Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

thomas01 wrote: »
    I find by sticking with my boi credit card it helps me to avoid bank charges. With boi, you need to make 9 debit transactions (excluding direct debits and standing orders) per quarter. At the minute, all I have to do is make 9nr say €20 payments to my credit card.

If I change to Tesco I don't think it would be as easy. Also, you have to spend big amounts on purchases outside of Tesco to accumulate a decent amount of points. To put it in perspective, you would need to spend €5k on non Tesco purchases to get €25 in vouchers.

If you currently spend €5k on Tesco groceries, you would get an extra €25 euro in vouchers.

In my case, an extra €50 in vouchers per year would'nt be worth the hassle when everything is factored in.

Id have to agree with you there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

thomas01 wrote: »
    I find by sticking with my boi credit card it helps me to avoid bank charges. With boi, you need to make 9 debit transactions (excluding direct debits and standing orders) per quarter. At the minute, all I have to do is make 9nr say €20 payments to my credit card.

If I change to Tesco I don't think it would be as easy. Also, you have to spend big amounts on purchases outside of Tesco to accumulate a decent amount of points. To put it in perspective, you would need to spend €5k on non Tesco purchases to get €25 in vouchers.

If you currently spend €5k on Tesco groceries, you would get an extra €25 euro in vouchers.

In my case, an extra €50 in vouchers per year would'nt be worth the hassle when everything is factored in.

Not necessarily - I have my Tesco CC linked to my AIB account and pay into it from there so you could you do the same with your BOI ac? And then do the same 9 debit transactions into it?

I also think getting "something" back no matter how much is better than getting nothing at all. And the main deal clincher for me is the 1.75% rate on foreign transactions rather than the
    3% charged by most other banks ... ah and AIB charge 3% EVEN on € purchases if its outside of Ireland:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

Are there any other reward credit cards out there offering anything similar to the value of a Tesco cc (if cleared monthly), that would be worth replacing a pigsback cc with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

imfml wrote: »
    Are there any other reward credit cards out there offering anything similar to the value of a Tesco cc (if cleared monthly), that would be worth replacing a pigsback cc with?

Speaking of replacing a pigsback credit card:
    We have had a number of queries in recent months from members who are using the Pigsback.com branded credit card provided by MBNA after media reports on MBNA’s future in Ireland. Indeed we would like to keep all users informed of the status of our agreement with MBNA.

Unfortunately, from March 1, 2012, you will no longer earn PiggyPoints using the Pigsback MBNA card. We apologise for the termination of this arrangement, which is out of our control.

few weeks you will receive a letter from MBNA to inform you of this and to outline the options available to you.

Should we reach agreement with an alternative credit card provider who is prepared to offer the PiggyPoint benefit, we will of course advise you.

If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact us.

Rest assured that any PiggyPoints you have earned to the end of February, 2012, will be credited to your account in due course and you will be able to spend them as usual.

Kind Regards,

Curly and the team

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

I just got that email about the pigsback credit card, Im ripping!! looks like Iv got no choice now but to move to the tesco credit card now at the end of the month!

I havent recieved this months piggy points yet, but I better get them or I will be very feckin cross before I bought a second hand car with the credit card last month which should show in this months points!! :mad:

• Advertisement

I just got that email about the pigsback credit card, Im ripping!! looks like Iv got no choice now but to move to the tesco credit card now at the end of the month!

I havent recieved this months piggy points yet, but I better get them or I will be very feckin cross before I bought a second hand car with the credit card last month which should show in this months points!! :mad:

You can still earn points up until the end of February, so shouldn't be a problem.

You wont need to change to tesco if you dont want, I reckon you will be able to still use the card as normal but obviously you wont be earning the points. Tesco dont have an online account facility which is a step backwards imo. Its €5 in vouchers for every €1000 you spend outside tesco iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Any other reward credit cards ?

brightkane wrote: »

Ryanair or the AXA one is all i can think of atm besides the tesco card

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

brightkane wrote: »

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=100102

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Thats taking the meagre "reward" to the extreme imo. Piggypoints not worth much unless you like staying in hotels in Ireland on a regular basis. Even then with restrictions and padded out value it debatable whether it's worth the effort:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

Just a quick question re Tesco cc,

With my current cc (BoI where my bank a/c is), I can 'pre charge' the card, so if my limit is €500, I can clear it, plus add €100 & have a limit of €600 on the card when traveling etc.

If Tesco cc can't be managed online, is it possible to do this & if so how?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

I used to have a Ryanair CC and never got much out of it. I got a free flight once but had to pay all the extras and charges ontop of that so it wasn't a free flight after all. I decided the card was not worth keeping.

I currently have a pigsback CC and will be sad to see it go.

They seem to be sticking with the dailydeal style as their main form of business now. There was a time where you could sit all day clicking on their website for piggypoints.

The card is my main source of PiggyPoints. It will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 smurf81

just wondering did anyone else buy the pigsback megadeal for the TOO FACED pallette, I bought 2, one for me and one for my sister. I received them this morning and I am a bit worried about whether or not they are legitimate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

got the letter from mbna saying the end of the pigsback program.

sorry to see it go as it was my main source of points.

cant see any worthwhile reward card to try and get. Tescos maybe, but no online account would annoy me.

might just have to go regular and have no rewards :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cvwallace

Hi all, just a wee warning. I bought the megadeal for Lynam's hotel today, hoping to use it for a specific event. When I called to book they told me they had availability for that date but when I mentioned the voucher i was told it couldn't be redeemed for that date! I assume it was because I wanted to book a Saturday night but they surely could have mentioned that the offer excluded weekends on the add. Not very impressed with the hotel but I've applied for a refund from Pigsback. Has anyone else had similar problems redeeming any of the other hotel offers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,196 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone have problems with Dunnes and Tesco not accepting the coupons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone have problems with Dunnes and Tesco not accepting the coupons

No. What are they saying?

PopTarts wrote: »
    No. What are they saying?

They wouldnt accept them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Why don't we get this thread back to what it was made for, piggypoints. There is a consumer issues section for complaints.

AIB give 10 piggy points a week for the quiz.

Get a quote with AA and you get 100 piggy points.

If you do the Johnson baby puzzle you get 5 piggypoints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Irishchick wrote: »
    Why don't we get this thread back to what it was made for, piggypoints. There is a consumer issues section for complaints.

In fairness irishchick, lets not kick a person when they are down... a lot of people on here have Pigsback MBNA credit cards and are worried about whats going to happen regarding it and MBNA.

It a pain in the ass to change from credit card company to another... and especially when credit is tight as it is now.

The thread is regarding pigsback.com as a whole site - megadeals - offers - user feedback - and isnt limited to piggypoints.

TBH, there is so so few points nowadays, they can be spotted on the homepage anyways so no need to list them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Access wrote: »
    In fairness irishchick, lets not kick a person when they are down... a lot of people on here have Pigsback MBNA credit cards and are worried about whats going to happen regarding it and MBNA.

No need for anyone to worry, MBNA will just issue you with a new card that doesn't carry the Pigsback branding and doesn't accumulate Piggy points. They sent me a letter last week saying so.

The fact that MBNA are supposedly being sold is a completely separate matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

They wouldnt accept them

Where was this?

Haven't used mine in a while, but they're always accepted in Dunnes & Tesco. The odd time a new staff member will have to go & ask someone, but then it's straightforward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Irishchick wrote: »

AIB give 10 piggy points a week for the quiz.

Get a quote with AA and you get 100 piggy points.

If you do the Johnson baby puzzle you get 5 piggypoints

There is no harm in people telling you about the problems they are having with pigsback here. That way they can hopefully make a more informed choice as to whether to avail of an offer or not. Chances are, if they are anything like me, they would not be looking in the consumer issues forum for problems with offers.

Are the cinema tickets in rewards a double or single ticket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Are the cinema tickets in rewards a double or single ticket?

single.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

cvwallace wrote: »
    Hi all, just a wee warning. I bought the megadeal for Lynam's hotel today, hoping to use it for a specific event. When I called to book they told me they had availability for that date but when I mentioned the voucher i was told it couldn't be redeemed for that date! I assume it was because I wanted to book a Saturday night but they surely could have mentioned that the offer excluded weekends on the add. Not very impressed with the hotel but I've applied for a refund from Pigsback. Has anyone else had similar problems redeeming any of the other hotel offers?

This is common enough, not only with megadeals, but with other discount deals too. They only have a certain number of rooms available on a specific night that can use the deal. I have even had restaurants say they had reached their 'quota' of deals for a particular evening.

If I have a specific date in mind I usually call the business before I buy the deal to check availability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

cvwallace wrote: »

Just do what I did last friday! I called them to reserve a table and before I even mentioned the number of people, time or voucher they said they were busy. However when I was looking for their phone number previously I checked their website and saw an online reservation thingy so I went back to it and booked table for two for 8.15 and got an email confirmation. I then rang them and told them id be using a voucher. They seemed a bit miffed but let me use it. The place was about 30% full when I ate there so I dont know what they are playing at and they have offers every week nearly! The steak was very good too :)

I am a member of pigsback for years. I live in Limerick and there are very few megadeal offers on the site. I bought a megadeal voucher in September for 40 euro and could not spend it as everything was mostly in Dublin. Then a megadeal for the Spa at Bunratty castle hotel for 45 euro came up, Thrilled I was. Went to buy the offer and my voucher would not work. I contacted customer support and got an instant reply saying they received my message and would reply in 3 working days - offer would be over then of course. No rpely, I contacted them on facebook and they were so nice on the public page not to worry, they would sort me. But then they blocked me from posting on their wall and never game me the offer. After 3 weeks and loads of hastle they cancelled the voucher and gave me the 4000 points back - no offers in Limerick since and still have the 4000 points that I cant spend since,
    Now my daughter tried to use her 20 euro megadeal voucher to buy a handbag set, same thing, wouldnt work. offer sold out no bag. Posted on facebook and now blocked from posting . She is afraid now if she publishes any problems that they will close her account so she is putting up and shutting up, Surely that is not fair and there should be some regulation against this sort of treatment. I would like to hear your views,.

I agree the points are highlighted on a monday morning and so few of them they are easy to spot, When I joined they had call credit etc all gone now, MBNA gone now. So very few points available, I posted here earlier re problems with mega deal vouchers where it says the code is invalid when trying to redeem it, I had a 40 euro voucher and my dauthter had a 20 euro one, both said code invalid when we tried to use it, by the time they got back from customer support the offer was closed and we got no satisfaction, we posted on facebook to say we are not happy and they have now blocked both of us from posting on the pigsback.com wall, That is not good enough; So if you dont say something good you will be blocked so then the posts are not genuine as we only see the favourable ones. Do you think this is fair guys???

• Advertisement

kendragon wrote: »
    There is no harm in people telling you about the problems they are having with pigsback here. That way they can hopefully make a more informed choice as to whether to avail of an offer or not. Chances are, if they are anything like me, they would not be looking in the consumer issues forum for problems with offers.
    The mega deal vouchers are nothing but problems, I posted on the pigsback facebook wall that I had a problem and pigsback blocked me from posting, I got replies from 12 other members that had simular problems with mega deal vouchers, I would advise to keep your points and do not buy the vouchers as they say code invalid and it gets sorted when the offer you want is gone. No good that. Its great that you can speak your mind here on boards.ie as pigsback block unfavourable posts.

Advertisement