Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

cbyrne11 wrote: »
    Dammit don't know what to do now, bought one for myself and for my brother, thought that maybe someone who bought it on one of the earlier deals might have got theirs by now, think they been sold on groupon for a month or so now.

i take you ordered one as well then, does the website give an estimated delivery?

I ordered...and then after I did research promptly asked pigsback for my money back.

On the Infurn website it says estimated delivery time is 18 weeks.

I have read reviews though where people have waited 6-12 months for there orders as Infurn kept pushing the date on.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

Yeah I've read them as well, but it says on the groupon that delivery is 4-6 weeks, which I could cope with, but given the amount of these that they're selling (thousands) surely it couldn't be a rip off?

cbyrne11 wrote: »
    Yeah I've read them as well, but it says on the groupon that delivery is 4-6 weeks, which I could cope with, but given the amount of these that they're selling (thousands) surely it couldn't be a rip off?
    It depends on what sort of quality they are, which wont be known until someone recieves one.

These are made from scratch to order so the delivery time is 18 weeks. I think pigsback and groupon put 4-6 weeks so people would buy them as xmas gifts and such. Its in the hands of Infurn now so more than likley pigsback and groupon will say its nothing to do with them now.

In my opinion and based on th reviews of other people who have used the site.There is no way those orders will be ready in that amount of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

When I log on to the Infurn site it gives an estimated delivery of calendar week 49 which would be around Dec 5th to 9th.

antomack wrote: »
    When I log on to the Infurn site it gives an estimated delivery of calendar week 49 which would be around Dec 5th to 9th.

Let us know if you get it but I have a feeling that date will change !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

Infurn seem to have sold in the region of 20,000 beanbags between Ireland and England,which is some feat to deliver in the next 4-6 weeks. You could all just club together and order your beanbags directly from Infurn's possible supplier:

Company Name: New Ideal Furniture Co., Ltd.
    Street Address: Room 405, Qingtian Building, No.206-1, Xingang Xi Road, Guangzhou City, China.
    City: Guangzhou
    Province/State: Guangdong
    Country/Region: China (Mainland)
    Zip: 510300
    Telephone: 86-20-34052389,88342266
    Fax: 86-20-34052580

:)

Here's the link to New Ideal Furniture on Alibaba.com, which is one of the international gateways to ordering from China

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/51806483/Best_selling_bean_bag.html

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

I took the risk and ordered 2 of these BeanBags through Pigsback.

Today I rang Infurn to check the delivery dates Telephone +44 2031371108
    of course the nice man on the phone was very confident that they'd meet the delivery dates.
    But I wonder is it week 49 2011 or week 49 2012!
    He told me they sold thousands in 1 day on Groupon.

It'll either work out or it'll be a spectacular fail! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

rok wrote: »
    I took the risk and ordered 2 of these BeanBags through Pigsback.

Today I rang Infurn to check the delivery dates Telephone +44 2031371108
    of course the nice man on the phone was very confident that they'd meet the delivery dates.
    But I wonder is it week 49 2011 or week 49 2012!
    He told me they sold thousands in 1 day on Groupon.

It'll either work out or it'll be a spectacular fail! :D

Apparently they sold about 20 thousand on Groupon for Ireland and UK, if they get them out in time would be great, feel really bad for the guy who owns bigboybeanbags.com though he's got really screwed over in all of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

CombatCow wrote: »
    I got a pigsback "pig" with a voucher attached, it says " Get an extra 5% off any mega deal with this discount code: "YOUAREGOLD"

Donest seem to work for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Donest seem to work for me :(

try 'MUCK'
    that work for me the other day 10% off. not sure about caps or not.

• Advertisement

jmch81 wrote: »
    try 'MUCK'
    that work for me the other day 10% off. not sure about caps or not.

that works! thanks so much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

MUCK no longer working!

New discount code: Megacheese10

• Registered Users Posts: 23 millie81

I order my beanbag from Infurn through Pigsback on the 27th October. Still waiting for delivery! Rang Infurn and got no response. Mailed pigsback to get a refund and got this:
    A lot of you took up the bean bag offer from Infurn. Indeed, a lot of our own staff took up the offer.

Below is the most recent update to one of our staff. Clearly Infurn have been inundated with demand, not just from Pigsback.com members, but from other sources. Any delivery indications from Infurn are uncertain because of this. We note in particular the following line:

"Our whole INFURN team in every department is doing everything in their power to deliver the Beanbag to you with/ around Christmas Time."

As soon as we hear any more, we will let you know.

Kind Regards,

Curly and the team
    Not good enough in my opinion-Infurn obviously put this deal on a number of websites without any thought on whether they could fulfil orders. They could have put a cap on how many units each site could sell but they didnt-they are obviously only in it for the money and couldnt give a damm about customer service. Pigsback should be agreeing to refund with no issues but now it looks like im going to have a fight on my hands which leaves a very bad taste in my mouth as I have bought a number of mega deals from Pigsback in the last while-I wont be doing that again in a hurry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

All the books in the Rewards section are out of stock. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 oscar007

Ditto to your situation, bigboy ordered 28th Oct. Postage and packaging and E49 taken from my bank a/c and to date no beanbag and no refund. Got exactly the same reply to my email to PIGSBACK.COM and NO reply whatsoever from INFURN.COM. There is no one answering phones at INFURN and their mailbox is full!! Not a good sign methinks! Which company is responsible, the one that advertised and recommended the elusive product or the company who does not deliver or have the decency to reply to my query. To add insult to injury INFURN.COM has had,in the past few days, the gall to send me a voucher as a 'thank you' for my purchase!!!!!!!!:confused:

I miss the phone credit in the rewards section! At least there was no messing around when they had that!

I am sick to death of pigsback, i bought a megadeal voucher for 40 euro and when i tried to spend it it was unactivated, it took 11 e mails to get it sorted and the deal i wanted was gone. pigsback put a note on facebook that they would get me the deal and not to worry but then they blocked me from commenting on their wall and did not give me the deal like they promiced. i now have a voucher i cannot use on any deal as i live in limerick and there are no deals down here, I am disgusted at the way I have been treated.
    One of my friends commented on my post and they have now blocked her from commenting too, it seems unless you say good things you will be blocked. Its a complete waste of time collecting points and not being able to get a reply from customer services when you have a query. Yes I agree the deals are no good any more, why bother. what do you think guys.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

That is disgraceful carry on for a company that is supposed to be all about the customer. They are only really good for the printable grocery vouchers any more I think.

Waiting for a good deal to spend my remaining points, then I'll hardly bother with collecting them any more.

There are 5 of us in the office here and we are all the same, We want to spend the points and out. I stil didnt get a reply to day.
    They are all nicey nicey on fb promicing they will sort you out and then nothing....I am done with them as soon as an offer comes that is outside of Dublin and I spend my points. bye bye curly....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭ei9go

There is nothing left to get for the points

The best thing to do is get rid of your Pigsback credit card and apply for a Tesco one.

• Advertisement

ei9go wrote: »
    There is nothing left to get for the points

The best thing to do is get rid of your Pigsback credit card and apply for a Tesco one.

I was thinking of getting the tesco credit card myself but the thing is there is no internet banking available for tesco ireland so you cant check up on your spends until you see your monthly statement. Not up to much that way....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

I def recommend the Tesco CC ... got it to replace my Halifax one and its brilliant for points. Instead of using my laser I use the Credit Card and am averaging about €40-50 per mailing from Tescos. I do agree though that it would be better being able to check spends but even when I was with Halifax or before that, AIB I couldn't check either - I could just pay online, which I can still do with Tesco

Only wrote: »
    I def recommend the Tesco CC ... got it to replace my Halifax one and its brilliant for points. Instead of using my laser I use the Credit Card and am averaging about €40-50 per mailing from Tescos. I do agree though that it would be better being able to check spends but even when I was with Halifax or before that, AIB I couldn't check either - I could just pay online, which I can still do with Tesco

Can I ask how much you are roughly spending a month to get 40-50 per mailing from tesco?

I'd say its in the region of €2000ish BUT I put my heating Oil, car insurance etc etc on it now instead of paying by laser (there always seems to be some 'big' bill!) ... also use it for Tesco Diesel and all my Tesco shops as you get more points that way. I used to use my Laser all the time now I use the CC instead to build up points. I am careful though - make sure to pay off the whole bill each month otherwise it defeats the purpose.

I'd say its in the region of €2000ish BUT I put my heating Oil, car insurance etc etc on it now instead of paying by laser (there always seems to be some 'big' bill!) ... also use it for Tesco Diesel and all my Tesco shops as you get more points that way. I used to use my Laser all the time now I use the CC instead to build up points. I am careful though - make sure to pay off the whole bill each month otherwise it defeats the purpose.

Sounds good, and thanks for the info, I think i might give it a try :D

One word of warning - its a pain in the proverbial getting apprived for it by Tesco ... they seem to look for an enormous amount if info and then they will give you a low credit limit but I think its worth persevering and going through with it. After you get approved you can request a higher limit - you just need to send them a copy of your previous CC with the limit on it and ask them to match it. It is a pain but I find it was worth all the hassle

One word of warning - its a pain in the proverbial getting apprived for it by Tesco ... they seem to look for an enormous amount if info and then they will give you a low credit limit but I think its worth persevering and going through with it. After you get approved you can request a higher limit - you just need to send them a copy of your previous CC with the limit on it and ask them to match it. It is a pain but I find it was worth all the hassle

Thanks for help :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭ei9go

I was thinking of getting the tesco credit card myself but the thing is there is no internet banking available for tesco ireland so you cant check up on your spends until you see your monthly statement. Not up to much that way....

I did find this a bit of a nuisance but then how hard is it to add up the sale slips and keep a running total?

Another point I forgot is you get three times more points for Tesco fuel than if you payed by laser or cash.

One point per Euro in points and then 1/2 a point per euro for using the tesco credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

One thing about the Tesco CC is the rate of interest seems high, 19.1%. I know my CC is 13.6%. So if your not in the habit of paying in time it mightn't be worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭thomas01

I find by sticking with my boi credit card it helps me to avoid bank charges. With boi, you need to make 9 debit transactions (excluding direct debits and standing orders) per quarter. At the minute, all I have to do is make 9nr say €20 payments to my credit card.

If I change to Tesco I don't think it would be as easy. Also, you have to spend big amounts on purchases outside of Tesco to accumulate a decent amount of points. To put it in perspective, you would need to spend €5k on non Tesco purchases to get €25 in vouchers.

If you currently spend €5k on Tesco groceries, you would get an extra €25 euro in vouchers.

In my case, an extra €50 in vouchers per year would'nt be worth the hassle when everything is factored in.

Advertisement