Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I tell him?

• 02-10-2005 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've been going out with a guy for a few weeks now, and I really really like him. We were friends before we started going out so we have a good basis for our relationship. I'm away from home at the moment and when I get back, I really want to sleep with him. I'm 18 and he's a couple of years older. The thing is, i'm a virgin. Now, I'm sure I want to sleep with him, so that doesn't need to be discussed, but should I tell him that I'm a virgin? And if I should, when should I do it? Soon, so he has time to get used to the idea, or wait until I see him? Or should I just not mention it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Tell him you're a virgin. Worst case scenario, he gets a boner.

Seriously, I've been there!

Stop worrying :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

He will love it beleive me , the thoughts of you not been with anyone before him , will do loads for his ego .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

dublindude wrote:
    Worst case scenario, he gets a boner.
    lol, so true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

Best to be honest, and say it, or it will wrack your head..
    You’ll have nothing to worry about..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Yeah just come out with it. It no big deal and he will appreciate you being honest. The propect of your virginity might excite him too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Is it really an issue if you're a virgin?. Let's face it, your fear is that he'll be pissed off/reject you if you're a virgin, if he is pissed off/upset you're a virgin after he finds out, he's immature and you'll have found this out. Why do you honestly think being a virgin would be a problem?, do you think he'd rather you'd have slept with 30/40 men?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

dublindude wrote:
    Worst case scenario, he gets a boner.

HAHA. +1 vote for this being true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

tell him. he'll appreciate the honesty. Even better, he'll know you have no-one to compare him with, he'll love it.

Have fun ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Yeah I can't see this being a problem somehow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for the replies! I'm gonna tell him, but how soon should I do it? I won't be home for another 10 days or so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Faye

I agree that you should tell him. If it were me though, I would wait until we met face to face and I knew for certain that I still felt the same about wanting to sleep with him. Sometimes we are forced into situations by our earlier actions and our judgment, on the night so to speak, can be come clouded. Take your time, if you still feel the same when you two meet in 10 days then that will be time enough for you to share what you feel comfortable with.

For a woman, sleeping with a man for the first time can be, though not always, very emotional and involved. We may have pre-conceived notions of what it should be like and for many of us sharing our body comes hand and hand with sharing our heart. If you trust this man and you feel safe and comfortable with him then things will work out grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i see no reason not to tell him, but wait till you see him to say it to him, its not the kinda thing you want to tell someone via text or phone call, think you'd like to see his reaction when you say it.

best of luck

-Femmy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I think you're right. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Illegal Alien

Dump him and give me your phone number.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Dump him and give me your phone number.

one more comment like that and you're banned
    read this forums charter
    B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Illegal Alien

Beruthiel wrote:
    one more comment like that and you're banned
    read this forums charter
    B

Sorry :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Tell him so he can prepare by getting a large amount of lube, so that you don't shup up shop like a hungry clam after 20 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Sifo

tell him when the MOMENT arrives, if he's considerate he'll take it easy and try to make it as enjoyable as possible for you..
    the other option is to tell him sooner and give him time to prepare something special... you only lose it once so it should mean everything...

yes, i'm a sentimental old fool... :rolleyes:

good luck ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Tbh, you should only tell him if "you" want to tell him. You are not obliged to tell, much in the same way other people aren't obliged to tell their latest fling how many people they have slept with in the past.

Although telling him will take some of the pressure off yourself as you won't feel the burden that you have to perform.

But I honestly think you are worrying about nothing. He most definitely won't think any less of you for being a virgin, on the contrary. When you do tell him just make sure it's not by text. Just tell him when the 2 of you are together.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Tell him quite literally Just before you do the dirty deed/just after the foreplay. Cause that way you know your definitely be ready and he hasn't tried to push you to do anything.

And if hes a good bloke will go gentle wit you and take time and make it a worth while and very sensual experience.

Cause you tell him before you want to have sex, he will want it quicker and try and push you into it. He will see you as clay ready to be molded into wat ever he likes.

Ps do it sober first time you wont regret it, you only loose your virginity once

• Advertisement
Advertisement