Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poor Quality from NTL using LCD TV

• 03-10-2005 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi- I am experiencing awful quality reception on my Philips 30" LCD from my NTL Digital Box. It is connected using a Scartlead set to RGB output, but the quality is poorer than normal TV transmitted through the composite lead and DVD isn't much better using a Scart connection. I have played a DVD through my laptop on the TV using a VGA connection and the quality is perfect -exactly what I'm looking for. The problem is that the NTL (Pace) box only has Scart outputs. Does anyone know how I can get a decent quality digital signal transmitted from my NTL box to the TV. Is there an aftermarket box I can buy with VGA output (or DVI)? I would consider changing to SKY Digital if it came with a box with a VGA output! Any suggestions? [Sorry if this has been answered before -I'm new to the forum]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aislinghoward

Have same problem. UPC Engineer came out said problem was scart connection on my TV not the UPC Box or the scart cable. This is correct as when I play DVD or connect Laptop to TV using HDMI Picture is perfect. Only way to fix problem is to purchase a UPC box with HDMI Euro 60 plus Euro 5 extra each month.
    I tried purchasing a Scart to HDMI converter from MAPLIN Euro 50 - didnt work was crap - picture quality was worse. Would be expensive to get Scart connection on TV fixed so only option is to pay extra to UPC.

Advertisement