Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Why are people even bothering to try to engage with them
    Just to highlight the issue to anyone who may be able to see and hopefully they will take the comments on board.

Got blocked myself from their FB page - first time ever a pig got the better of me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭ei9go

And only one coupon left as well.

Everyone should stop clicking to collect the piggypoints and that will hit them in the pocket as they can't charge their advertisers for the points.

Also email their advertisers and tell them that piggypoints no longer have any value.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

I too have been blocked from their Facebook page for repeatedly asking the same question about rewards; I was not in any way abusive. I have been with them since they started in 2000. Shoddy customer service. :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have not been blocked and I never click on the 5 point ads anymore and do not do surveys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

Pigsback member for 11 years here, closing my account. Sickened at their behavior. Shame on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭sassyj

Are they still saying, more rewards to come, or is the discount it now? Considering you can pick up discount codes for most websites, the 15% if hardly a "reward". If they confirm no rewards coming, i'm closing my account, pure bs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

I cant see a single Reward on the website expect for the pathetic discount against a deal. Even just the cinema vouchers were fine to collect.

Joke of website now. Just purely another Groupon site now and i hope they flop if they continue that crap.

I also see there is 1 grocery voucher now. There used to be up to around 10 of them.

Yes Im blocked from facebook too for asking about rewards. thats how the only comments that will show will be favourable. what a scam. Their advertisers should read the comments here before paying to advertise with them. I have 5000 points and can get nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dos1965

I had 4501 points, just gave them to Jack & Jill, €30 euro equivalent. Best thing to do and just closed my account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Can you not use the points to buy the deals anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 olddear

ei9go wrote: »
    And only one coupon left as well.

Everyone should stop clicking to collect the piggypoints and that will hit them in the pocket as they can't charge their advertisers for the points.

Also email their advertisers and tell them that piggypoints no longer have any value.

Is that true if you click to collect points that the advertisers are charged, because I am still clicking to collect points every week to bring my account up to a certain amount of reward points so I can spend to give to
    one of the charity's on pigsback.

Ideo wrote: »
    Can you not use the points to buy the deals anymore?

Why not ask this on Pigsback Facebook page and see what answer they will give you. Let me guess :rolleyes: ........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

I just went back to the start of my piggybank, looks like I'm a member there since 26th Sept 2000. I remember you could trade your points for a playstation 2 at one point!

I just went back to the start of my piggybank, looks like I'm a member there since 26th Sept 2000. I remember you could trade your points for a playstation 2 at one point!

Indeed you could; I even remember that green fees at the K Club were available for 40,000 Piggypoints! I got my first points on August 5, 2000.

I found my posting privileges mysteriously reinstated on their Facebook page today. :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have over 9000 as I was saving to get myself something awesome.

And we have to spend money to use them. Such a daft system! :rolleyes:

Don't forget if you close your account to unlike them on FB as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Did anybody on here order the make up kit that was on the offers page a few weeks ago? Ordered it on the 29th Nov and still not got it!

Edit: never mind, got it this eve by courier.

dos1965 wrote: »
    I had 4501 points, just gave them to Jack & Jill, €30 euro equivalent. Best thing to do and just closed my account.

Just did the same, happy account is closed now, they are just messers.

Well you can use 9000 points as 15% of your deal, and pay the 85% yourself in cash, but that is not the point of the whole thing, we just loved collecting points and getting freebies. They have no rewards now just the max if 15%. so on a €100 deal u pay €85 and pigsback vouchers pay €15 what a joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

When did they change from 20% to 15%. Always minimising the value of piggypoints. Wish they'd give an acknowledgement of the charity donation in an email or something or even reported how much each charity got each month from members

When did they change from 20% to 15%. Always minimising the value of piggypoints. Wish they'd give an acknowledgement of the charity donation in an email or something or even reported how much each charity got each month from members

Reading on their facebook page it looks like there will be no new rewards coming. I am thinking of donating my points to charity as well, but wondering do the charity actually get the donation because you cannot believe what pigsback say anymore:mad: I find grabone.ie a far better site.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭doohey

After 10 years I've just cancelled my Pigsback.com membership.. No loss :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭alksander

They have also started to randomly discard points.

PiggyPoints Expiry
    3 Month Inactivity: 31 Mar 2013 -355

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭crayon80

I'd ask them on facebook for the craic except I've unliked them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

crayon80 wrote: »
    I'd ask them on facebook for the craic except I've unliked them

Sure they'd probably just delete the question anyway. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

I gave up on Pigsback a few months ago someone earlier on in this thread advised people to cash in their piggy points before it was too late I got 40 euro in leisureplex vouchers at the time glad I did that now , Pigsback is a waste of time now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Pigsback is really ****e now. I want to donate to charity but I only have 945 points and they are hardly giving away any points now so it'll take ages... :(

I was only on it to save the points and get xtravision vouchers (yes I helped destroy thier business).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Just saw them saying to someone on their facebook page that they've done away with the option to donate to charity now.

"Thanks for your comment. We no longer have the option to donate your PiggyPoints to charity as we support a number of charities throughout the year ourselves. Thanks and Happy New Year, Curly."

Edit: the donate to charity option still seems to be available on the site though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Just saw them saying to someone on their facebook page that they've done away with the option to donate to charity now.
    "Thanks for your comment. We no longer have the option to donate your PiggyPoints to charity as we support a number of charities throughout the year ourselves. Thanks and Happy New Year, Curly."

FFS well no motivation for me to continue so. I was going to persevere and give the voucher to Jack and Jill. Happy New Year Curly you really are a pig after all.

Advertisement