Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭knick_knack

Can be a few weeks after ordering Last time i got some pigsbacks Credit was in Nov 2010. Ordered on the 9th but had to top up myself on the 18th as i hadn't got it. It came a week or so later! :) Still was 20euro free for a few clicks here and there

shame they couldnt email you the code or text it to you once the payment was confirmed. Maybe one day when Curly becomes taoiseach :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Anyone become a platinum member, just curious, i became one a couple of months ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

brightkane wrote: »
    Anyone become a platinum member, just curious, i became one a couple of months ago

Yes I became one :)

Pigsback are going downhill to me though! I can't seem to spend my points :mad:

I prefer my other cash back website as I actually get the money put into my bank account instead of points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Oops I meant I became a Gold VIP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

I became a platinum member, it hasn't changed my life so far! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Yes I became one :)

Pigsback are going downhill to me though! I can't seem to spend my points :mad:

I prefer my other cash back website as I actually get the money put into my bank account instead of points.

Care to mention what it is ??

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭Nollog

She means fatcheese, bethrifty and co.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I won some Awear vouchers \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

/\/ollog wrote: »
    She means fatcheese, bethrifty and co.

Takes ages to claw money back with them, but at least you're getting cash money, rather than unspendable points!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

MegaDeal today is a large Zumo smoothie for €2 (normally €4.25)
    Go through fatcheese.ie to get 10% off

Very low price to get someone to sign up first, as a referral, and get some piggypoints.

• Advertisement

I've spoken to quite a few people now who have been having trouble spending their points and it really is a shame :(

snubbleste wrote: »
    MegaDeal today is a large Zumo smoothie for €2 (normally €4.25)
    Go through fatcheese.ie to get 10% off

Very low price to get someone to sign up first, as a referral, and get some piggypoints.

that sounds pretty good actually, think I might grab about 10 or so and use them through the month :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Can you use your points to claim mega deals - (I mean if I have 3000 points and a mega deal is 30.00 is it a straight forward swap)?

It says you can pay for a megadeal with your piggypoints on the main page, but I've never tried it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

You can pay in piggypoints, I did it once (it's been too hard to build up enough piggypoints to do it again since!!)
    1. Go through Fatcheese to get 10% cashback
    2. Choose Piggypoints as your payment method
    3. Use the code MEGACHEESE10 (valid til 21 April) in the Discount Code box to get another 10% off.
    4. If the deal costs 3000 you should end up paying 2700 points for the deal AND get another €3 cashback :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I was bored and totted up my rewards since Jan 2007 , as its as far as it gos back.

€40 awear
    €210 Dantes
    €40 Burtons
    €20 Captain Americas
    €275 TGI
    €5 Paddy Power
    €65 phone credit
    €120 Boots Chemist
    Cinema tickets x 4
    €160 Cd wow

since Jan 2007 - €935 in total

I do have a pigsback CC which helps, lots!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

south wrote: »
    Any idea how long it takes for them to send phone credit after its ordered?

Still no sign of this (ordered 8th march

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

south wrote: »
    Still no sign of this (ordered 8th march
    Have you went into the "e-rewards" page?

The last couple of times I got phone credit I never got an email but the code was there on the page within 48 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

muffler wrote: »
    Have you went into the "e-rewards" page?

The last couple of times I got phone credit I never got an email but the code was there on the page within 48 hours.

I didn't even notice it was there to be honest. I think the last time I got credit was a few years ago and I think they emailed the code to me. It's there anyway. Thanks Muffler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,987 ✭✭✭✭Basq

A very popular thread at one stage.. but it's been very quiet as of late.

So I'm unsticking it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sure! Kick a thread when it's down :D

Well here's one for the poor unpopular PB thread! More a general tip though.

I used to print a few coupons at a time and not use half them. Some don't stay up on the site that long so I started copying and pasting any with long expiry dates into a word doc. Eg they'd a €1 HP sauce one valid for a year which was only on the site for a short while but it meant I got HP bottles for 29c for ages :) Same with, say, €1.50 Persil ones, wait til they're on offer and print then as they might be gone from the site when you'd want them. It says not to be used with any offer but I leave it up to the supermarket to reject or not as they see fit!

Sheesh, that got longwinded, sorry!! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

If copying and pasting the IDs on the coupons would be duplicated. Anyone know the implication of this? Is there any?

Its a pain in the arse having to go through the pigsback UI to print 10 of one voucher which is regularly the case for me. For example theres one for SuperMilk lately.

Sometime they're limited edition coupons so you can only print one (though I don't remember seeing those in a while?)

But with most of them there's no restriction on printing them directly from the site. And you're printing the exact same thing from Word so no, I don't think this would be a problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Sometime they're limited edition coupons so you can only print one (though I don't remember seeing those in a while?)

But with most of them there's no restriction on printing them directly from the site. And you're printing the exact same thing from Word so no, I don't think this would be a problem!

There are numbers on the coupon which differ if two are printed using the website. The barcode is the same so they should work in the supermarket without issue. I think I'll start doing the copy & paste thing until they update the UI to allow a quantity to be added per coupon. Fight the Power!

Buy any 3 different Mega Deals (must all be different) at any time during the month, we'll return the value of the cheapest Mega Deal back to you in PiggyPoints!
    None of them can be bought with piggypoints though.
    http://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/48/3527.aspx?pbq=6207%2c6207%2cVOVSP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

they currently have 600 points for topping up your mobile via AIB Online Banking.

http://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/626/3456.aspx?pbq=5910%2c5910%2cVOVSP

doesnt speicify minimum top-up, so you can buy a tenner top up (lowest on aib site) and get 600 points free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

they currently have 600 points for topping up your mobile via AIB Online Banking.

http://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/626/3456.aspx?pbq=5910%2c5910%2cVOVSP

doesnt speicify minimum top-up, so you can buy a tenner top up (lowest on aib site) and get 600 points free

Great deal! Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

€1 or 100 piggy points instead of €4 for any new release movie rental at any Xtra-vision store!
    http://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/587/3235.aspx?pbq=6272,6272,VOVMD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Is it just me or are there very limited rewards available now?

Advertisement