Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭pcomer

traprunner wrote: »
    Waterford Castle has gone into receivership. What about people who bought vouchers only a week or two ago on Pigsback?

I'd guess they are screwed unless Pigsback's world renowned customer service comes to the rescue. So in other words they are screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Sorted

Really getting p**sed off now with Pigsback. Had 3700 approx points this morning and saw that only 2 rewards - a Parenting Magazine or Brazilia vouchers. Thought I'd get 3 of the vouchers then close my account. Put 3 in basket and the site started behaving strangely. Anyhoo. I'm now down 1000 points and looks like it's just processing 1 Brazilia voucher?

Does anyone have a contact email address for Pigsback that they actually respond to??? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Sorted

fletch wrote: »
    I only use my piggypoints for the voucher for Mao Restaurant now....not much else of interest
    I was the same but now that's gone too :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Complain to them on Facebook,they are promising there will be rewards that can be bought with points but no sign of them.

If you complain they block you from posting or liking a post. They blocked me when I complained. I posted that here and 3 other members messaged me saying they also got blocked for complaining, So the only post you can put is I love pigsback .....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am still able to post despite my moaning:)

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

I bought an iPad through pigsback 3 weeks ago. Today I logged on to discover I was credited with 1 piggypoint per euro spent and not the 5 per euro advertised. I am awaiting their response to my query. Given how pathetic their site and rewards have become I am not sure is there much point in going after them :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Waterford Castle has gone into receivership. What about people who bought vouchers only a week or two ago on Pigsback?

Maybe read the report in full before creating a false alarm.

Waterford castle announced that ALL vouchers, deposits and booking are 100% safe. The Castle itself is owned by nama and the receivership route was taken to protect the business which was operated separately. The castle is now being operated by nama through a receiver and such a statement is a guarantee from nama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Half the hotels in the country are in receivership!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Some of the hotels in the country have been in receivership since the day they opened - one at least in the East of the country springs to mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 dealmaker4us

https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Hate-Pigsback/191063027726050?ref=hl

Click on the link above to join the New Facebook page that I discovered.

It was set up for those of you who have become angry and annoyed at the recent changes by Pigsback.com. I was a very happy member up until the last few months and have fallen out of love with this company. The aim of this page is to share your thoughts with others who have experienced the same as you. The motivation? To get Pigsback back to the way they were. All comments are welcome.

Thank You.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

They have the cinema tickets again :)

Also when i was clicking through the rewards quite a few other things appeared - pencils, key rings, charity donations etc etc but they were gone again when I clicked again. I suspect that these are currently being uploaded and will appear on the site shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dealmaker4us

Good Stuff. Time to stock up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

sandin wrote: »
    Maybe read the report in full before creating a false alarm.

Waterford castle announced that ALL vouchers, deposits and booking are 100% safe. The Castle itself is owned by nama and the receivership route was taken to protect the business which was operated separately. The castle is now being operated by nama through a receiver and such a statement is a guarantee from nama.

How is it creating a false alarm? These vouchers can be used until the end of the year and there is no guarantee that the company will last that long. It could close down as has happened in receivership cases in the past or it could be sold off and the new company may not honour them (which has also happened in the past!)!

How is it creating a false alarm? These vouchers can be used until the end of the year and there is no guarantee that the company will last that long. It could close down as has happened in receivership cases in the past or it could be sold off and the new company may not honour them (which has also happened in the past!)!

Any issue slike this with these agent sites like pigsback, grabone, livingsocial etc I've always received a refund. I believe they hold your money until the vendor receives the voucher and can then claim payment from the agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭holly8

I know this is off topic but has anyone here used bethrifty.ie in a while ... i tried to get on web site today but looks as if it is gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Does anybody have a code for 10% off?
    The Metropig one isn't working for me and I don't have enough points to get the 10% off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

holly8 wrote: »
    I know this is off topic but has anyone here used bethrifty.ie in a while ... i tried to get on web site today but looks as if it is gone?

Yeah I tried accessing it about 2 weeks ago & got the same thing. I knew I should have used up my credit. Really must get my fatcheese credit, in case anything happens to that too.

Oh, just saw the post about the cinema tickets, gonna stock up so in case they disappear again & get stuck with credit & nothing to use it on. I've 2 tickets here since last year that I haven't used yet though, as usually we go to Tallaght Cinema now or if we're going to Dundrum or Liffey Valley its for a new movie, so we prebook!

Edit - I've just added 2 tickets, but can't see how I check out? Am I blind?

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Yeah I tried accessing it about 2 weeks ago & got the same thing. I knew I should have used up my credit. Really must get my fatcheese credit, in case anything happens to that too.

I was amazed hoe easy Fatcheese was they jsut transfer the money to you via paypal.
    Hopefully Pigsback come up with vouchers or some such to buy their mega deals again.
    SInce they changed it there have been numerous things that i want!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Just a heads up for people who see a hotel deal on Pigsback...

I closed my Pigsback account a good while ago cause I just got sick of them, but every once and a while they do have decent hotel offers on there.
    BUT, instead of buying through Pigsback, I ring the hotel directly and asked them to match the offer without going through pigs back to buy it.

On the three occasions I have done this the hotel agreed and matched the offer. My parents have done it this way too on previous occasions and so has my bro in law. The hotel wins as they dont have to pay any cut of the sale to pigsback and i win cause pigsback dont get any of my money.

Just something to consider.

Access wrote: »

I closed my Pigsback account a good while ago cause I just got sick of them, but every once and a while they do have decent hotel offers on there.
    BUT, instead of buying through Pigsback, I ring the hotel directly and asked them to match the offer without going through pigs back to buy it.

On the three occasions I have done this the hotel agreed and matched the offer. My parents have done it this way too on previous occasions and so has my bro in law. The hotel wins as they dont have to pay any cut of the sale to pigsback and i win cause pigsback dont get any of my money.

good to know! Will the conditions be the same? ie. end date, blakout days/dates etc and will they give you a 70% refund should you fail to use it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

sweetie wrote: »
    good to know! Will the conditions be the same? ie. end date, blakout days/dates etc and will they give you a 70% refund should you fail to use it?

I imagine when you ring them you'll have a date in mind and book it there and then, so the blackout date thing probably doesn't apply. As for refunds, it would probably be the hotel's normal policy (e.g. charged for the first night if you don't give 48 hours' notice, etc.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Vojera wrote: »
    I imagine when you ring them you'll have a date in mind and book it there and then, so the blackout date thing probably doesn't apply. As for refunds, it would probably be the hotel's normal policy (e.g. charged for the first night if you don't give 48 hours' notice, etc.)

Vojera has it correct in one.

You kinda know what dates you want to go anyways normally and its the hotels own cancellation policy which would apply.

On the last hotel deal we did direct with the hotel, we got upgraded when we arrived as a thank you for calling them directly! The receptionist told us it was a family business and the hotel was glad to have the "direct" business without having for fork out a percentage of their sales to group deal companies all the time.

Happy days!

P.s. I cannot understand why anyone would visit the site to click ads all day any more so pigsback can earn money, while you spend 6 months collecting for a cinema ticket or magazine? Even the coupons are useless now - just ask anyone in the couponing forum.

I closed my account a good while ago and wouldn't go back now. Just my own personal opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Is there an expiry date on the cinema tickets, does anyone know? I've ordered two but I have another 7,100 left in points to use up and I'm wary of ordering another 6 tickets in case they have to be used within a short period of time. (But I'm also afraid if I don't use the points right now on the one good reward on the site I'll miss out!) Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,310 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Access wrote: »

I've done this with non-hotel businesses before. Generally if its a small and non-franchise operator doing it they'll be willing to give you the same price as the deal site or even cheaper.

"deal" sites are the scam of the current generation, god knows what's next.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Royal Tara

Yes, I got the radisson spa voucher for the pigsback price too when I rang no problem. Other hotels do it too so ring the hotel direct is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Royal Tara

I saw the cinema tickets to and was thrilled until I went down through the list and nothing for Liemrick/Clare area. 10 of us at work here have thousands of points and nothing to use it on, There is a meal deal in Limerick for 33 euro even though we have 8000 points we only get 6 euro iff and oat 27 not much good is it. Hope they get a reward in this area and we will stack up on them. hope hope

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

One of the cinemas they have listed isn't even open any more :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Is there an expiry date on the cinema tickets, does anyone know? I've ordered two but I have another 7,100 left in points to use up and I'm wary of ordering another 6 tickets in case they have to be used within a short period of time. (But I'm also afraid if I don't use the points right now on the one good reward on the site I'll miss out!) Thanks :)

I have gotten them in the past & I think it's a year or something. Ordered 2 the other day, so waiting to get them in the post, will see if the expiry has gotten shorter.

I know people are fed up with pigsback at the min, but I just went in to do a few 5 point clicks & got 75 points in a few mins. I still only have 656 but at least I am on my way towards another cinema voucher if they don't disappear again.

Advertisement