Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    €50 instead of €100 for a fab digital video camera from Sonic-UK, delivery included - mega deal

TBH i don't think its worth it. looks like something you'd give to a kid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Anyone have a new discount code? Getonit doesn't work anymore. Booking a mega deal for a stay at no 1 pery square limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

METROBUSINESS 12% off until 22 July from todays Metro.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

Did anyone know that you cant use your piggypoints to get this deal if you use this voucher!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭uli84

unfortunately not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

Did anyone know that you cant use your piggypoints to get this deal if you use this voucher!

With the way they've gone recently I'm not surprised!!

Ms Happy wrote: »
    With the way they've gone recently I'm not surprised!!

They are running the pigsback into the ground :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,095 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They are running the pigsback into the ground :(

Those halcyon days when you could get phone credit, and various other bits and pieces, instead of all of those crap "deals". One of my kids has clocked up over 15000 points and has absolutely nothing to use them on.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Those halcyon days when you could get phone credit, and various other bits and pieces, instead of all of those crap "deals". One of my kids has clocked up over 15000 points and has absolutely nothing to use them on.
    Im in the same boat! Used to love the call credit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

If they dont want them I'll take them :D Whilst many of the deals are crap there have been some decent one too like the short break in Lissard recently and a few of their meal deals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭fletch

I only use my piggypoints for the voucher for Mao Restaurant now....not much else of interest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,095 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

sweetie wrote: »
    If they dont want them I'll take them :D Whilst many of the deals are crap there have been some decent one too like the short break in Lissard recently and a few of their meal deals.

She'd probably be looking for €20000 for them, knowing her.:D

edit: As for the meals deals, someone was moaning recently in the consumer issues forum, that they were pretty much treated like beggars in one restaurant, and that they definitely didn't get the treatment the full-paying customers got.

Since then, the National Consumers Association has said that it's going to look into the deals sites to make sure that people get treated as if they paid full price.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0705/breaking27.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

She'd probably be looking for €20000 for them, knowing her.:D

edit: As for the meals deals, someone was moaning recently in the consumer issues forum, that they were pretty much treated like beggars in one restaurant, and that they definitely didn't get the treatment the full-paying customers got.

Since then, the National Consumers Association has said that it's going to look into the deals sites to make sure that people get treated as if they paid full price.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0705/breaking27.html

Definitely noticed this myself in a few restaurants I've been to. Others I've been completely surprised at the service and menu offered on the deals, Thunderroad Cafe being one that springs to mind. I think only steak was excluded the time we were there unlike other which offer very limited menus. The deal definitely worked for them as I've gone back since and will again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

http://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/66/349.aspx?pbq=529%2c529%2cVOVB

If you scroll down to the bottom they have deals ending the "31th July":rolleyes:

I used this voucher and have to say I was embarrassed to be there! It was a disgrace from the minute I walked in the door!
    First my partner and I were left standing at the door for ages, when we were seated we placed our order. In fairness the staff member was nice to begin with. I ordered bruschetta to begin with. I was half ways through the starter when I noticed a woman’s hair in the middle of the starter which was the end of that course for me.

My partner ordered the Steak for mains with pepper sauce. When it came out the steak didn’t have any seasoning and was very bland. The pepper sauce was as if it was watered down and was like custard but again didn’t have any taste to it. I had a pasta dish which was quite nice.

Silly us, we decided to stay and have dessert as the 2 courses through the pigsback weren’t really eatable, so for dessert we both had the Tart served with custard. The tart appeared with spray cream over it and didn’t have any custard. When I asked for the custard I was told there wasn’t any approx 15 mins later.

When I addressed these issues with the waitress I was told that I wouldn’t have to pay the extra 7 euro for the steak as the pigsback voucher didn’t cover steak dishes and was only for 2 starters and 2 mains.

I think this is totally unacceptable for pigsback and the restaurant in question. This is the second bad experience that I have had with using these so called vouchers for restaurants! It seems that these so called restaurants are looking for silly customers like myself to foolishly buy these vouchers because they can’t get business elsewhere due to the type of business that they are running. I hadn't been the this place before but I thought because it was in Howth that it would be great altogether. Little did I know! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

That's outrageous really really feel for you cos it's the type of thing that seems to always happen to me and mine!!! It really is the pits when you are made to feel like a second class citizen like you were. Very bad on all counts :eek:

so how is that pigsbacks fault? I actually was planning on using this voucher myself soon so will report back my experience.

sweetie wrote: »
    so how is that pigsbacks fault? I actually was planning on using this voucher myself soon so will report back my experience.

Ate here yesterday and it was fine. By no means Howth's best restaurant but food and service was good and they were accomodating to any requests regarding our baby.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Do many BAers still use Pigsback? I'm only getting circa 40points per week. I think it has had its day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

A few weeks ago there was a Veho earphones offer of 3 for €18 (it comes up regularly). Pigsback sent me a €5 voucher by email and I had 13000 spare points. Net result is it cost me nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

I stopped using this site a while ago- not really interested in the 'deals'. Only signed up for the rewards and they suck now. So whatev.

http://megadeals.pigsback.com/
    Just enter the discount code 5EURGIFT at the checkout to avail of this promotion.
    T&C: Minimum spend €20, 1 use per customer, Code expires Nov 30 23:59 2012

Do people realise your piggypoints will now expire if you don't log in every three months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Not being cheeky but i dont think anyone cares any more to be honest snubbleste, pigsback has had its day and most peeps have cashed out what points they had left on the site through various deals and so on.

Nothing of value on there any more and some of the hotel deals have been proven to cost less if you just ring the hotel direct and book instead of buying the deal. It takes weeks/months to accumulate points and that used to involve clicking every banner/ad and signing up to everything known to man on the site.

Even the shopping coupons are useless nowadays... nothing of value to speak of and mainly items that wouldn't normally be on anyone weekly shopping list... and if they are their equivalent in Aldi or Lidl is way cheaper anyways.

Cant remember the last time time i logged onto the pigsback site... Its just not worth it anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I had 3000 points just before they pulled the books rewards, took forever for a deal to come up to use them on. Back in the day I could earn £10 phone credit for 1000 points - that was a sweet deal. It was a good Irish website when very few others existed. dont bother with it now at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

anyone who took advantage of the mobile broadband vodafone offer wlll be waiting on ten thousand piggy back points to be added to their accounts over the next few weeks. i wonder what the chances of getting those points are?..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

jmorrisey wrote: »
    anyone who took advantage of the mobile broadband vodafone offer wlll be waiting on ten thousand piggy back points to be added to their accounts over the next few weeks. i wonder what the chances of getting those points are?..........

They are now only offering 1000! They changed it! :D

I feel sorry for anyone who signed on the dotted line... they have a snowballs chance in hell of getting satisfaction without a big fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭pcomer

think its had its day allright. I 'm going to get enough points for one more voucher and then close my acccount.

I live in Limerick and all the offers are Dublin and Kildare. I messaged several times and got the same reply "WE WILL LOOK INTO IT" this is going on for years. Several of my workmates have thousands of points and will do the same as u guys, when an offer comes up we will use the points and are gone,. Its a joke, always hastle, 30 points per week max. They pulled the call cards, and the MBNA card points. Said they would replace with something else and nothing. I put a comment on their fb page when I had problems and they changed the settings so I couldnt comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

I live in Limerick and all the offers are Dublin and Kildare. I messaged several times and got the same reply "WE WILL LOOK INTO IT" this is going on for years. Several of my workmates have thousands of points and will do the same as u guys, when an offer comes up we will use the points and are gone,. Its a joke, always hastle, 30 points per week max. They pulled the call cards, and the MBNA card points. Said they would replace with something else and nothing. I put a comment on their fb page when I had problems and they changed the settings so I couldnt comment.

If you have "thousands" of points you could always buy up as many Punchestown tickets as you can get and offer them on ebay. I'll give you 15euro for each one

Advertisement