Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Modems

• 02-10-2005 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

I'm on Eircom's broadband package and using the Netopia modem that was provided with it, and till now I have been satisfied with everything. I recently bought a new laptop, so I decided to go for a Cable & Wireless ADSL wireless modem from Argos, and followed the basic set-up from the CD provided. I only got to the first basic set-up area, which was to enter my ISP username and password, which I did, but it just won’t save, the same window pops up, asking me to enter my ISP info. I looked at the one page instruction manual and it should save and then ask to reboot, but nothing’s happening.

I researched a bit about modems, and changed some of the settings, according to what the Eircom support page had on 3rd party modems.... but still the same problem. :confused:
    Any advice on how to get it up and running would be great thanks! :)

Advertisement