Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

Email them to let them know and FB them too. I emailed this morning and got a reply thanking me and it would be passed on.

If enough people did it, they might take notice.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I complained aswell, though I reckon they might be on the way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

I gave up on Pigsback about a year ago, not worth the effort IMO

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Defo didn't get email about not being able to use piggypoints to pay for a deal in its entirety. Also, based on general feedback here, not sure how they can say that the decision to change from full to partial payment for deals is based on customer feedback, who would ever think that was the way to go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I sent them a message earlier today basically complaining about the rewards being removed and this is what they came back with.....a pretty generic lie I'd say
    Hi muffler

Thank you for your email

Sorry that we do not have any current rewards that suit you

Due to decreased interest in this area of our site, we are slowly phasing these reward vouchers out.

When we conducted research with 1,000+ of our most active Pigsback.com members they suggested that using their PiggyPoints as part payment for offers onsite was a more popular option than saving for reward vouchers over a few months, as part payment is a quicker reward than saving over a long period of time.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused

Kind Regards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just take the restaurant vouchers, and sell them to a Dub on adverts.ie
    you'll probably get yourself 75-80% of face value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

They appear to be branching their site off into separate sites (such as Dining, Beauty etc. with similar marketing behind each), perhaps paving the way for the death knell of Pigsback. I also queried where TGI and Mao rewards had gone - initially told their were "currently" out of stock. When I pushed a further response, informed they would not be coming back. It is a business at the end of the day but not much point if they alienate their long-standing customer base in favour of Facebookers, which may well be short-lived. Just treat us with some respect would be nice! No bargain to be had here...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

I donated my remaining 1508 piggy points to Crumlin Childrens Hospital.
    I'm leaving pigsback now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

muffler wrote: »
    Yeah, that looks to be the only thing. The big problem as mentioned by someone else is that most of the deals aren't that good with inflated RRP's. Products for example can be bought cheaper elsewhere in most cases
    A lot of their tech deals have had incorrect information. Notifying them about it gets a generic response of they'll pass it on to sales, and then the deal still runs its course. I'm guessing they know that reporting them is unlikely to go anyway as the ad will be removed by the time the complaint is looked at.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

i think people wanted to be able to get discounts with their points as well as being able to pay for deals in full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭pcomer

Jesus that site is now pure shyte. You can't even get free points anymore by clicking on adverts. Am outta there - RIP Pigsback.

bagels wrote: »
    I donated my remaining 1508 piggy points to Crumlin Childrens Hospital.
    I'm leaving pigsback now

Hmmmm bagels, wouldn't you wonder why it costs 1500 points to donate a €10 to them? Must be an "admin" fee :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Only vouchers left now are Brazilia and Easy Parenting magazine :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

nava wrote: »

Jaysus. God be with the days when we used to get phone credit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

ah no, was going to cash in my vouchers the other day for Hard Rock vouchers & didn't bother. I have 2700 & my other half has over 10000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

I used up my points on 40 euro worth of leisureplex vouchers glad I did pigsback are not worth the time anymore imo , it used to be great :(

nava wrote: »

Fook sake - bye bye pigsback

There are 5 of us here in the office, we were just buying red onion brasaerie meal deals for 3,300 points, we all had them saved as there are rarely offers in Limerick.
    Couldnt believe when they said we can use 660 points and pay the balance of 26.40 each on our credit card. Lots of people have 10,000 so they will have to buy 500 euro worth of deals to use them up,
    Bye bye pigsback all round,.
    Id like to mention too that I put a comment on their facebook page against this and they have blocked me commenting now, All i can do is like a post. I mentioned it to others and the same happened them. Surely this is not right that if you dont praise them you dont say anything.
    How can they get away with this. I would love to get in touch with their advertisers and see what they think, Its bye bye pigs back for me too,
    We should all donate our points to charity and leave, at least someone would benefit.

Yes, they said 80% of their customers wanted this???? did anyone here get surveyed, no neither did I or the other girls here.
    What a rip off.

Its a load of crap - am closing my account today. Their "rewards" are a pile of <insert expletive here>

• Advertisement

donate your points to charity dont let Pigsback get the benefit of them. they are a shower of you know whats.

They have all our e mail addresses from when we signed up, Could they not have said as and from 30 days there will be a new system and give us a chance to buy something, but no, fool us as always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

donate your points to charity dont let Pigsback get the benefit of them. they are a shower of you know whats.

I have 607 points left after buying tgi vouchers a few weeks ago.

Dont need them and would be happy donating but 1500 is the minimum. Is there anything I can do with them except us them towards 20% of a deal?

Ah they have it all sewn up, all u can do is sign in every week for the next 25weeks at 30 points per week that will give u the 1500 but then they will probably have changed the rules by then too. I guess its best for all of us to quit while we are ahead as clicking all these 5 points which are now worth 1 cent to us is a bit of a joke. I think people are leaving en mass to daily deals and living social etc,.
    They are their own worst enemy but I hate being conned.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

I can't believe they have taken down those reward vouchers without giving us any notice. I nearly had enough for a voucher for Hard Rock cafe. Very annoyed at Pigsback!

Did ye see all the dissatisfied comments on their facebook page. So many people are so annoyed and cant believe they did this without any warning, They have blocked me from being able to comment and many more like me because we made a negative comment and expressed our dissatisfaction, now we cant post. More people should complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Bye bye Pigsback. You have lost all relevance to the Irish population and therefore will close down. Hopefully your staff (not the decision makers) are able to find new jobs soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I had 2,300 points this morning, donated 1,000 (1,500 :rolleyes:) to Crumlin, will work at clocking up the remaining 700 for another donation then close the account, waste of time these days. (I'm not leaving PB my 800 points, I'd rather see them go to a worthwhile organisation!)

Yes, that was the point I made yesterday, The new system is to make you spend, For every offer you buy you have to pay cash of 80%. So if you donate your points to charity you beat them by not
    spending your cash. I will do that too and encourage my friends to do likewise and when the points are
    all gone to charity I will leave, I think there will be a mass exodus as the people buying deals now are those with 100 and 200 points who rarely visit the site which will not keep the site open.
    Well done for your donation to a very worthy cause,How do we get others to do the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

Just found 2 x €10 pigsback vouchers for Leisureplex that I ordered about two years ago, does anyone know if they are still accepted?

Advertisement