I didn't know that when I purchased my last deal. Ah well!

Advertisement