Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank transfer

Options
  • 02-10-2005 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Here's my situation. I want to buy something on the internet but I don't have a credit card. The person I'm buying the stuff from has given me his bank account number to transfer the funds to but it's in Canada. When I went into the bank I was told that it would cost €20 when it leaves Ireland and €20 when It arrives in Canada. TBH this is way to expensive imho because I only want to send €200. Is there anyway to get my money into his bank account without having to pay the €40 charge? Thanks, Damien

edit: I've bought stuff from this fella previously with my parents credit card so I know he's alright. I can't use the card though because I've moved away from home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Not really, international transfers cost a lot via the banking system. Western Union might be an option, but again the charges on that may rule it out as an option if it's a small value item.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Lyre61

I use Ulster bank and the charge for an EFT to either europe or the state is 51 cent providing you can let it take a day ot two to transfer. There is a charge the other side and that would depend on the other bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

hmmm Ulster Bank... does anyone know if there is one in Cork??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Lyre61 wrote:
    I use Ulster bank and the charge for an EFT to either europe or the state is 51 cent providing you can let it take a day ot two to transfer. There is a charge the other side and that would depend on the other bank.
    Only with the EU.

How about PayPal and a www.3v.ie card? (I'm not sure if they work together)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Well international transfers isn't the best description

Seem as he was discussing Canada, I thought it was a bit of a given..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Try the www.3v.ie and www.paypal.ie options as mentioned above :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

There is an Ulster Bank on the SOuth Mall (Grand Parade End)

hey thanks for all the replies. He is after giving me an english account so that makes it a lot easier :) I was looking at those 3v cards but I am only aware of places to top it up in Dublin. Are you able to do it outside Dublin?

• Advertisement

ok just had a look at this and from my reading it says that a transfer to an EU country costs €0.51, it then takes about 2 days to arrive. Is this correct because above it on page 2 it says an outward payment costs minimum €19.05. So will it cost me €19.56 or just €0.51 to send a bit of money to an EU country. I'lll be going into the bank either way on Friday but I'd just like to have an idea of how much I'm going to spend. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

€19.05 is for same day transfer. €0.51 is for two working day transfer.

yahey all is well. Thanks for the reply

Advertisement