Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.freespeech.ie ?

• 03-10-2005 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

found these while trawling the interweb looking for VOIP providers

anyone out there using them ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I came across their website a few weeks back, I registered to try it out but it never provided me with a password and I did'ent try resolve the matter after that.

Its run by http://www.redsquared.com,
    Other then that I have no other info except that whoever designed their website must like those crazy colours :rolleyes:
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Cabaal wrote:
    I registered to try it out but it never provided me with a password and I did'ent try resolve the matter after that.

Hi I just register with them, to logon I needed the 076 number selected on registration and the password chosen on registration.

Haven tested, so I don't know how the service is.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

PM me your 076 number and I'll help you test it from my own 076 and a landline

I registered this morning , got the number straightaway, chose my own password. Am behind a firewall in office today so not sure if i can connect.

I dialed my 076 number , left a voicemail and sure enough got email with the voicemail attachment a minute later.

waiting on a Linksys PAP2 to arrive in the post - will try it out with that also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Cabaal wrote:
    Its run by http://www.redsquared.com,
    Other then that I have no other info except that whoever designed their website must like those crazy colours :rolleyes:
    :p

I thought Red Squared was related to Blueface - maybe I'm mistaken? ATA & phone prices are not great, e.g. Grandstream HandyTone 486 is ST£49.99 (approx. €73.49) not including delivery. The Digidave crowd sell a LOT of stuff on Ebay too. It doesn't say whether or not the per minute rates include VAT - if they do then they're certainly competitive compared to most of the other providers (except Voipbuster of course!).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

bhickey wrote:
    I thought Red Squared was related to Blueface - maybe I'm mistaken?

No your correct they do have dealings with blueface, maybe they provide the equipment or backhaul for their network?
    http://www.blueface.ie/corporate/contactus.aspx <--link to them on this page

The about link for freespeech.ie gives you the Red Squared website also.

Oh blueface also get a mention here > http://www.redsquared.com/?menu=Partners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭capistrano

I am currently using a Sipura-2100 ATA with Blueface. I want to configure Line 2 on the ATA for freespeech.ie - but I can't get it to register. From the HelpDesk section on their website I can configure all the settings except "NAT Traversal (STUN)" and "STUN Server". Do you think I should be able to register for freespeech.ie using the Sipura 2100 ATA? All suggestions wecome!

BTW my broadband is through NTL.

[Added 20 mins later] I found "STUN Server" and "STUN Enable" on the SIP tab, but my freespeech.ie line still fails to register.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Signed up and have it working, got my inbound 076 calls as well, even got my voicemail e-mailed to me. seems to work just fine

Freespeech is now set up on Line 2 of my Sipura 2100.

Thanks to their help desk. Here's their response to my query:
    We tested the SPA-3000 without problems, this may help you set up the 2100.

For SPA-3000
    Log onto the ATA web page and go to Advanced mode

Under Menu item 'SIP' > NAT Support Parameters

Substitute VIA Addr: Yes
    STUN Enable: Yes
    STUN Server: stun.freespeech.ie
    STUN Test Enable: Yes

Under Menu item 'Line 1'
    Line Enable: Yes

> NAT Settings
    NAT Mapping Enable: Yes
    NAT Keep Alive Msg: <leave blank>

>Proxy and Registration
    Proxy: freespeech.ie
    Register:Yes
    Use DNS SRV:Yes

>Subscriber Information
    Display Name: Your Name
    User ID: freespeech phone number
    Password: freespeech password
    Use Auth ID: Yes
    Auth ID: freespeech phone number

>Audio Configuration
    Preferred Codec: G729a

*** Make sure you submit all changes

Under Menu item INFO

> System Status > External IP: your external IP should be here is STUN
    is working correctly
    > Line 1 Status > Registration State: Registered

Regards Kevin
    Freespeech Customer Care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭rrolfe

been trying this out.
    the voip number is working i can get voicemails and i can dial out.
    cant accept any incoming calls from landlines.
    only just registered maybe it takes time to setup the voip number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 jakeyb

rrolfe wrote:
    been trying this out.
    the voip number is working i can get voicemails and i can dial out.
    cant accept any incoming calls from landlines.
    only just registered maybe it takes time to setup the voip number.

Any one tried this with WRT54GP2 router uisng blueface VOIP?

Cheers,
    Jakeyb

• Advertisement

yeah i work out the problem, i needed to open 2 ports on the router.

which ports ?

are you using VOIP hardware or a softphone ?

shabbyroad wrote:
    which ports ?

are you using VOIP hardware or a softphone ?
    Therse are my port forward settings for VoIP (not too sure if the second range is really necessary):
    VoIP_Port_Forward.gif
    Obviously, replace 192.168.1.99 with the IP address of your ATA (or PC if using softphone).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

capistrano wrote:
    Therse are my port forward settings for VoIP (not too sure if the second range is really necessary):
    VoIP_Port_Forward.gif
    Obviously, replace 192.168.1.99 with the IP address of your ATA (or PC if using softphone).

second range is neccesary otherwise you wont get any sound, to cover yourself for 99% of voip providers change this range to 10,000 to 20,000, but most providers will talk back on the range your ATA suggests.

Thanks for that. I received my linksys PAP2 today and needed to open those ports to take incoming calls.

Looking into my crystal ball : I can see Eircom losing a line in the near future.

i think i may have opened diffrent ports, it might depend on the software phone.
    but once i did i could get straight through.

i had to got to the xphone i think it is web site to find the ports.

Advertisement