Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I have a credit of 70e from a deal refund and had a look at a hard drive they have on special for 90e - I can buy it direct from amazon for about 65e, how do they think people will fall for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭crayon80

I was saving up points for a reward too and now they're totally useless.

If these changes are the result of "market research", remind me never to use Empathy Research for my business :rolleyes:

Isn't it hilarious how this thread got mad busy again lately for all the wrong reasons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

sweetie wrote: »
    I have a credit of 70e from a deal refund and had a look at a hard drive they have on special for 90e - I can buy it direct from amazon for about 65e, how do they think people will fall for that?

Very simply put, is that the majority of people buying online do not do their homework when it comes to purchasing online... They stick with the usual and would never think to check to see if the same product is on adverts donedeal, ebay or amazon....

Not all these deals are good deals at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Royal Tara

They still cannot see that people are using up their points now and leaving, as u only get 30 points a week they will not have the 20% for any more deals so give it a while and then see what happens. This move can only go one way.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

They are saying on their Facebook page that they are introducing some new rewards very shortly. I hope they follow through with this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

They had cancelled my points after i hadnt accessed the site for a period.
    I emailed them about it fo them to be restored.
    This was done within the hour and I donated the 1500 points to charity

Thats what we are all doing thats why their deals are up 80% they are not saying how many of the 80% is to the charaties. Wouldnt surprise me if they will stop that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

THe only reward apart from donating to charity is the Easy Parenting Mag.

Not much good when my children all have emigrated. My grandchildren when I have them will be in Australia - dont think the Irish magazine would be of any help, Trying to be lighthearted. Still no joy with pigsback.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I think they are missing the point that people wanted to use their points towards purchases but that did not mean they did not want to be able to purchase items with them as well.

• Advertisement

I agree, Did you notice 8 radison spa vouchers sold after 8 days, 4 tipperary racecourse at only 10 euro. These would be sold out by now if people could use 1000 or 5000 points, I was in the gym yesterday evening and most of the guys and girls had thousands of points and used the spa voucher if it was 5000 points, its now 40 euro and 1000 points. 8 sold how is that an increase of 80%.
    Advertisers will cop on soon enough. The fall off has already started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

even their shopping coupons section is all but gone.
    used to be 10-15 of them, changing every week or so.
    now there's only 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

as I said on facebook. the site has gone to the dogs lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,310 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've nearly 7000 points, had been intending to get a hotel deal at some point with them but even using them for the part-payment doesn't actually bring the prices down to what you can usually negotiate with the hotel in the first place...

You will now just have to spend 350 euro on deals to get 70 off. As I said I called the Raddison spa and they are giving the same 50 euro offer with no pigsback so were firefly bistro, you walk in off the street and same deal. Why do people not shop around. Its just to get cash in so we can use our points.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Royal Tara

They have new rewards added to day if you live in Leinster or a few selected areas. From what my friends say they are using up all the points on these rewards and going. Radisson spa still only 8 sold after 2 weeks for 50 euro, and tipperary racecourse 4 sold after 10 days for 10 euro using your 20% discount, what a joke.
    If I lived in the east coast id be in like flynn, go for it guys if u have a huge amount of points now is your chance. Would love to hear what people think.

If you go to the ice house in mayo you can get a massage for an hour for the 7000 points. At least the new rewards is giving people in Dubin and surrounding areas an out clause.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 deeaunty

Maybe I'm being completely dumb but I can't find these new rewards - please help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

deeaunty wrote: »
    Maybe I'm being completely dumb but I can't find these new rewards - please help!
    Up at the top of the page beside your name you will see the number of Piggypoints you have. Click on that and that will take you to another page where you have to enter your password and then you move on to your points page. Down on the left you will see "Get rewards"

• Registered Users Posts: 30 deeaunty

muffler wrote: »
    Up at the top of the page beside your name you will see the number of Piggypoints you have. Click on that and that will take you to another page where you have to enter your password and then you move on to your points page. Down on the left you will see "Get rewards"

I did that but only coming up with infant magazine. Have nearly €100 worth of points so would love opportunity to use them up!

• Advertisement

deeaunty wrote: »
    I did that but only coming up with infant magazine. Have nearly €100 worth of points so would love opportunity to use them up!
    Thats what the last 100+ posts have been about mostly....there are no rewards. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Thats what the last 100+ posts have been about mostly....there are no rewards. :)

Yeah, but post 1907 says new rewards were added today, especially good if you live in Leinster. So what are these new rewards?

I can see pone for Brasilia wax company, is that it?

Yeah, but post 1907 says new rewards were added today, especially good if you live in Leinster. So what are these new rewards?

I can see pone for Brasilia wax company, is that it?
    There were a few of the discounted offers posted earlier today on the site but they're gone now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

There were a few of the discounted offers posted earlier today on the site but they're gone now

They were dire anyway. The minimum points needed were extortionate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Some new rewards up now, only 1 in Dublin for laser treatment though.

Are these still the same - as in you can only use a percentage of your points to pay for these deals or can you pay for them in total with points when they go into the rewards section? None of them any use to me anyway, but just in case they add some that we'd actually want.

They have the Vax S4 Grime Master for sale, €45 and the "discount" is €29.99, which they are claiming is 40% knocked off it. Alternatively, I can just go to H*rvey N*rman later and buy it for €45 :rolleyes: I mailed them about it just now, lets see do we get a reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vax-Grime-Master-Handheld-Cleaner/dp/B004J3585G

Plus ParcelMotel at 3.50, probably cheaper...and I'd rather deal with amazon than hn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Got all excited about the Grime Master there for a sec, thought it was in the Rewards section where you can use just piggypoints to purchase, but no, it's in the section where you use points to discount and then have to pay rest by card!

Serves me right for not reading the post properly! Rewards section back to Brazilia and Easy Parenting, all the other rewards there are gone.

bidiots wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vax-Grime-Master-Handheld-Cleaner/dp/B004J3585G

Plus ParcelMotel at 3.50, probably cheaper...and I'd rather deal with amazon than hn

Thanks a million for that. I registered with Parcel Motel and just (impulse) bought one! I had an amazon voucher so also used that.

Sorry to go off-topic, folks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Waterford Castle has gone into receivership. What about people who bought vouchers only a week or two ago on Pigsback?

Advertisement