Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 olddear

It looks like they will be getting new rewards before Christmas, according to their Facebook page. I hope so as I have a lot of points built up and would like to spend them. We will wait and see if they come through with their promise.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

yes but they had being saying that for months:( I was saving up my points for something cool and now they are useless.

Since last June they have been saying there will be extra rewards added. There were. 6 different charaties that you can donate your points to. Of course pigsback take a big commission from your points before they go to the charaties.
    One thing I cannot understand is how is their membership still going up 63000 members.
    Wonder if they deleted all the members who have not signed in for 12 months (as that is the cut off point for loosing your points) how many members would they really have. I have 2 friends in Australia who joined 7 years ago and never signed in since but their membership counts.
    Its a complete rip off. First phone top up went, then the mbna credit card spend went, then all the offers were in Dublin and Kildare. Now u have to spend 80 euro of your own money to use 20 euro worth of points. We all know at 30 points per week how long that will take to collect.
    When will we learn, I wont leave as I wont give them the satisfaction of taking my thousands of points. Once one good offer comes, Im gone.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I think that they maybe delaying the rewards for that reason.
    Once they get some decent ones they wil be gone in minutes and accounts closed.

I for one don't believe they are going to get new rewards as they have been saying for ages on their Facebook page. It's just a delaying tactic, hoping members with a decent amount of points will just go away. There is not much point in buying anything from this site and getting points any more. They have treated their members very badly and making fools of people who ask on their Facebook page about new rewards coming. They spout the same old answer Hi Guys. We are trying to get some rewards. "Thanks, Curly.or You can use your PiggyPoints to get up to 20% off the total price and the rest you can pay for on a card. Thanks, Curly." I feel like screaming when I read this.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

olddear wrote: »
    I for one don't believe they are going to get new rewards as they have been saying for ages on their Facebook page. It's just a delaying tactic, hoping members with a decent amount of points will just go away. There is not much point in buying anything from this site and getting points any more. They have treated their members very badly and making fools of people who ask on their Facebook page about new rewards coming. They spout the same old answer Hi Guys. We are trying to get some rewards. "Thanks, Curly.or You can use your PiggyPoints to get up to 20% off the total price and the rest you can pay for on a card. Thanks, Curly." I feel like screaming when I read this.:mad:
    I closed my account this week once I'd reached 1500 points for a charity donation, rather than leave it to them. Waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Closed my account about 5 months ago - used to be great site but in the last year the rewards and customer service have turned into absolute faeces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,187 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Only two grocery coupons now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

So long Pigsback...Been on it since the first month but grew tired of the spam recently.
    211 points down the drain. (don't think I'd ever be able to use that 1 point from the euro changeover ... should've known that it was going downhill when they pulled their mean conversion rate over us).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭ei9go

Only reward left is for a cinema voucher.

Time to call it a day, I think

• Advertisement

Yes, and I live in Limerick with 3 fab cinemas and none of them included in the deal. I would have to go to Cork for the nearest cinema, how about that. Good riddence pigsback.

Myself and friends have been asking Pigsback for months now will they be getting new rewards and the story changes each time. Maybe if everyone posted a comment on their Facebook page it might shame them into doing something. Really annoyed because we all have over 3000 points.

www.facebook.com/pigsback

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Only two grocery coupons now

Its a joke! they must be going bust or something! Recession hitting hard!

Why do companies still use them for advertising beats me. Almost christmas now and no rewards up to 5 mins ago, we are all being fooled. I see they have 60,000 members wonder how many are active members ??? The same few post on their facebook page and get the same copy and pasted reply.

So sick of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,310 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If anything I'm getting an increased number of emails asking me to do surveys for (useless) points from them. Dumped 6000 on to Concern there. Not even sure I can be bothered trying to get the few hundred I need to get another 1500.

What about everyone starting to email companies who advertise on pigsback asking them why they are paying for piggypoints and pointing out that there are no rewards to use the piggy points for.

Why would the like of o2 pay to give out piggypoints that you can't get anything for.

Lets start contacting the advertising companies ans see what happens.

I've started the ball rolling.

I have contacted o2 on boards.

Lets contact everyone who advertises on Pigsback.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057097568&goto=newpost&zxf=1386169559

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭georgem25

ei9go wrote: »
    I've started the ball rolling.

I have contacted o2 on boards.

Lets contact everyone who advertises on Pigsback.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057097568&goto=newpost&zxf=1386169559

I copied your post to vodafone on boards

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057097860

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

All rewards are now gone, only option is spend the points on the megadeals.

I see Pigsback have deleted all the comments on their Facebook page that people passed about their lack of rewards. If they are going to continue to delete these comments maybe pass a comment on the Facebook pages of Pigsback advertisers. What annoys me is that Pigsback said they would be getting more rewards, when all along they were making fools of me and many of my friends that have been long time members. I went in today and un liked them on their Facebook page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Bombard the pigsback facebook page with questions about rewards!!!!

I just post asking about rewards every so often.
    It would be great if we could get their gift vouchers with our points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

I see they omitted to delete this one (shows as a quick link in Google).

SO disillusioned with Pigsback now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭lachin

I used my few points back In sept to get that Irish parenting mag... never got it.... Emailed them no reply either!

ha I added a voucher to my cart in the off chance I could pay with points but never bought it and got a presumably automated e-mail from their customer service team asking could they help. hahahahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Moonbeam wrote: »
    ha I added a voucher to my cart in the off chance I could pay with points but never bought it and got a presumably automated e-mail from their customer service team asking could they help. hahahahahahaha

I have gotten this email every time I go to "buy" a offer.

Do they still give extra points each month for the VIP members? I haven't in a long time.

michellie wrote: »
    I have gotten this email every time I go to "buy" a offer.

Do they still give extra points each month for the VIP members? I haven't in a long time.

No the last points they credited for that were in Dec. '12 and it stopped thereafter. Instead you are now treated as a "Very Ignored Person" - wonderful new policy I must say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Libera wrote: »
    No the last points they credited for that were in Dec. '12 and it stopped thereafter. Instead you are now treated as a "Very Ignored Person" - wonderful new policy I must say!

Yes, I wondered why a google search brought up nothing for me. Unreal.

I got blocked on Facebook by them for enquiring about rewards - very customer friendly! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Libera wrote: »
    I got blocked on Facebook by them for enquiring about rewards - very customer friendly! :mad:

Why are people even bothering to try to engage with them. they've been treating their members like dirt for the last year - just close ye're accounts and encourage everyone you know to do the same.

Advertisement