Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    €8 off a mega deal FX1YGFGR

Are these codes not account specific?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

10% off mega deal discount code - Muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

hollee wrote: »
    Anyone else receive points recently and have their rewards order subsequently cancelled? I emailed them for information on the status of the reward, they informed me that it was an error to have credited the points so they cancelled the order, but did not communicate this either on site that there had been an issue or to my account. Emailed them back for clarification but It wasnt responded to. :-(

No, but I did order cinema tickets from both my account & my partners in July, neither of which turned up. Got onto them & they said they were posted, so can't understand how neither order turned up. In fairness to them, they refunded both accounts within a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Oral Slang wrote: »
    No, but I did order cinema tickets from both my account & my partners in July, neither of which turned up. Got onto them & they said they were posted, so can't understand how neither order turned up. In fairness to them, they refunded both accounts within a few hours.
    I emailed them and asked if they had the cinema and phone vouchers in stock. They replied and said that they had stock of the cinema vouchers but wouldnt have the phone top up vouchers again.

Went the following day to get the cinema vouchers but they were out of stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

There's a megadeal today for a fiver that you'd get for 450 points by going through fatcheese.

€5 instead of €19.99 for Xtra-vision Direct movies by post Gold package!

Includes:
    Unlimited Movies
    DVD and Blu-ray
    3 movie(s) at a time
    2 weeks free
    Normal price is €19 99 Monthly but with the MegaDeal it is only €5!

It says there's a month of unlimited movies AND 2 weeks free so 6 weeks in total. It might be good for anyone looking to cash in points to get rid of them :D It's an ongoing service though so just be sure to cancel the subscription before they charge for the second month!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

I can't claim my Piggypoints :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭georgem25

You may have noticed that your PiggyPoint balance has been converted to Mega Deal Credits.
    They have the same monetary value but just a new name and can be spent only on Mega Deals.
    For example, if your balance was 3,000 PiggyPoints you could have exchanged this for a �10 reward. Now you have 1000 credits instead worth �10 in Mega Deals. You can use your 1000 credits to purchase a Mega Deal to the value of �10 and very soon you will also be able to make a part-payment for any Mega Deal using your credits, in this example getting a �10 discount for the 1000 credits. So the conversion rate used is 3 PiggyPoints = 1 Mega Deal credit.
    This will be more valuable to you as the Mega Deals already have between 50%-90% discount on the RRP and by using your credits you will be saving even more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Is anyone else having trouble with pigsback. When I click on the 5 piggypoint offers the 5 points isnt being added to my account.

I joined the concern fast- no points

I cant enter competetitions because it keeps asking me to log in (which I have already done)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Irishchick wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble with pigsback. When I click on the 5 piggypoint offers the 5 points isnt being added to my account.

I joined the concern fast- no points

I cant enter competetitions because it keeps asking me to log in (which I have already done)

Working ok for me, make sure cookies are enable, clear cache and cookies or try another browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

Anyone know how long they take to give you the AWear vouchers?? Wsa saving for ages to use up my points and get one - was hoping to use it with their sale (20% off) but they haven't sent me the code .... thought it would be pretty much automatic as its an online voucher code:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Only wrote: »
    Anyone know how long they take to give you the AWear vouchers?? Wsa saving for ages to use up my points and get one - was hoping to use it with their sale (20% off) but they haven't sent me the code .... thought it would be pretty much automatic as its an online voucher code:mad:
    Have you checked the rewards part of your account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Only wrote: »

Got one there last week, got an email through after 2 days and the voucher code was in the reward section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

muffler wrote: »
    Have you checked the rewards part of your account?

Yep, checked rewards section and nothing there - been a couple days now and think I've missed the 20% off:(

eliza64 wrote: »
    10% off mega deal discount code - Muck

Still Working! Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭ei9go

This pigsback site has become a joke compared to the way it used to be.

Used to 10 points to look at an offer.

Had real rewards from Boots, O2, Vodafone, Meteor and many more.

The points you get are now completely worthless due to the absence of any real "rewards".

I have changed the Pigsback MBNA Card to a Tesco Credit Card where you can at least get something worthwhile from the points.

It's time to wrap it , Pigsback RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

ei9go wrote: »
    This pigsback site has become a joke compared to the way it used to be.

Used to 10 points to look at an offer.

Had real rewards from Boots, O2, Vodafone, Meteor and many more.

The points you get are now completely worthless due to the absence of any real "rewards".

I have changed the Pigsback MBNA Card to a Tesco Credit Card where you can at least get something worthwhile from the points.

It's time to wrap it , Pigsback RIP.

Have to agree, over priced books and pigsback merchandise is all thats left. It seems to be almost entirely orientated towards the deals now.

They still have good competitions and you can use piggypoints towards the mega deals. I know some of them arent the best but I bought the bean bag for 44.49 (with 10% discount code). I had wanted one for ages and the same one in a shop near me was 150 euro.

Its not as great as it used to be but its not all bad either!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

I was looking at the bean bag aswell, but when i googled "bigboy Beanbags" to find out what they were retailing at i found this

http://www.bigboybeanbag.com/
    Welcome
    BUYERS BEWARE!
    We have learned that there is a very cheap imitation of our product being widely marketed.

This is NOT our product and has none of our exclusive features.

Our BeanBags are manufactured to the highest specifications, and are ONLY AVAILABLE through this website, a very few selected resellers, or from our exhibition stands, which we list here on this website.

Our Beanbags are NOT AVAILABLE through any newspaper or group purchase offers, or through any other websites.

Please do not be fooled, if you are in any doubt, then please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Our Legal department has the matter in hand.

It appears to me that the company selling through pigsback are not official stockists of these beanbags so I was wary and decided not to purchase.

fitzcoff wrote: »
    I was looking at the bean bag aswell, but when i googled "bigboy Beanbags" to find out what they were retailing at i found this

It appears to me that the company selling through pigsback are not official stockists of these beanbags so I was wary and decided not to purchase.

I wonder are you mixing up bigboys- with fatboys
    Maybe your not just thought i'd ask-sorry no offence meant if your not

ONLY AVAILABLE through this website, a very few selected resellers, or from our exhibition stands,

Pigsback is probably one of them.

Edit: pigsback are offering through Infurn, who are a selected seller for Big Boy bean bags.

• Advertisement

fitzcoff wrote: »

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    I wonder are you mixing up bigboys- with fatboys
    Maybe your not just thought i'd ask-sorry no offence meant if your not

No offence taken, I think I was thinking of the fatboys originally,
    Pigsback is probably one of them.

It was the section in my op that bothered me about the pigsback offer where they state that they do not sell through group schemes

Our Beanbags are NOT AVAILABLE through any newspaper or group purchase offers, or through any other websites.

Maybe I'm just a doubting person ;)

Your instincts were right. I got an email back from Big Boy. They are fake. Groupon have been trying to flog them aswell.

Still wondering if they are good fakes though haha :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Buttynic

FROM PIGSBACK IN RELATION TO BEAN BAG OFFET !!!!!!!!!

Hi Trevor,

Thank you very much for your email.

This a different site to the one our bean bags come from. I understand the confusion this could cause but as far as I am aware this site does not have any basis to these claims. They are different bean bags and not imitations.

You can see the site where our bean bags will be sold here
    https://www.infurn.com/ie/pigsback

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to email me. Thank You for choosing Pigsback.com.

Kind Regards,

Buttynic wrote: »
    FROM PIGSBACK IN RELATION TO BEAN BAG OFFET !!!!!!!!!

Hi Trevor,

Thank you very much for your email.

This a different site to the one our bean bags come from. I understand the confusion this could cause but as far as I am aware this site does not have any basis to these claims. They are different bean bags and not imitations.

You can see the site where our bean bags will be sold here
    https://www.infurn.com/ie/pigsback

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to email me. Thank You for choosing Pigsback.com.

Kind Regards,

It would be interesting to see how good they are, the brand name on the pigsback offer is the same as the website bigboy, so I wonder how they are justifying the same brand name.

I did some research on Infurn. They run a terrible service or so it seems. All the reviews I found were bad.

They do not have these beanbags in stock. they make them to order. When an item is made to order it can take up to 18 weeks to deliver. Pigsback sold over 1000. Groupon and other sites in the uk were selling too. That means they will more than likely have to make 1000's of them.

If you look at reviews you'll see that people's orders were pushed back time and time again. Some people waited 6 months for their item, others 12 and some never got anything at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Feeling pleased now that I didn't order one of the Infurn bean bags. On the other hand, does anyone know anything about the Gordon Ramsay food processor that they have as a Mega Deal now?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

Hi guys,

Just bumping this thread, wondering if anyone else made the mistake of buying one of these? If you did what are you doing about it, 50 quyid for a giant beanbag is a steal, know there not the original ones but wondering if anyone has ordered and received their and if so whats the quality like?

I bought two and wondering if I should order them or try to get my money back from groupon!

cbyrne11 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just bumping this thread, wondering if anyone else made the mistake of buying one of these? If you did what are you doing about it, 50 quyid for a giant beanbag is a steal, know there not the original ones but wondering if anyone has ordered and received their and if so whats the quality like?

I bought two and wondering if I should order them or try to get my money back from groupon!

Infirm don't keep stock they make everything to order . Thousands have been ordered so anyone who bought one will be lucky to get it by January so we won't know anything about quality until then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

sounds like it could be CGD all over again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

Infirm don't keep stock they make everything to order . Thousands have been ordered so anyone who bought one will be lucky to get it by January so we won't know anything about quality until then

Dammit don't know what to do now, bought one for myself and for my brother, thought that maybe someone who bought it on one of the earlier deals might have got theirs by now, think they been sold on groupon for a month or so now.

i take you ordered one as well then, does the website give an estimated delivery?

Advertisement