Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback.com

1656667686971»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭westliferule

Hi Guys,

I am just a little curious about pigsback.com I ordered a item for my sister for Christmas on the 30th of August and still have not received it I emailed them back mid last month and they said there was a mix up with the delivery and they would send me out another blanket which i never received has anybody else had this problem and what is peoples opinion on this website how reliable is it or is it a scam?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,186 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If anyone still on the site

http://www.pigsback.com/en-ie/offer/287612

€10.99 for Mystery Gadget Lucky Dip - iPad Mini, JVC 40inch TV, Amazon Echo and More Up for Grabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If anyone still on the site

http://www.pigsback.com/en-ie/offer/287612

€10.99 for Mystery Gadget Lucky Dip - iPad Mini, JVC 40inch TV, Amazon Echo and More Up for Grabs
    Just had a look at that and out of 1000 items that will be sold only 5 are worth more than the purchase price. 5 out of 1000 people will receive either the TV, tablet, Echo, camcorder or iPad if indeed they are to be believed. The other 995 will receive a piece of rubbish such as a power bank, mini drone or earphones with most of those available online for a few euros. Its also a fiver extra for delivery so taking all that into account I'll give it a by.

From their website .........
    There are 1,000 items available. There is 1 of each of the following items available: JVC LT-40C750, SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab, AMAZON Echo, GOPRO HERO Session Action Camcorder & APPLE iPad Mini. 400 customers will receive a Pebble Ministick Power Bank. 400 customers will receive a Thumps Up Mini Drone, 195 customers will receive Veho Z2 Earphones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

muffler wrote: »
    Just had a look at that and out of 1000 items that will be sold only 5 are worth more than the purchase price. 5 out of 1000 people will receive either the TV, tablet, Echo, camcorder or iPad if indeed they are to be believed. The other 995 will receive a piece of rubbish such as a power bank, mini drone or earphones with most of those available online for a few euros. Its also a fiver extra for delivery so taking all that into account I'll give it a by.

From their website .........

A complete waste of money You're better off sending Stevie Wonder into Dealz with a fiver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Hi Guys,

I am just a little curious about pigsback.com I ordered a item for my sister for Christmas on the 30th of August and still have not received it I emailed them back mid last month and they said there was a mix up with the delivery and they would send me out another blanket which i never received has anybody else had this problem and what is peoples opinion on this website how reliable is it or is it a scam?

Thanks

I ordered their battery deal they had before Xmas, still no batteries & still none the wiser as to if or when I'll get them.
    Absolute joke of a site, would never buy off it again :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Acara

Did you contact them. They have to give you a refund.

Acara wrote: »
    Did you contact them. They have to give you a refund.

Yeah I've been back & forth with them, the situation is still 'open'

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭stickinikki

I've bought stuff from pigsback.ie twice now. First time there was a huge delay. Second time...also a huge delay. I ordered a duvet which arrived about 3 weeks/a month later. It wasn't as advertised so I got back to them and complained. In fairness, their customer service was very quick to respond to me, and kept in constant contact, but it took another month before I got the replacement duvet. They also sent me a refund. Now all of this did require me badgering them for a bit but in the heel of the hunt I now have two duvets and my money back!

Basically, I'd never again order something from them that I need in a hurry.

What does "open"mean?

Acara wrote: »
    What does "open"mean?

You open up a ticket (complaint) with them, it stays open until the problem is solved or you close it.

• Advertisement

Thanks for explaining thought it would be as easy as giving a refund and sending on your item as ordered or a substitute item. Seems like a chaotic way to do business and I see Pigsback.com have bought out Dealsrush.ie and Justgolf.ie so must be doing something right. Anyway hope you get sorted.

Refurbished 13.3" Apple MacBook A1181 with 12 Month Warranty from €159.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,310 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Refurbished 13.3" Apple MacBook A1181 with 12 Month Warranty from €159.99

Ten to THIRTEEN years old. Can't run recent operating systems or software. Extremely slow on the latest version

Not a bargain in the slightest, they go for 50 quid on eBay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

L1011 wrote: »
    Ten to THIRTEEN years old. Can't run recent operating systems or software. Extremely slow on the latest version

Not a bargain in the slightest, they go for 50 quid on eBay.

Good doorstop lol

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Marketing BS. Certainly no bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭woodyman

After you spin, a message flashes up that the competition is not live yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭odddavey

woodyman wrote: »
    Have u tried a different browser. I tried the built in browser on my Huawei and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭R11

I got that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

That promotion/competition is finished since the 25th I believe! You can still access the URL to spin the wheel, but I guess that's why the pop-up saying the competition isn't Live is appearing after you win something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,569 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I got that as well.
    Won 2 short breaks, then got that message.

Discount Code: SURVEY0428
    Discount Value: *€10 Off

T&C's: Discount code must be used by 02/05/2021. Max. 1 redemption per member. Min. spend €100. *Exclusions apply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭raclle

Anyone know how good the refurbished phones are from this crowd? I'm looking at getting this S9

Advertisement