Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fenlon in more trouble...

• 03-10-2005 11:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

From o2 text alerts.

"Shels boss Pat Fenlon could be hit by a further ban by the eircom League after breaching the terms of his touchline ban on Friday night as Shels lost to Derry."

Oh when will it end? Seems a pretty ridiculous thing to do, but fairly typical of the league (and Shels in particular) at the moment. Hope it gets sorted out quickly either way.

Anyone know what in particular this relates to?

I know he was in the Riverside on his own against Waterford, but was regularly giving information to the players on the field. How legal this is is debatable too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Can someone clarify this to me: Did I or did I not see him on the pitch afterwards applauding us travelling? Or was that just someone applauding my freestyling skills?!

Either way, if he was in the referees dressing room after the game, it is unlikely that the hour ban had passed, and he must be puished accordingly. God I hate having to say that.

We will get one hell of a fine, and more bans for him. Can they actually start looking at point deductions at this stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Can someone clarify this to me: Did I or did I not see him on the pitch afterwards applauding us travelling? Or was that just someone applauding my freestyling skills?!

Yes Chris, that was Nutsy on the pitch afterwards applauding us. We were laughing at your freestyle skills! :D

I'm loosing patience with Nutsy both on and off the field. He really needs a good slap across the face. How many frigging times is it going to take for him to cop on to himself?

They need to extend his touchline/referee's dressing room ban for both his and Shels' sake before points deductions becomes a reality.

Fenlon approached referee Ian Stokes in the dressing room area after the game despite the terms of his ban prohibiting him from being anywhere near the dressing rooms, the pitch or the dug out from one hour before kick off to one hour after kick off.

looks like another technicality lads, one hour after kick off would be around the start of the second half!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Probably just the Echo making the mistake, I doubt the terms actually stated that. What is Nutsy up to though? What a stupid thing to do.

The terms state 2 hours prior to kick off, and one hour after the final whistle. :)

It was a moronic thing to do, but nothing can make me stop loving that man! Although he is trying my patience with moves like that, which will ultimately lead to more fines for Shelbourne and more bans for him! :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement