Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

dayshah wrote: »
    Also the price has increased from 1,000 to 1,400 piggy points for the cheapest book.
    I just noticed that! I've been saving up for ages to get a book for 1000 points and I'm only like 10 points away :( So annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kattierney

This is the first time i got a pigsback mega deal. http://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/48/3379.aspx

The order confirmation suggested this would be ready on wednesday at 3am, then it seemed it was due 24hrs after the deal closed, so 3am this morning, but still nothing from pigsback. Any other deal sites have always been pretty quick about next day delivery. I got this deal to make a present for an anniversary party, but am now running out of time to get it printed. Is this delay normal for pigsback?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Might be in this thread already but get nearly 20% off the pigsback deals using fatcheese.com and the megacheese10 voucher code detailed in the pigsback referral page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

sweetie wrote: »
    Might be in this thread already but get nearly 20% off the pigsback deals using fatcheese.com and the megacheese10 voucher code detailed in the pigsback referral page.

Looks good.... may i ask... if you use your piggy points then does this still apply....or how does it apply?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Can you use more than one of the €10 Mao vouchers at a time or is it limited to one voucher per visit?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Can you use more than one of the €10 Mao vouchers at a time or is it limited to one voucher per visit?

Thanks.

used 2 together at the weekend without any trouble ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I got a pigsback "pig" with a voucher attached, it says " Get an extra 5% off any mega deal with this discount code: "YOUAREGOLD"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Book prices seem to have come down from 1,400 to 1,100 and there seems to be some new titles too. (Not much for my macho tastes though.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

kattierney wrote: »
    This is the first time i got a pigsback mega deal. http://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/48/3379.aspx

The order confirmation suggested this would be ready on wednesday at 3am, then it seemed it was due 24hrs after the deal closed, so 3am this morning, but still nothing from pigsback. Any other deal sites have always been pretty quick about next day delivery. I got this deal to make a present for an anniversary party, but am now running out of time to get it printed. Is this delay normal for pigsback?

I bought a family pass from City Deals for the butterfly farm in Straffan but to date have not received an email with the voucher. Anyone else had this this problem and any suggestions how I get the voucher? Any help gratefully accepted cos I'm now getting p****d off with it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

et101 wrote: »
    I bought a family pass from City Deals for the butterfly farm in Straffan but to date have not received an email with the voucher. Anyone else had this this problem and any suggestions how I get the voucher? Any help gratefully accepted cos I'm now getting p****d off with it :mad:

Are you sure it was a City Deal?

I bought mine from Living Social. The voucher was emailed out but it also said you can get it by clicking on My Vouchers when logged into their website.

The kids loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I ordered a couple of cinema tickets from them about a month ago and finally got this last Friday
    Hi muffler

We have been waiting on a delivery from our supplier so we can dispatch your Independent Cinema reward(s). Unfortunately, we have been advised of a further delay so we've decided to give your points back so you can spend them on other rewards or on any mega deal. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

Curly and the team
    Well and truly fu**ed I tell ya

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

All these megadeal/citydeal/livigsocial/grabone sites will have limited shelf life. If I have 20euro worth of product/service to flog I'd get about a fiver through these sites. They value the advertising angle highly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Spider Devine

@thegalwayman I think you don't understand what these deals are about!

Its about footfall/heads on beds/bums on seats etc it's NOT about marketing

this is a way to get Ireland moving because restaurants, hotels & salons are empty

traditional advertising will tell people you exist - you and everyone else who has a website/newspaper ad etc.

Pigsback Mega Deals etc. will get people in your door & THAT is where you market yourself by treating them like royalty

Can you dig?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ciaran_

sweetie wrote: »

Not working for me at the moment,must be expired, anyone know any discount codes that are working at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

ciaran_ wrote: »
    Not working for me at the moment,must be expired, anyone know any discount codes that are working at the moment?

Yeah it's expired. YOUAREGOLD for 5% discount is still working.

I had loads of points lying around so I decided to buy about 20 of theose Jump Juice/Smoothies for 190(200) points each. After I bought them I went on their website to see where the nearest one to me was(could've sworn I've seen one near the fountain in blanch), and apparently the only ones in Dublin are up at the airport. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,196 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭Coupon King

Aldito wrote: »
    Yeah it's expired. YOUAREGOLD for 5% discount is still working.

I had loads of points lying around so I decided to buy about 20 of theose Jump Juice/Smoothies for 190(200) points each. After I bought them I went on their website to see where the nearest one to me was(could've sworn I've seen one near the fountain in blanch), and apparently the only ones in Dublin are up at the airport. :mad:

Hey you are right there was one by the fountain in Blanch for ages, but I think its called Maple Moose now.

I bought 4 of these from pigsback just to use up the last of my points as I wanted to use them in Jump Juice Bar Gorey, which is only down the road.

Went in last week and there was no sign of a Jump Juice bar anywhere only a Maple Moose that sold smoothies and juices.

Very strange behavior altogether. I'm gonna send an email now to pigsback asking for a refund as i'm not driving to Cork or Dublin Airport just to grab a smoothie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

Hey you are right there was one by the fountain in Blanch for ages, but I think its called Maple Moose now.

I bought 4 of these from pigsback just to use up the last of my points as I wanted to use them in Jump Juice Bar Gorey, which is only down the road.

Went in last week and there was no sign of a Jump Juice bar anywhere only a Maple Moose that sold smoothies and juices.

Very strange behavior altogether. I'm gonna send an email now to pigsback asking for a refund as i'm not driving to Cork or Dublin Airport just to grab a smoothie.

How did your refund email go?!

I'm a bit pi**ed off with the maple moose lark too!

Hey,

Yeah I sent on an email to pigsback and just got the generic email stating that I can apply for a refund through the "Megadeal's" tab and request a refund on each voucher.

The refund will be applied 30 days after the "Megadeal offer" expires.

So it will be around October before I receive it.

I will never apply for a "Megadeal's" offer again on Pigsback, the selection at the moment is pretty crap!.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭jc77

If you wish to cancel a purchase and you are within the 7-day cooling off period (7 days from the date the deal closes on the Pigsback.com website)

or

If you wish to cancel after this date, you are still entitled to a 70% refund in PiggyPoints. Your PiggyPoints will be refunded to your account 30 days after your voucher has expired.

From here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Mrs_Hen

suntottie wrote: »
    How did your refund email go?!

I'm a bit pi**ed off with the maple moose lark too!

The Jump Juice/Smoothies Gorey had been closed down long prior to the Pigsback deal, I rang my friend all excited about the deal at the time and she said they had left the Shopping months back.
    Jump Juice/Smoothies should have updated the list of stores on their own website prior to the deal.

A lot of the daily / Mega deals are just fallen apart at the seems.
    Mrs Hen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Has anyone else gotten the same crossword the past few days?

Also has anyone ever won any of the 1000 piggypoints comps??

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mrs_Hen

I won a daily quiz once for 1000 points,

Irishchick wrote: »
    Has anyone else gotten the same crossword the past few days?

Also has anyone ever won any of the 1000 piggypoints comps??

No, Iv'e never won anything on Pigsback.. :(

Mrs_Hen wrote: »
    The Jump Juice/Smoothies Gorey had been closed down long prior to the Pigsback deal, I rang my friend all excited about the deal at the time and she said they had left the Shopping months back.
    Jump Juice/Smoothies should have updated the list of stores on their own website prior to the deal.

A lot of the daily / Mega deals are just fallen apart at the seems.
    Mrs Hen

Yeah it was very bad form to announce the deal and say that they are nationwide when in fact they are not! I was a bit po'd to be honest.

I have to wait now for the vouchers to expire to get my points back.

I was really skeptical about the whole Mega deals/ Groupon phenomenon, I'll never sign up for another one again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

I think we should be singing this to pigsback as they seem to be on the way out me thinks...

All together now....

#And now, the end is near,
    And so you face the final curtain.
    My friends, I'll say it clear;
    I'll state your case of which I'm certain.

ye have lived a life that's full -
    you have sold each and every hotel.
    And more, much more than this,
    ye sold megadeals your way.#

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I ordered a book (for 1,100) piggypoints. They come from the book depository, and it actually cost about €5.50. A fairly big mark-up for pigsback.

I wouldn't mind that so much, but how about some books for men? OK, I might be a bit sexist, but most of the books seem fairly girly to me. Books on dieting and romantic novels. Men are more likely to read factual books. All I see of interest is superfreakeconomics, and maybe a cookery book, but that's 3,000 points :( Pigsback could go bust by the time I save up that many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

got 2,000 points today from opening an AIB savings account last month.
    question is what to spend the on? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,196 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

€8 off a mega deal FX1YGFGR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

Anyone else receive points recently and have their rewards order subsequently cancelled? I emailed them for information on the status of the reward, they informed me that it was an error to have credited the points so they cancelled the order, but did not communicate this either on site that there had been an issue or to my account. Emailed them back for clarification but It wasnt responded to. :-(

Advertisement