Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco Pix 506 with 1 IP

• 10-09-2001 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to set up a Cisco Pix 506 with just one available IP? In other words, the same IP for "outside" and in the global pool?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

cisco pix's come with a big ass manual - with loads of pages of examples at the back - read that and find out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Well, if I was to read the manual it might take me all of two weeks... anyone who's gotten one of these will know how huge they are.

I just want a simple answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I have, and you dont have to read every page! thats that the table of contents is for :rolleyes:

Its hard to answer your question not knowing your network config. Its its just an office firewall its no bother at all, no NAT, no second interface etc etc. You have IP 'a' and behind it is your office - in front is the internet. The firewall blocks as much or as little as you want from getting through from a to b

Advertisement