Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Superfin wrote: »
    Just found 2 x €10 pigsback vouchers for Leisureplex that I ordered about two years ago, does anyone know if they are still accepted?

They should if there's no expiration date on them, I used some over the weekend in TGI's last weekend without any issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

So they supposedly polled 1,000+ out of 450,000 active members as to what they thought about bringing in the new system - less than a quarter of a percent is hardly a representative sample! How come the "majority of our members are happy with these changes", if so few were asked?! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Libera wrote: »
    So they supposedly polled 1,000+ out of 450,000 active members as to what they thought about bringing in the new system - less than a quarter of a percent is hardly a representative sample! How come the "majority of our members are happy with these changes", if so few were asked?! :confused:

It sounds major dodgy to me. I wonder how many staff members are pigsback members - maybe they are included in the 1000? Because to be honest, I can't imagine how anyone would be happy with the changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭pcomer

Just closed my account there - fook them - they'll be gone within a year or two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Drkitkat

closed mine too

• Advertisement

There is a radison spa deal in Limerick to day for 50 euro. My friend here at work has 7500 points but would have to use 1000 points and pay 40 euro on her credit card, On the old system she would get the spa voucher for free and have 2500 points left. How could anyone say No - the new system is better. Obviously pigsback staff and their families and friends. You are right. Donate to charity I would say, I would love to know how to go about getting everyone to donate to crumlin hospital for sick children rather than let pigsback get the benefit of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Just after donating 40€ to Crumlin Children's hospital.

Commented on their facebook and just got
    Thank you for your comments. Since we made the change with the PiggyPoint system there has been an increase of over 80% in the number of members using their PiggyPoints. The majority of our members are happy with this change. So sorry we won’t be going back to the old system. Again thanks for your comments.

Curly.

Just Closed my account with them too.

I think people should start UNLIKING their Facebook page too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Royal Tara

I told them I was unhappy and did not agree with the new system and asked if they would review,. I got the generic reply that everyone gets and I said it was a disgrace as did several members on their facebook site, and members on boards.ie
    Then I was blocked from commenting on their facebook page. When I asked why - this is the reply I got

"Hi Tara
    The team are currently looking into this for you
    If you have ever previously used an offensive tone on the Pigsback Facebook page you would have been automatically banned (or restricted) from posting or commenting on the timeline. This could be why you can not comment on the Face book Wall
    Kind Regards
    Charlene"
    SO GUYS UNLESS YOU SAY SOMETHING NICE YOU CANNOT SAY ANYTHING.
    I WILL FOLLOW THE OTHER MEMBERS BU DONATING MY POINTS TO CHARITY AND LEAVE AND UNFRIEND THEM.
    Tara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭g0g

So frustrating recently I just got to 800 points and they took the 800-point food voucher away, then I get to 900 and the next one up is gone! I'm not so upset about the points, but I have € 37 of credit with them from a hotel break I didn't use and this credit expires in August. I'm checking every day but still seeing nothing on the mega deals I could be arsed with! If anyone's interested in buying € 34.30 of credit for € 30 just PM me! :)

When you donate to charity do you get a receipt and how do you know the charity gets the money.
    I just dont trust pigsback anymore. I wonder did the charities in question notice a huge increase in their donations and how long they have to wait to get the money. Can anyone throw any light on this.
    I also notice that its 1500 points for 10 euro donation.

• Advertisement

Do you have proof that the money goes to charity? Is there anything on the voucher whereby you can trace it? Just interested as I will be donating and dont want to be conned again, I too will be unfriending on facebook and cancelling my membership.
    I also am blocked from commenting on their fb page as I didnt agree with the new policy.

was just thinking there... 80% of the 1000 they surveyed like the new system that's 800 people out of 450000 or so that actually use Pigsback.. Great sample rate eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

was just thinking there... 80% of the 1000 they surveyed like the new system that's 800 people out of 450000 or so that actually use Pigsback.. Great sample rate eh?
    Their survey would have had a question like. Would you like to be able to pay for deals using points. You answer yes and you're in the 80%.

If the question was would you like to be only able to use your points for a small percentage of a deals price and also not be able to buy vouchers etc. it would have been a lot lot less.

Survey answers can be manipulated to their own agenda.

I do not believe they surveyed anyone, or if they did it was themselves. Just look at their facebook page and see the comments, I dont see 80% of the comments saying well done Piggy. 100% of them are against the new system.
    I am quitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

The amount of complaints on their Facebook page is unreal!

Same crappy response from them each time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I also am blocked from commenting on their fb page as I didnt agree with the new policy.

I am blocked too. My post wasn't even that bad. I said:
    "The final nail in the Pigsback coffin has been struck by a blow of a hammer with the withdrawal of rewards.

Best of luck to the non-decision making staff in the search for new jobs.

Yes, I do expect to be banned from this page because Pigsback don't like any form of critism. Sad when a company can't take it."

Any company that bans so many people for questioning it's direction when the majority of customers are also questioning the direction will go out of business very quickly.

EDIT: I am actually not banned. It just wouldn't post earlier....hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

you'd swear Don Matrick was working for them :pac:

I contacted Radison spa to day and told them I wanted to book my spa treatment but wouldnt use pigsback because of the deplorable treatment to their members. I got a reply back saying no problem. we will give you the treatment for 50 euro due to your dis satisfaction with pigsback which was the price that pigsback were offering it for. So it goes to show if you take the initiative you get the deals for the same price anyway, The only advantage was being able to get it for free using the points.
    A huge amount of unhappy members but isnt good to know there are 4 times that amount of happy ones NOT.

They have blocked me from making a comment on any post. I cannot like, comment or share.
    Thats how they deal with anyone that doesnt like what they have done.

Pigsback got back to me and hope to have some more rewards back on the site in the next few weeks!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

traprunner wrote: »
    Pigsback got back to me and hope to have some more rewards back on the site in the next few weeks!!!
    Pigsback pencil for 9999 points and trolley coin for 5877 points :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭fletch

I do recall filling out the survey. I can't remember if I just logged into the site and it popped up but I can't find anything in my email (and I don't tend to delete emails)
    Anyway, I was lucky enough to use most of my remaining points to get the last of the Dantes Pizza rewards...once I've saved up enough to donate to charity, I'll donate the rest and then I'll be closing my account. Certainly wouldn't be bothered visiting the site every Monday to click all the 5 point links anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Just cancelled my account with them. They were no longer relevant to me anyway this was the catalyst to close the account.

strange they told me yesterday by e mail that they wont be adding any all thats there is the parenting magazine and brazilia, The same post was made by them on the pigsback.com facebook site saying no there wont be any more rewards, Are they turning around already?????

strange they told me yesterday by e mail that they wont be adding any all thats there is the parenting magazine and brazilia, The same post was made by them on the pigsback.com facebook site saying no there wont be any more rewards, Are they turning around already?????

It was on facebook that they said they were hoping that they would be back with some rewards in the next few weeks.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are turning. They are losing a lot of customers and there are a lot of complaints on facebook. Every 'like' on facebook translates into what...maybe 10-20 others seeing the negative feedback. A company will find that hard to sustain.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

Strange I gotte same response on FB sorry no more offers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

gandalf wrote: »
    Just cancelled my account with them. They were no longer relevant to me anyway this was the catalyst to close the account.

Way ahead of you! :D

No more spam from them each week to my inbox!

no more spam emails whoooooo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Just cancelled here also. Member over 10 years. Used to love the phone credit rewards. Thank goodness I only had 183 points. New site looks like any old deal site. Pi*s poor effort from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 dealmaker4us

6 companies in the past month have removed their vouchers from Pigsback Rewards page. I was told by them that these companies wanted to be removed but 6 in the last month when they have all been on for many years is a bit of a joke. Why can't they just admit that they decided to remove them as they only care about MegaDeals and don't want people to use up their points on anything else.

They keep replying to almost every facebook comment with the line "Since we made the change with the PiggyPoint system there has been an increase of over 80% in the number of members using their PiggyPoints". Ye Pigsback because there is no point saving up on points anymore and people want to get rid of them.

Advertisement