Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Have also had problems recovering Fatcheese cashback due on Pigsback deals. Sometimes PB deals don't track properly on Fatcheese site or are slow to pay. Fatcheese (if they respond at all) blame Pigsback and of course Pigsback blame Fatcheese.

Once the problems are sorted I am leaving pigsback and good riddence its nothing but hastle, Irrelevant replies. blocking members from facebook in case they say something negative, Not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 roversully

Hi Guys,

I got my bean bag on the 6th of Feb I ordered it mid October.

The beanbag came, and it is VERY poor, very few beans (polystyrene balls), its only about 1/10 full and when you sit on it the few beans go to the sides and your bum ends up on the hard floor.

Word of warning DONT BUY FROM INFURN

They also dont reply to emails or answer their phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

quenching wrote: »
    No need for anyone to worry, MBNA will just issue you with a new card that doesn't carry the Pigsback branding and doesn't accumulate Piggy points. They sent me a letter last week saying so.

The fact that MBNA are supposedly being sold is a completely separate matter.
    I dont think its the fact of people worrying that the card will still be active its that the main benefit of having the card will be gone. It already lost a lot of its value anyway when pigsback decided to halve the points it was giving for using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭terriepodonnell

I used the code MEGACHEESE10 @ 1630 today (Thursday 1st of March) & it worked no problems for a 10% discount.

Now (20:00) the code is showing as invalid.

Has anyone another code by any chance ?

Many thanks.

TP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

I used the code MEGACHEESE10 @ 1630 today (Thursday 1st of March) & it worked no problems for a 10% discount.

Many thanks.

TP

Getonit (only valid until March 11th) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

Many thanks.

TP

Just wondering what discount code you used? The 10% codes doesnt work for me any more :(

Just wondering what discount code you used? The 10% codes doesnt work for me any more :(

GETITON worked! Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

any 10% off code available now?

any 10% off code available now?

Getonit is still working (for now!).

• Advertisement

Has the Jai Ho restaurant on Rock Rd in Booterstown closed?

I bought a voucher for the Pigsback Megadeal there but now I can't get an answer from the restaurant. Anyone else have similar problems?

Do Pigsback refund if the business goes wallop?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

Has the Jai Ho restaurant on Rock Rd in Booterstown closed?
    Apparently it got closed by the Food Safety Authority last month:

http://www.fsai.ie/news_centre/press_releases/four_enforcement_orders_served_in_January/08/02/2012.html

This is very poor!!! I got the deal on Groupon first before it came onto pigsback so I can tell you what its like and thats crap and not worth the money! I wouldnt be going here with a hunger!

I am extremely
    disappointed, I went to lunch with my partner to use the voucher as I
    thought I was getting a good deal. The voucher states that its value is €30,
    this was clearly not the case. I got the smallest cup of coffee I ever seen, I
    could not avail of the irish coffee as I was driving.

As for the selection of sandwiches and desserts as per
    details on the voucher, this again is clearly not the case. I would not classify
    what I was served as a selection of sandwiches or desserts, as there was only
    two types of sandwiches and two types of desserts this is a choice not a
    selection and one was fish and one was salad. I do not eat tuna and therefore could only eat the salad sandwich, I was not even offered a choice or an option it was brought to the table and that was the end of it!

The sandwiches were not even fresh as they were extremely cold, the bread was hard so obviously
    they were pre-prepared and stored in a fridge, this is not acceptable on any
    level especially from a hotel that said they were offering fresh food. And then the desserts again was not a selection it was a choice a selection is three or more two is a choice so its false advertising all over, the desserts were tiny and 1 was edible and the other dessert was offal as it was so bitter and did not seem fresh as I could not get the offal taste out of my mouth. Thirdly the scones well they were barely visible, the jam and cream serving were bigger than the scone. Overall I feel I was ripped off and the afternoon tea serving was atrocious. I would not recommend this to any one, the tea arrived ten minutes after our food as the waiter decided he wanted the bathroom first and it was more important than serving us.

At no stage where we asked was everything ok which is a
    downfall in itself as with the economic times that are in it. I believe it is
    vital that all guests or customers of any description should be at least asked
    that and if there is an issue there and then rectify it but clearly this hotel
    seems to think they are doing so well they don’t need repeat customers!!!

Overall, I am extremely disappointed and don’t think I will
    be buying any further vouchers as I’d be afraid to receive this type of
    deal again. I felt like a complete rip off and not value of money as it should
    be and as competitors now offer you al-la-carte menus for these types of prices never mind afternoon tea. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭millymash12

@paddyjoe183, I have learned the hard way when you use the voucher from sites like groupon and pigsback a lot of companies don't threat u like a regular customer. As soon as I mention 'i have a voucher' they seat u in the corner and serve you the leftovers. I have been disappointed on the 2 or 3 times iv got resturant vouchers. Lesson learnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I've bought several restaurant vouchers and never had an issue with the food or service

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I've bought several restaurant vouchers and never had an issue with the food or service

Likewise, I have never had a problem. And in fairness it's not the fault of pigsback or Groupon etc, it's the fault of the restaurant so your issue should be with them and not the voucher company who can not control the service in the restaurant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,196 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wish they would get more mega deals for Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

i bought a deal for bunratty castle has to be used by tomorrow, its for 2 adults and 2 kids. does anyone here want it ?

shot2go wrote: »
    i bought a deal for bunratty castle has to be used by tomorrow, its for 2 adults and 2 kids. does anyone here want it ?

You know you can get a (partial) refund from PB?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

i did not know that! thank you!

• Advertisement

I live near this hotel and i find them very helpful, they may allow you use your voucher at a later date as a gesture of goodwill, Probably not these 2 weeks as they are busy with school break up but maybe later in April. Is it for the spa or accomodation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭fletch

Yes if anything I find they bend over backwards for you as most people using the vouchers aren't regular customers so if they impress you there is a chance you might return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

fletch wrote: »
    Yes if anything I find they bend over backwards for you as most people using the vouchers aren't regular customers so if they impress you there is a chance you might return.

mmm, most of the time but i'm having awful problems using a voucher from a rival to pigsback (Grab1.) I think they oversold in numbers and its taken me five trys to get a booking which ended up being on a wednesday and not a weekend when its easier for us to arrange to go out. I certainly won't be giving this particular establisment anymore custom unless they blow me away and I would eat out a couple of times a week so there would be potential to win me over to being a regular customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭fletch

sweetie wrote: »
    mmm, most of the time but i'm having awful problems using a voucher from a rival to pigsback (Grab1.) I think they oversold in numbers and its taken me five trys to get a booking which ended up being on a wednesday and not a weekend when its easier for us to arrange to go out. I certainly won't be giving this particular establisment anymore custom unless they blow me away and I would eat out a couple of times a week so there would be potential to win me over to being a regular customer.
    I had the same with one restaurant and I complained to the manager but I got a fairly reasonable reply. Some of the deals are so cheap that the restaurants make very little profit if any so they only allow a certain amount of people using vouchers to book on each night. I have started ringing up and booking before I actually purchase the vouchers otherwise it can be very difficult to secure a booking as you say.

Any new discount codes?

GETITON not working any more :(

Any new discount codes?

GETITON not working any more :(

Ummm, try GETONIT instead!!! :cool: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

@paddyjoe183, I have learned the hard way when you use the voucher from sites like groupon and pigsback a lot of companies don't threat u like a regular customer. As soon as I mention 'i have a voucher' they seat u in the corner and serve you the leftovers. I have been disappointed on the 2 or 3 times iv got resturant vouchers. Lesson learnt.

I used a voucher that i had for Cafe Carlo on O Connell Street recently. We were given a 'special menu' when we went in and that was the main difference between us and 'regular customers'.
    The food wasn't great, the chicken was dry and the spaghetti bolognese needed more sauce and was bland. Some orders passed us and i wished i had what they had in front of me, but it wasn't one of our options!
    For the price and location it certainly was handy. While the food didn't impress i couldn't fault the service and the waiter was very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Libera wrote: »
    Ummm, try GETONIT instead!!! :cool: ;)

Quite new to this, so sorry for the stupid question, but what does this code do for you? I am a pigsback member, should I be entering this somewhere on their site? Thanks and sorry again for what is probably a stupid question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

what does this code do for you?
    It would get you 10% off any Megadeal, if you were buying one - just enter the code at checkout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Good to know, thanks again.

Advertisement