Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conquest: Frontier Wars

Options
  • 10-09-2001 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Just played the demo... I like it :)

Initially i thought just another rts but has some nice features, e.g.
    Ships can run out of ammo, thus you must open supply lines n send supply ships with u'r fleets. Unlike the usuall send em in n keep fireing till they die!

Another nice feature is the admirals, as the game takes place over multiple sectors (i.e. not all on the one screen at once, u travel tru worm holes n open up a new playing field) u can assign an admiral to control the fleet. Adding an admiral comes with other benifits, e.g. =10% to shields etc.

You can read the full review at pczone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Great rts, nothing revolutionary in the graphics but there are some nice ideas there that I haven't seen before, and the 3 sides are all very different and fun to play, I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

The one thing that is really impressive about this game is that the AI on harder skill levels, plays like a person would, its that good. It sends scouts into your systems to find out what you have and builds units to counter them....it learns as well, if it cant get by your defences one way it will try another. Battles can take hours...in one skirmish I played it for roughly 8 hrs before I could beat the ai and the only way I did that was I had to out think the enemy, brute force just would not work(not many games you can say that about)...

I want this game when its released here

Advertisement