Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VNC and Netopia Wireless Router

• 02-10-2005 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi,

I am trying to connect to a PC behind an Eircom Netopia Router (3347nwg). As far as I can see from the manuel it only can be configured via a telnet connection. Does anybody know if it is possible to open ports for incoming connections and do a port-forward? Is there maybe a webinterface to the router ? I am in Germany so I am not in front of the PC. Any advice welcome.

Rolo who doesnt play polo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

this is possible by forwarding the ports required by VNC to your local IP address on the router. www.portforward.com shud tell ya how for your router

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

open port 5900 if you want to use the vnc app. if you want to use a web browser open port 5800 & 5900.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net should have support on this.

The netopias call it a "pinhole". As far as I remembers the section can be found on the router config page under expert mode > yes to warning > configuration > NAT

Advertisement