Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jibberjive

Thanks Libera :) Just bought my bag with extra 10% off I had enough piggy points to get it cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭pcomer

Looks like book rewards have been removed from Pigsback now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭rameire

I can see the rewards,
    are you sure you are logged in.
    if you look under the my account tab, it is shown as Rewards, which is the 3rd from the end of the list

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

rameire wrote: »
    I can see the rewards,
    are you sure you are logged in.
    if you look under the my account tab, it is shown as Rewards, which is the 3rd from the end of the list

Yes the rewards section is still there but as my original post stated the book rewards have been removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭rameire

silly me, didnt read your post.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement

rameire wrote: »
    silly me, didnt read your post.

No worries - just wanted everyone to know you can no longer get books. How long now before the restauraunt vouchers are gone and then all you will be able to buy is their cr*ppy megadeals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Aye, the site is becoming less and less worthwhile.

Used to be great when you could get CD-WOW vouchers or Phone Credit. Think all I use nowadays are the cinema vouchers.

Looks like all the ads you used to get 5 points for clicking on have been removed as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

pcomer wrote: »
    Looks like all the ads you used to get 5 points for clicking on have been removed as well.

they seem to be still working for me :confused:

Yeah seem to be working again - maybe they were just broken for a few days while the graphical user interface was being upgraded

• Advertisement

pcomer wrote: »
    Yeah seem to be working again - maybe they were just broken for a few days while the graphical user interface was being upgraded

Your prob right, pigsback are really falling down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Did anyone get the piggy points earned on spending during February? My statement at 05/03/12 showed 809 points earned.

Lately points have been very slow but I have not received the above points and 3 emails to pigsback meet with silence!

I know that the card offer expired on 01/03/12 but as my statement was after that date and spending was in the period of the deal I expect points to be credited.

Want to cancel the card now but not until points are credited.

Anyhow, would be useful to know how anyone else got on with this before I call them (or any other suggestions welcomed).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

I have not got points from my card & will cancel card soon. I was thinking to get a Ryanair card but heard that you have to pay the taxes on flights. My friend said he seen cheaper flights then the tax so any one an Idea for a good reward credit card?

I am surprised the web site is still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

thebiglad wrote: »
    Did anyone get the piggy points earned on spending during February? My statement at 05/03/12 showed 809 points earned.

Lately points have been very slow but I have not received the above points and 3 emails to pigsback meet with silence!

I know that the card offer expired on 01/03/12 but as my statement was after that date and spending was in the period of the deal I expect points to be credited.

Want to cancel the card now but not until points are credited.

Anyhow, would be useful to know how anyone else got on with this before I call them (or any other suggestions welcomed).

You should get the pp earned during February. PB have put this in writing.

If you're having a problem getting a response it may be because they've started ignoring some of their email addresses lately. Try the contact webform on their site.

Moving to Tesco reward card shortly. Should be useful in conjunction with the BGE offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭thebiglad

You should get the pp earned during February. PB have put this in writing.

If you're having a problem getting a response it may be because they've started ignoring some of their email addresses lately. Try the contact webform on their site.

Moving to Tesco reward card shortly. Should be useful in conjunction with the BGE offer.

I have got a BOI card, payments online banking hit the account immediately and count towards quarterly transactions so win/win.

Contacted via webform to absolute silence, will just phone.

I need the points to hit 15,000 and will then spend them on a hotel break and close account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Libera wrote: »
    Ummm, try GETONIT instead!!! :cool: ;)

Not valid anymore unfortunately. Anyone know of an up to date one

Berberis wrote: »
    Not valid anymore unfortunately. Anyone know of an up to date one

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Really disappointed to see that they've discontinued the Books in rewards. The only thing I've any interest in apart from this is Freshmilk clothing vouchers... hope they don't discontinue these as well or I'll be cancelling my membership!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I had a restaurant voucher I couldnt use and contacted them to arrange the 70% refund to be told that due to using piggypoints that it is ineligible for a refund. This 'clause' isn't obvious or made clear when one is buying the deals. Bad form!

From their "5 point promise"...
    Within 7 days, you can get a FULL refund to your Credit Card, Laser or PayPal account.
    Beyond that, up to a full year, you can claim a refund in PiggyPoints which can be spent against another Mega Deal or in our Rewards catalogue.
    There will be a 30% administration deduction on PiggyPoints refunds.

Don't see anything exempting them from refunding deals bought with pp. They will only refund you in pp.

• Advertisement

From their "5 point promise"...
    Within 7 days, you can get a FULL refund to your Credit Card, Laser or PayPal account.
    Beyond that, up to a full year, you can claim a refund in PiggyPoints which can be spent against another Mega Deal or in our Rewards catalogue.
    There will be a 30% administration deduction on PiggyPoints refunds.

Don't see anything exempting them from refunding deals bought with pp. They will only refund you in pp.

Its only when you go into the FAQ they point this out. I'd be happy with refund in piggypoints. I'm not leaving it be...

Well regardless of the FAQ the condition should be stated clearly in their T&C, in the ad for the deal, in the confirmation email, and everywhere they mention their refund and afaics it's not.

Well regardless of the FAQ the condition should be stated clearly in their T&C, in the ad for the deal, in the confirmation email, and everywhere they mention their refund and afaics it's not.

I'm with you dude and thank you for your help. Unfortuantely they haven't as yet replied to my mail yesterday pointing out this!

3 Course Dinner for Two including Rice/Naan Bread plus Glass of Wine at Delhi Darbar in Clonnee, Blanchardstown

I bought and used this voucher yesterday at the resturant in question. I ordered food for myself and my partner to the value to the voucher price which was under 70 euro. I informed the lady when booking of the voucher and again reminded her on arrival. We ordered an extra starter and side dish as we ordered dishes that were no where near the price of the voucher and also we did have avail of the wine or tea so really we only had a 2 course meal instead of three.
    At the end of the meal when I handed over the voucher the lady asked me for extra money to value of 14.50. I asked why I was being charged this and she started going through the menu saying that I ordered an extra items. I was of the opinion that this voucher of 72 euro meant anything to the value. When placing the orders at the start of the night I was not instructed otherwise and nowhere in the voucher does it state anything about terms and condition, so therefore it should have been included in the voucher instead of charging extra.

We didnt have the free wine of the free tea so it wasnt very fair. From buying these resturant vouchers in the past, they always seem to give us the full benefit of the value of the voucher but not Delhi Darbar!

3 Course Dinner for Two including Rice/Naan Bread plus Glass of Wine at Delhi Darbar in Clonnee, Blanchardstown

We didnt have the free wine of the free tea so it wasnt very fair. From buying these resturant vouchers in the past, they always seem to give us the full benefit of the value of the voucher but not Delhi Darbar!

did you pay? if so, why?

just received:

I have been on the site and agree that this is not specified clearly in the 5 Point Promise. It is on our knowledge base however not clearly enough stated. I have cancelled your voucher and refunded the full amount of Points.
    I would also like to add that I was not trying to be short with you, this is the policy that is set internally, however in this case it can be overlooked, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please note that this error will be rectified on the site so please make sure to avail of whatever deal you use your PiggyPoints in the future.
    Apologies again.
    Kind Regards
    John

yey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭fletch

I bought and used this voucher yesterday at the resturant in question. I ordered food for myself and my partner to the value to the voucher price which was under 70 euro. I informed the lady when booking of the voucher and again reminded her on arrival. We ordered an extra starter and side dish as we ordered dishes that were no where near the price of the voucher and also we did have avail of the wine or tea so really we only had a 2 course meal instead of three.
    At the end of the meal when I handed over the voucher the lady asked me for extra money to value of 14.50. I asked why I was being charged this and she started going through the menu saying that I ordered an extra items. I was of the opinion that this voucher of 72 euro meant anything to the value. When placing the orders at the start of the night I was not instructed otherwise and nowhere in the voucher does it state anything about terms and condition, so therefore it should have been included in the voucher instead of charging extra.

Assuming this is the deal you got (or similar)...it does very clearly state
    • Any 2 Starters
    • Any 2 Main Meals
    • 2 Side Orders Rice/Naan
    • Tea/Coffee
    It doesn't state you can spend up to €70 on whatever you want
    2 Glasses of Wine

fletch wrote: »
    Assuming this is the deal you got (or similar)...it does very clearly state

It doesn't state you can spend up to €70 on whatever you want
    2 Glasses of Wine

Hey sweetie, yeah I paid, I complaint when paying and the lady said she would count it all up and got 50. She said that the voucher is calculated on picking the most expensive things on the menu which I made her do and that didnt even come to 60 for two people which included charging 4.95 for a coffee etc. Not happy at all!

I used one of these vouchers before for the same type of thing only it was a mexican resturant in malahide. Staff where really nice and explained to me at the beginning of the meal that I could have what ever I wanted to the value of the voucher, this way it ensured that I didnt over spend. I looked at both vouchers to compare and both them dont mention either way!

Food wasnt even that nice in that indian in clonee.... very bland! I wont be back anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭fletch

She said that the voucher is calculated on picking the most expensive things on the menu which I made her do and that didnt even come to 60 for two people which included charging 4.95 for a coffee etc. Not happy at all!
    That really winds me up when they blatantly falsely advertise the savings like that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,191 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

€50 instead of €100 for a fab digital video camera from Sonic-UK, delivery included - mega deal

Advertisement