Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

George Best in Intensive care

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Really how much sympathy can we afford this man , he has got more chances then anyone else . His constent boozing his his main down fall and they is lony so many times that we can say "awwww" . Im sorry but people on teh waiting list for transplants would kill to have his postition in getting his last one . Does not deserve another chance . If it was drugs rather then drink would some people have the same sympathy ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Sarge wrote:
    Really how much sympathy can we afford this man , he has got more chances then anyone else . His constent boozing his his main down fall and they is lony so many times that we can say "awwww" . Im sorry but people on teh waiting list for transplants would kill to have his postition in getting his last one . Does not deserve another chance . If it was drugs rather then drink would some people have the same sympathy ?
    That's rich coming from someone who has "smoking is big and clever" in their sig. Doesn't really matter if it's drugs or drink tbh, neither is particularly clever. I must admit my own sympathy for him is pretty thin on the ground but I don't want to see anyone dying. It'll be a sad ending for him but he'll be missed by a lot of people.

Listen i dont want to see him dying or any one for that matter. I never once said that , what in fact i did say is that i have no sympathy for him in his current situation . My smoking sig is for a smoking forum on boards.ie .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

It's sad to see, of course, he was such a gifted player.

However, it was inevitable that things would keep going downhill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

Sarge wrote:
    Listen i dont want to see him dying or any one for that matter. I never once said that , what in fact i did say is that i have no sympathy for him in his current situation . My smoking sig is for a smoking forum on boards.ie .

So we can take it then that when your in your late 50's dying from Lung Cancer, heart disese or the many other smoking related illnesses that may blight your life you expect no-one to feel any sympathy for you!

George Best is one of the most talented footballers ever to grace the pitch the sadness of his life is a chronic addition to Alcohol, yes addiction, look that up sarge, God knows the man has tried to give it up and failed, how many times have you tried to quit the fags and failed? if you haven't yet then you certainly will.
    George has my repect and sympathy as well as my best wishes that he will pull through. I for one would be sad to see him gone!

• Advertisement

Keano_sli wrote:
    So we can take it then that when your in your late 50's dying from Lung Cancer, heart disese or the many other smoking related illnesses that may blight your life you expect no-one to feel any sympathy for you!

George Best is one of the most talented footballers ever to grace the pitch the sadness of his life is a chronic addition to Alcohol, yes addiction, look that up sarge, God knows the man has tried to give it up and failed, how many times have you tried to quit the fags and failed? if you haven't yet then you certainly will.
    George has my repect and sympathy as well as my best wishes that he will pull through. I for one would be sad to see him gone!

Right for a starter , there is no guarntees in this life that ill be in my "late 50's dying from lung cancer, heart disese or the many other smoking related illnesses" Im not going to look for sympathy and i dont like the way you turning this thread around to personal attack me. I chose to smoke. I have never tried to quit, because i dont want too.But this thread is not about me , its about best , I never once said that he wasnt one of the greatest footballers ever to grace our planet because i know he is and im not even going to try and deny that, but what i will say that when he got his last transplant he DENIED someone else that transplant.He does not deserve any more help for him to go out and drink and abuse himself the way he does.Again i have no doubt that you will bring this back to me again. Fact are facts he was told that he would go down the route if he continued the way he did , he chosed to continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

Sarge wrote:
    Right for a starter , there is no guarntees in this life that ill be in my "late 50's dying from lung cancer, heart disese or the many other smoking related illnesses" Im not going to look for sympathy and i dont like the way you turning this thread around to personal attack me. I chose to smoke. I have never tried to quit, because i dont want too.But this thread is not about me , its about best , I never once said that he wasnt one of the greatest footballers ever to grace our planet because i know he is and im not even going to try and deny that, but what i will say that when he got his last transplant he DENIED someone else that transplant.He does not deserve any more help for him to go out and drink and abuse himself the way he does.Again i have no doubt that you will bring this back to me again. Fact are facts he was told that he would go down the route if he continued the way he did , he chosed to continue.

I draw your attention to the Word "addiction" again, George suffers from an Alcohol addition, in the same way that you have a Nicotine addiction, and you say he denied someone else a Transplant as if you know for a fact that everyone else who has ever had a liver transplant never touched the drink again.
    And just to clarify George is suffering from a Kidney infection not a liver infection, which is a secondary infection that transplant patients are predisposed to and not because he has been boozing, and for someone very comfortable with your smoking you appear to be very touchy about it :) Of course there are no guarantees that you will have any problems realted to smoking, but the odds are strongly stacked against you, when you get a little older the possibility of your own mortality will become more real, and no I'm not having a go at you or anyone else who smokes as I smoke myself, I just am highly aware of what it can lead to having seen close family sucumb to Lung cancer and an constanly giving them up, obviouly unsuccessfully! :o

This is the last time im replying to this thread because i feel it is pointless and you keep bringing me up in your arguement. George Best used his lifeline end of story.

Advertisement