Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrishBroadband IBB 3 Rock mast down again

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Slower than dial up for all weekend to 3Rock. C'mon NTL - get your ass down Pearse St, so I get rid of this shower of cowboys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

And you think you have it bad Tazz only bad for a weekend? Its been bad for over 3 weeks in D15, and counting.

aubhall wrote:
    By the way where have all the ibb techies gone there used to be at least 2 on here. I seem to recall old titan i could be wrong....

They were not IBB techs they were IBB higher up lads. But the going got tough so the tough got going and I think one of them left IBB. Not sure about that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Anybody on ripwave 3rock getting really really slow connection the last few days? I called them up and they said I might have spyware :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

uteotw wrote:
    I don't know what IBB is messing around with WiMAZ or something else but they've busted my connection again. It's been a whole week now of 40% packet loss and crawling slower than dial up.

Anybody else with the same issue on 3 Rock in the past week?

Yep, exact same situation. Absolute joke.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Kappar wrote:
    Anybody on ripwave 3rock getting really really slow connection the last few days? I called them up and they said I might have spyware :-)

You should have told them the connection was far too slow for spyware to download!;)

They have often tried to use the Spy ware excuse to FOB people off. Is there any parts of the IBB network not having problem atm?

Is there any parts of the IBB network not having problem atm?

yup. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭uteotw

Spywayre !!! that's the first I hear about this one. What a load of bull. Did they even tried to give you some advice about the spyware removal? I bet they didn't.

Just to slap it back in their face, download Microsoft's and Ad-Aware Anti-spywares. I use them both. They're free and should detect anything nasty on your machine. Clean/Quarantine anything they detect and see if you still have the same problem. Then ring the feckers back.

IBB never tried that argument with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The irony of that is with the current state of the connections downloading programs is not possible.

• Advertisement

Any one notice an improvements in the last 24-48 hours?

na... nothing improved... it could even get worse.... well above 40% packet loss... flirting with 50%.

Got told quite specificaly what my problem was when on the phone with support yesterday around lunch time. Then yesterday evening I receive an email telliing me something completly different about my issue!

Well im still getting realy bad packet loss but my dload speeds got a bit better im at the 60kb mark a lot of the time now.

The major IBB network outage seemed to have resolved my issue.
    They "must" have done some major upgrade/maintenance.
    Let's see how long it will last.

Advertisement