Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook 2000 forms

• 10-09-2001 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

yes, yet another complete bastard of a problem I've been given to mull over.

The task: Design an interactive form.

no problems. a bit of html and tadaaaa!.. well, not quite as it has to be completely interactive from both ends and store the information for printing and resending. Without CGI, I don't know how to do that - don't even know with CGI, but I heard it can be done :)

My solution:

Create a custom form in outlook that goes into a public folder, viewable adn editable by all, and mail updates sent to the tech team and the requestor.

snag 1. there are options buttons on the form adn the all keep defaulting to the same field <this is advertised as a strength of the form editor, but I can't find where to divide and allocate teh options to different fields>.. ie: option 1; client specific or not specific : option 2, client dependant or not dependant.

all go into the one field so that instead of two out of 4 I can only choose one.

I know, there are easier ways, personally I'd use a drop down to select yes or no, or a tick box but this is what was ordered by the boss....

snag2: it is required of me to include a drop down menu type thingy so that peeps can select the date rather than type it...<me looks around for large blunt instrument> I don't know how to do this and can't find a tool for it.

snag 3: each form has two views right: an edit view and a read view.

can I just copy the entire laout for the edit view onto the read view and change a few labels? The reader and sender are supposed to be seeing the exact same stuff and hopefully it can be printed out as well.

snag 4: anyone know how to do a table in the form? With each cell a seperate text box? There's something like 2-300 initial boxes on the form and I really don't want to have to individually edit each one's properties! - after I lazily copy and paste the basic options....

any help would be appreciated..

PS. still can't install fonts in win2k!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Hi,
    I have an electronic book about Programming Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft exchange. Would this be any use to you ? Its about 10MB in size though. If you have a fast connection I can put it up on a website and you can download it.

Let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

sounds good!

let me know where and when.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Originally posted by yellum
    Hi,
    I have an electronic book about Programming Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft exchange. Would this be any use to you ? Its about 10MB in size though. If you have a fast connection I can put it up on a website and you can download it.

Let me know.

Let me know too if you don't mind...

ahem.

anyone else ? Right I'll send u a private message with the details tomorrow. I printed off 250 pages of it today and its very interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

For the date, have three drop down lists, day, month and year... whatever values are likely to be needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Can I get a copy as well please ?

nope, offer is no over, see your private messages

Advertisement