Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloody impossible to login/logout

• 10-09-2001 4:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

I dont suppose Cloud you might be able to make it so that we can log in and out of the boards easily,

Today I came to the pc here in the cafe where I linger, only to find that when I tried to post, I was already logged in as kaids, When trying to logout, it took me about 5 minutes to find the very very VERY small "log out" link at the bottom of some page somewhere.

Same goes for logging in, the only way so far ive found of getting in is by going to User Control panel, or by going to post a new message, Just a simple button thats at the top right somewhere which says "log in/out" and will know if you are logged in or not. Is this possible ?

Also, Is there some form of expiry on the cookies ? Do they last for ever ? If I log in at a pc here and go on holidays to honilulu and then come back, would I still be logged in ?

Thanks

RentZ
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

what you want is at the bottom of http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin.

it probably wouldnt be *too* hard to add a small login field / logout button to the top of each page. just a case of cut n pasting the code from the bottom of the boards.ie/vbulletin page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

What about a java popup saying "do you want to log out now?" when you close the last "iexplore.exe" window .. for security reasons like ... Even if you can make it optional, (in the user settings or something)

Im sure it wouldnt be that difficult...

RentZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

ive had your problem and have been using this all day.... http://www.boards.ie/members/smak/boards.htm

(works best with 'cloud style')

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

This is something that I meant to post about before.

I know for a fact as some of the other people that use cafes to post to the boards have been saying it too.

A pop up once you close the last IE window would be well handy actually but if that isnt possible then what about a link at the bottom of every page.

Its actually quite hard to find them atm. Fair enough it may be because of the new design but there will always be n00bs so...

Shad

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

theres a logout link up top right now. Praise be to Cloud.

Could the popup be coded to only happen when you close the last window? Cos I open and close about 12 windows while browsing boards...

Perhaps a time out.... /me goes looking for the option....

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I cant find any timeout options. Cloud has put a logout button on every page. It will have to do for now. I think we all need to practice safe-surf.

Issue resolved for now, I'll leave this open for people to think outside the box....

DeV.

Advertisement