Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 olddear

I went in to make a purchase using some of my Piggypoints. I could not do this so reversed out. A <name removed> then sent me an email asking why I did not continue with my purchase. I replied to her telling her that I attempted to make a purchase using some of my Piggypoints but could not do so. <name removed> did not even bother to respond to my reply. instead I got somebody by the name of <name removed> who sen me the most condescending and dismissive standard response. They have total contempt for their loyal members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

olddear wrote: »
    I went in to make a purchase using some of my Piggypoints. I could not do this so reversed out. A <name removed> then sent me an email asking why I did not continue with my purchase. I replied to her telling her that I attempted to make a purchase using some of my Piggypoints but could not do so. <Name removed> did not even bother to respond to my reply. instead I got somebody by the name of <name removed> who sen me the most condescending and dismissive standard response. They have total contempt for their loyal members.

I got same email last couple of times I didn't finish the purchase, it's just an automated email.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

They have a 'deal' today imo
    €7 for 16GB SDHC Memory Card (Class 10)
    http://offers.pigsback.com/offer/115271?pb_aid=MDP&pb_cid=b9c097c4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

snubbleste wrote: »
    They have a 'deal' today imo
    €7 for 16GB SDHC Memory Card (Class 10)
    http://offers.pigsback.com/offer/115271?pb_aid=MDP&pb_cid=b9c097c4
    ****ing hate that geeneeweene site that it's sold through. The only reason the site was created was to put high prices on crap that's sold on deal sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

I'm ripping, pigsback cant even be bothered to delivery their goods on time now even though you pay an extra 10euro for delivery!

Last month I saw a deal which I thought wasn't back, 49euro for a 'Dozen Roses, Aine Handmade Chocolates and a heart-shaped balloon, delivered!' It states on the terms and conditions that this will be delivered 'by the 14th' which as everyone knows is valentines day! I gave the work address as I knew my partner would be there yet it didn't come at all yesterday. Not even as much as a phone call to state they wouldn't be coming!

As you can imagine I'm not in the good books now even though I arranged this purchase last month.

Pigsback really let me down on this one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kitchenkid

o dear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Not good! Put your comments in on their Facebook page - they like feedback! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

sassyj wrote: »
    I'd ask them for a receipt and confirm it with charity.

I did. In the reply (forwarded to me), their representative was told to "go back and say that we don’t issue individual receipts for people that donate their PiggyPoints. At the end of every 3 month period we make a donation to each charity from the accumulated PiggyPoints from our members. The charity then sends us a “Thank You” email to say they have received our donation to the value of the donation."

How things have changed. I remember when it was a brilliant site and you could get great rewards and money off coupons. Also you were able to use 100% of piggy points to buy something :(

http://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/755/3966.aspx?pbq=9018%2C9018%2CVOVSP

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Even if they have an awesome deal on their site I can not bring myself to spend any money with them at all.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Even if they have an awesome deal on their site I can not bring myself to spend any money with them at all.

Pigsback have some interesting offers on at the moment on their site and IF I could use all of my points or even 50% and adding some cash to the offer I might consider buying a deal but otherwise I wouldn't bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

does this website still exist ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,186 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

falabo wrote: »
    does this website still exist ??

Yes but rewards are gone

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

anytime i see a post added here I wonder wow do they actually have a bargain on Pigsback and have they actually brought back reward points being useful.
    Sadly the answer still seems to be no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Pigsback is useless now. I only ever collected points to get free cinema tickets and that's gone now. Really disappointing.

I no longer bother with this site and many of my friends are the exact same. Whats the point in collecting piggypoints if you cannot use all of them when buying one of their Pigsback Mega Deals. It would take me forever to use up all the points I have collected over time. 5% 10% or 15% is just not good enough. If I could use 50% I would probably buy something. They withdrew the rewards and the facility of using all of your points much too quickly. Shame as it was good fun collecting the points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

The offers these days seem to be rubbish. It used to be great for going for a good cheap Sunday lunch and then heading to he cinema. Haven't seen any decent deals in ages. 'tis a shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

A complete waste of time but they still seem to be able to get brands to sign up. The process of earning piggypoints is still quite good but then they are completely worthless!!!!

I notice they now have even killed the link to " contact us" on their website. All the appearances of a business about to go under?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Wow, are they still going?
    Hardly a ba anymore. Maybe a mod could put this thread out of its misery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭maniac2003

I have nearly 20000 points tried to get some resolution off them..no joy....yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

I stopped going near them once they finished the cinema vouchers. I have 1000 points now which are fairly useless now.

Stupid me bought a voucher and a few weeks after Pigsback emailed with new terms and conditions i.e. a supplement has to be paid along with the voucher :mad: idiot me for trying to get a good cheap voucher deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Stupid me bought a voucher and a few weeks after Pigsback emailed with new terms and conditions i.e. a supplement has to be paid along with the voucher :mad: idiot me for trying to get a good cheap voucher deal

Is pigsback still going? Thought it'd have bit the dust by now.

Is pigsback still going? Thought it'd have bit the dust by now.

Yep it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sadly it is
    FYP :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Might come handy for some people that still has points and didn't know how to expend them, but only valid for Movies@Dundrum or Movies@Swords so only valid if in Dublin.

I removed the link as could be unique, just check your inbox for email.

Hi Nava

We have a limited number of cinema passes for use at Movies@Dundrum or Movies@Swords that we are releasing as rewards for a limited period.

The pass admits 1 adult to any 2D film and will cost you 2,000 PiggyPoints per ticket. You can apply for up to 4 tickets provided you have enough PiggyPoints. The passes must be used on or before April 30 2015.

If you would like to cash in some of your PiggyPoints please complete the form below providing...

1. Your registered Pigsback.com email address

2. The address you want the ticket(s) posted to

3. The number of tickets you want

This promotion expires next Tuesday March 31 23:59. The points will be deducted from your account and the tickets will be posted out the following day.

Terms & Conditions

This offer is on a first-come, first-served basis so tickets are not guaranteed. Cinema passes only valid at Movies@Dundrum or Movies@Swords. Cannot be used to book online. Entry is subject to film and seat availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Acara

olddear wrote: »
    Reading on their facebook page it looks like there will be no new rewards coming. I am thinking of donating my points to charity as well, but wondering do the charity actually get the donation because you cannot believe what pigsback say anymore:mad: I find grabone.ie a far better site.

What charities do pigsback make donations to??

cloudatlas wrote: »
    FFS well no motivation for me to continue so. I was going to persevere and give the voucher to Jack and Jill. Happy New Year Curly you really are a pig after all.

Wonder how Curly has managed to pay all his investors back. Wasn't he going on about the millions people were too happy to 'invest'. But sure England was a joke Canada worse still.

• Advertisement

brightkane wrote: »
    How do people know their charity donation reaches the charity?

The CEO of pigsback is/was a board member of a major Irish charity that don't you know he only got through using family connection 'networking'. Could be a conflict of interest here so maybe should be checked out I have seen him pushing his own freebies under their banner.

Advertisement