Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Thanks for that update on the charity thing. Was waiting until I got 3000 before I cleaned them out and closed my account but dumped 1500 now. Never got much of the website but it's still pretty obvious that it has deteriorated significantly over the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

They've done awful damage to themselves. Even if they reversed every bad move I wouldn't reopen an account with them. Such a fall from grace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Withdrawing the support of members from charities is a disgrace, taking Pigsback's selfishness to a new level - basically admitting they're making more commission from deals than charity donations and hoping folk stop closing their accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,310 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Presumably pulled due to a massive outflow of points (and hence cash) to the charities going on the last few pages on here. I emptied mine out to Concern a while back, or as much as they'd let me empty anyway.

Their 2013 accounts will be interesting - seems they've been making small profits after some hideous losses booked in previous years - wouldn't be surprised if those were the costs of the failed UK and Maltese (I think? It was a long time ago) versions of the site.

https://www.duedil.com/company/IE320005/empathy-marketing-limited/financials

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

If there's anyone else who was interested in donating to charity via Pigsback would you mind sending me a quick pm?

Thanks, ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭alksander

cloudatlas wrote: »
    FFS well no motivation for me to continue so. I was going to persevere and give the voucher to Jack and Jill. Happy New Year Curly you really are a pig after all.

I gave my points to charity yesterday (wonder if it actually reaches the charity?) and closed my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

Just saw them saying to someone on their facebook page that they've done away with the option to donate to charity now.

"Thanks for your comment. We no longer have the option to donate your PiggyPoints to charity as we support a number of charities throughout the year ourselves. Thanks and Happy New Year, Curly."

Edit: the donate to charity option still seems to be available on the site though?

Indeed it is!
    http://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/240/1398.aspx?pbq=2128%2c2128%2cVOVRW

Just donated as many points (a few thousand) as I could. I shall be making contact to ensure that the donation has been/will be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 olddear

I was going to donate my points to a charity and then close my account. Cannot even do that now. How miserable and mean can a company get. Swines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

I saw them earlier mentioning boards.ie, they must be keeping up to date with this thread. Hi pigsback!!

The latest:

"Hi guys. No offense intended. You just can not donate PiggyPoints to charity anymore. We are committed to a number of charities for 2014 who benefit from our profits. @alfiedwyer have you donated to charity? If so please private mail me and I will arrange for you to get a receipt. Thanks,Curly."

I would be suspicious about any points donated since this change in policy occurred, whenever that was, as they don't believe in communicating! Odd that they leave the charities link live though, isn't it! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I saw them earlier mentioning boards.ie, they must be keeping up to date with this thread. Hi pigsback!!

If they were keeping up with this thread they'd realise just how disgruntled folk have been since the summer with their so-called "improvements"! They can try to silence disapproval on Facebook but not here at least! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Just saw this. Only yesterday 1/1/14 I donated 6000 pts (40€) and closed my account.

No accountability for the donation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Can't believe they are still around. They shot their credibility totally in the summer so not surprised they have gone down this route at all. At this stage close your accounts and unlike them on Facebook and deny them any further publicity, they are a dying brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

How do people know their charity donation reaches the charity?

brightkane wrote: »
    How do people know their charity donation reaches the charity?

Blind faith (i.e. you don't!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭nitros7

Thats me done with them. Hope Jack and Jill actually get the donations!
    No failth in anything they promise anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭sassyj

Anyone know what the cut off dates for donating points to charity was? I wonder did any of the charities receive any donations?

sassyj wrote: »
    Anyone know what the cut off dates for donating points to charity was? I wonder did any of the charities receive any donations?

Well, they said you could no longer donate points on Dec. 31, only after someone asked could they have a receipt, so goodness knows when they made a decision prior to that! Then they left all the donation links live for a further 7 days, which were only removed on Jan. 6. Something very odd about that delay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I asked on the Facebook page about charity donations

brightkane wrote: »
    I asked on the Facebook page about charity donations

Good job you did too, as otherwise the rest of us would be none the wiser.

They should have removed the donation links on the day they confirmed points donations were no longer possible....and actually communicating it to Members in the first place would have been helpful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im banned from the FB page so cant ask any more awkward questions :(

muffler wrote: »
    Im banned from the FB page so cant ask any more awkward questions :(

I have recently developed multiple personalities, so banning doesn't keep me down! :cool:

Just saw this. Only yesterday 1/1/14 I donated 6000 pts (40€) and closed my account.

No accountability for the donation

I'd ask them for a receipt and confirm it with charity.
    Glorified groupon site trying to pretend it's not. Major PR fail Pigsback.

http://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/49/278.aspx?pbq=462,462,VOVFL
    Curly, the Pigsback.com mascot, brings members their personalised home page and emails, provided they have been selected by members. Members earn PiggyPoints which are easy to exchange for rewards. The Pigsback.com community is a vibrant, active community, with members actively submitting cinema reviews, travel reviews, recipes and much more, for each other's benefit.

Eh no, they're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Can I transfer my points to another users account? I don't have enough for any rewards, I want to close my account as I can't save the points and I can't donate to charity. Seems a shame for the points to go to waste all that tedious time spent clicking on adverts that I never read wasted.

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Can I transfer my points to another users account? I don't have enough for any rewards, I want to close my account as I can't save the points and I can't donate to charity. Seems a shame for the points to go to waste all that tedious time spent clicking on adverts that I never read wasted.

Afraid not as contrary to their terms - mind they don't even bother following those themselves it seems i.e. no notification to users through website of changes to points policy etc., etc.

Its worse they are getting, I am banned too as I askled an awkward question so are 3 of the office staff here,. we cant use our points only for 15% of a reward and pay 85% ourselves. That was never the point of joining pigsback. a complete sham.

Take to Twitter!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Feck that. I closed my account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

Deleted my account too, they really messed up!

Pretty sure I opened that account about 13 years ago!

Advertisement