Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Ideo wrote: »
    Is it just me or are there very limited rewards available now?
    I was going to get phone credit yesterday but nothing. Looks like a place on the way out as they only have about 10 - 15% of the rewards compared to what they had a few months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

yeah i went to cash in 6k of them today and it was very lmited,

stuck to dantes and tgi vouchers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Yeah same here. Was going to get phone credit but nothing! and then went to get maovouchers but they're sold out!! Shame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭ei9go

Site is going down the tubes. Use up your piggpoints quick.

I sent them an email asking if they intended getting phone credit again and this was the reply
    Hi muffler,

Thank you for your email.

In general we list items in our rewards catalogue from companies who work with us and support us by running campaigns and offers on the site. This means that items in our rewards catalogue can come and go as companies campaigns start and end. If a company is no longer advertising on Pigsback.com then we generally cannot negotiate a sufficient discount from that company in order to maintain their vouchers or items in our rewards catalogue. The sad reality of life is that we too have bills to pay so unless a company is supporting us we cannot continue to list their items free of charge as that would not be sensible for you or us.

In some cases there are companies, although not running advertising campaigns, who provide us with sufficient discount to allow us to continue to carry their vouchers and items in our rewards catalogue. To those companies we say thanks on your behalf as they know just how valuable you, the Pigsback members, are and are very happy to provide you with their vouchers.

In addition you can now spend your PiggyPoints on all of our Mega Deals which gives you at least double the value of your PiggyPoints and a lot more in most cases. We add new deals everyday so the range of items that you can exchange your PiggyPoints for is significantly more than ever before and we will continue to grow this everyday.

Since we started to offer this option to our members we have seen huge growth in PiggyPoints being used for these Mega Deals. Right now almost 70% of all PiggyPoints exchanged in the past 2 months have been for Mega Deals instead of the traditional vouchers which simply proves how popular these deals are.

We will continue to add and remove items to the catalogue as companies come and go on Pigsback.com. We know that in some cases you will be more disappointed than others when items are removed, but so will we as we never want to disappoint you our members.

Thank you for your continued membership of Pigsback.com and we really appreciate the time you spend on the site.

If you have any further queries please let me know.

Kind Regards,

I'd say they're pretty much f***ed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

muffler wrote: »
    I sent them an email asking if they intended getting phone credit again and this was the reply

yeah, fatcheese have taken most of their business (who wants piggypoints when you can get cashmoney), and without the "mega " deals they'd have been gone already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

In some cases there are companies, although not running advertising campaigns, who provide us with sufficient discount to allow us to continue to carry their vouchers

They must be Crap at negotiating discounts, did they not charge €10 extra on admin charges when getting credit?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Pigsback have an offer of 2,000 points if you open an AIB online deposit notice account. It's pretty simple to do if you are an AIB customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

snubbleste wrote: »
    Pigsback have an offer of 2,000 points if you open an AIB online deposit notice account. It's pretty simple to do if you are an AIB customer.

Yeah, but what can you spend the points on. I can't even get a squidgy piggy at this stage :(

Also, the books on offer aren't really targeted at a male audience. Some of them are fine, but I'd imagine they could easily cater to a wider audience.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I only use PB for grocery coupons now

• Advertisement

Cash your points in ASAP. I think they are going down the tube as they have little left in the line of rewards. Was looking earlier in the week and was thinking of getting a couple of cinema vouchers but I see they are all gone now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

Cash your points in ASAP. I think they are going down the tube as they have little left in the line of rewards. Was looking earlier in the week and was thinking of getting a couple of cinema vouchers but I see they are all gone now.

Jesus, you're not joking!! Only Books and charity left now - and mega deals ... was giving it one last go for an AWear voucher but theres absolutely nothing I want there now ... don't think I'll be frequenting it much from now - may as well give my points to charity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Damn, kept meaning to get cinema vouchers & never got round to it. Me & my o/h have about 7000 points between us. Better use them on restaurant vouchers or megadeals asap so!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

can you post the email address for customer service their website does everything possible to avoid giving it

just found out a company i bought 2 of their piggy deals from has just gone into liquidation

http://www.insolvencyjournal.ie/notices/11-06-30/Alan_Carroll_Sales_Services_Limited.aspx

has anybody else who bought the ac motors service mega deal?

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Better use them on restaurant vouchers or megadeals asap so!
    One of the advantages of living in Dublin. :)

Feck all good to anyone in Donegal though :mad:

beolight wrote: »
    can you post the email address for customer service their website does everything possible to avoid giving it
    Tbh I cant recall if I emailed them or filled in a web form but their email reply came from membersupport@pigsback.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,196 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

slave1 wrote: »
    I only use PB for grocery coupons now

Anyone else having problems with these as Dunnes are not accepting them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I used PB in Charlestown last Friday no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,095 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Only wrote: »
    Jesus, you're not joking!! Only Books and charity left now - and mega deals ... was giving it one last go for an AWear voucher but theres absolutely nothing I want there now ... don't think I'll be frequenting it much from now - may as well give my points to charity

Last week there were 24 poxy books, and now there are 23 poxy books.

...as for Mega-Deals they're all mega-useless as far as my family's concerned.

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago, letting them know that since they dumped the phone credit, there's nothing of interest. They told me that the mega-deals are very popular, and I told them that people are cashing their points in for any old crap, and won't bother returning to the site after the points have been used up.

They didn't come back to again after that, but they must know the writing's on the wall.

Pigsback must be well on its way to the bacon factory now.

I heard an ad for them on Today fm advertising their megadeals. This would be odd if they are winding down.

Anyway the only reason I still bother with the is because the credit card points. As soon as I find another credit card that gives points I'll switch. Unfortunately Ulster Bank stopped doing theirs :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

dayshah wrote: »
    I heard an ad for them on Today fm advertising their megadeals. This would be odd if they are winding down.

Anyway the only reason I still bother with the is because the credit card points. As soon as I find another credit card that gives points I'll switch. Unfortunately Ulster Bank stopped doing theirs :(

Tesco Credit Card does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Slightly OT but ulster bank stopped doing the reward points? Since when??

Ideo wrote: »
    Slightly OT but ulster bank stopped doing the reward points? Since when??

Start of this month I think. They still do it, but its just not open to new people :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 My Back Pages

beolight wrote: »

just found out a company i bought 2 of their piggy deals from has just gone into liquidation

http://www.insolvencyjournal.ie/notices/11-06-30/Alan_Carroll_Sales_Services_Limited.aspx

has anybody else who bought the ac motors service mega deal?

Yeah i bought one of those AC Motors deals, tried ringing all last week no answer, didn't know what was going on.

Well that's 60 quid down the drain! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

Yeah i bought one of those AC Motors deals, tried ringing all last week no answer, didn't know what was going on.

Did you pay by credit card? I think you may have a chance to get your money back. I don't know enough about it but it'd be worth looking into. I was listening to Q102 last week and someone was on about purchasing one of those 'Big Day Out' type vouchers but it seems the company has gone out of business and the Consumer expert said they should go through the credit card company to get their money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

send email to customer services at pigsback requesting full refund

they refunded me straight away

use the email posted above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

bubblegum.ie report that Dunnes want to hear from anyone who has issues redeeming PB Coupons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Cinema vouchers are back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭ei9go

Good news but what about the call credit?

There is nothing left to use the points on.

See this post if it's any help.

• Advertisement

I'm not certain, but they seem to have some new books.

Also the price has increased from 1,000 to 1,400 piggy points for the cheapest book.

Advertisement