Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback.com

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

New code
    Need a reason to try our amazing offers? How about a free €5 to spend on any offer you like? Hurry though, as this promotion is only valid until Apr 30 2013
    Your discount code is: FIVERAPR13 . Enter this code at the checkout and click "Redeem". One code per person only. Not valid on deals less than €5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭123654789

"you may not use PiggyPoints with this discount code"

Trying to use up useless points but they're onto me :mad:

Q: Can I pay for more than 20% of an offer with PiggyPoints if I have enough PiggyPoints?
    A: Regrettably, no. 20% will be the maximum saving.

So you can only use piggypoints to part-pay for 20% of the cost of deals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

snubbleste wrote: »
    Q: Can I pay for more than 20% of an offer with PiggyPoints if I have enough PiggyPoints?

Really annoyed with this change to the rules. I have about 9100 points and having been saving up, planning to get a nice hotel break later in the year. Don't know what I'm going to do with them now.

Dunno. Looks like they'll also be getting rid of the few remaining rewards also
    http://help.pigsback.com/knowledgebase/articles/201374-piggypoint-changes-a-win-win-win-for-you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Effectively the "piggypoint" has been devalued. They will triple te offers next week.woo hoo. The mega deals are often more expensive than other deal sites so the site has now become worthless. Irish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

I would suggest emailing customer services (helpdesk@pigsback.com). I did and apparently "These changes have come about from suggestions made by the majority of our members". I find that hard to believe! The only way they will change things is if enough folk complain. I agree that points are now next to worthless (I also was saving up) and after over 11 years as a member, I think the site has had it's day (or that happened some while ago!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

When did the rules change? Did they even send an email about it? I do not recall getting any emails from them in ages.

They sent out an email last week. It also mentioned that piggypoints will expire in a year rather than 3 months.
    I'd spend your points on the rewards section quick before it too disappears

They sent out an email last week. It also mentioned that piggypoints will expire in a year rather than 3 months.
    I'd spend your points on the rewards section quick before it too disappears

I did not get that email or maybe went to Spam and got deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

The rewards are all pretty much gone at this stage. The cinema vouchers disappeared sometime in the last month. Cashed in the last of my points while there was still something to use them on.

The site has gone massively down hill over the last year. Loads of the deals have been misadvertising and any time I pointed it out to them, it was always met we we'll review with sales and nothing is done.

Can't seem to find the "rewards" section is it gone

Can't seem to find the "rewards" section is it gone
    http://www.pigsback.com/Pages/3/240/1393.aspx

Thanks. I'll get a few restaurant vouchers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

All the restaurant rewards are Dublin based now, so it's just those or a parenting magazine (also of no use to me) in the rewards section, useless.

Remember the good ol days of the Boots, Hughes&Hughes vouchers and vodafone call credit? And clicks were for 10 points? And us oldies used get a percentage bonus credit on our earned monthly points? Ah well.... :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

If they get rid of the rewards section, i will have no use for PB anymore. Love getting the restaurant vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭pcomer

I'm done next time I get enough points to get one last voucher. Rewards are a load of shyte these days.

I wonder who all the people are that PB are claiming are so thrilled with the new system? They sure aren't the FB page likers anyway.

I see in the rewards section, there is FAR less things to cash in for. Dante's voucher or Hard Rock Cafe voucher, Waxing voucher or Parenting magazine. TGi's is gone which was the only reason i was on the website.

I am a week shy of a €10 voucher. Once i have that, cya later PB. I will not use you anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

site will be gone soon.
    people are seeing through the BS of these "daily deals" with fake RRPs, and prices that never existed, and getting treated like dirt because you're using a voucher instead of paying with cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

site will be gone soon.
    Thats what Im afraid off.

It was grand when they did the phone credit and even up to a few months ago I was able to get the odd cinema ticket. The problem now is that I have about 3000 points, the missus and daughter have about 2000+ each and Im just wondering how best we can "cash out" Any suggestions?

I think you can use some of them towards a deal, maybe 20% of the total cost. Other than that, a meal in Hard Rock Cafe in city centre is about it.

I think you can use some of them towards a deal, maybe 20% of the total cost. Other than that, a meal in Hard Rock Cafe in city centre is about it.

They only took some of the other vouchers off the reward section in the last couple of weeks, as I order some very recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Jesus. It really is gone to ****e. The screenshot attached is all you can spend them on now!

On the 30th may they had the below, by the end of June they probably have nothing left. (They also had the parenting magazines but I wasn't interested on that)

q5f4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yeah, that looks to be the only thing. The big problem as mentioned by someone else is that most of the deals aren't that good with inflated RRP's. Products for example can be bought cheaper elsewhere in most cases

Jesus. It really is gone to ****e. The screenshot attached is all you can spend them on now!
    Thats another problem. Its all geared towards city folks (no disrespect) and as Im in Donegal 3 out of the 4 are useless

I'd go on FB and ask them if they are going to add back any of the restaurant deals only I guarantee you that they would say that this is the new format and more people are delighted with the system and that everyone is just thrilled with it. Hmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

It's really crap lately. There used to be a magazine called easyhealth which I got a subscription from PB to, until it ceased publication earlier this year. I was then offered a sub to easyfood which I have accepted. I don't know why they can't now offer easy food as well for us non parents, same publisher!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have 80 euro in points that I would have cashed in had I known they were stopping the offers:(

some of the special offer codes on the site do not work either.

It is definitely gone down hill.

Advertisement