Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom +NTL double whammy

Options
  • 10-09-2001 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I am pretty untechnical when it comes to Internet Billing but I do remember some discussion on the different call charges charged by ISP's and the discussion of the 1891 numbers.I decided that these ol 1891 numbers could be my saving grace and instead of slauterin' the milk cow befriended someone in Esat who gave me an Officelink 1891 134134 number.
    I have been subscribed to NTL's oneway package for a while now...(oops there goes my connection) and thought I would use the Esatlink 1891 number weekdays and the NTL number on the weekends which is free...so thinking that i was the cutest hoor that there ever was thats what I did...........Horror,Disbelief....This morning I have gotten 2Bills (particularly cash strapped month aswell) Eircom £63.83 NTL 33.60. What beast have I ignorantly awoken???I thought that the only thing when you changed your phone company that Eircon could get you for was the line rental???

Can anyone with a better understanding than me help me out and explain the basic rates and call charges for me?I know NTL's peak charges are 1.5p a min PEAK.what are the 1891 numbers..are they cheaper day or night time...

PS:This is my second contribution,I look everyday,and recommend this site when griping to my work collagues about the sad state of the internet in Ireland.Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

afew of us have the same set up, the 1891 charges are on the eircon bill(were did you expect them) and all other charges are on the ntl one, my guess is that you were using it for sometime and that gave you the 33 pound bill, all the numbers dialed are listed.

Eircom have the skin of an oild rag itemized bill but it does have interent calls in one group, thats were you should see all your 1891 charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ru1nzx

if u didnt already know, eircom own the 1891 number string

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 furrgle66

thanks for the quick reply!!!:)
    What way does the 1891 number work....I presume its cheaper daytime as its for business users or am I false in my assumption??What are the Peak/off peak charges for the 1891 number normally??I only recently resurrected the old oficelink account because previously I had a RAS on a 1850 number account which took care of itself.......that is now gone unfortunately.

At this stage I think ill Re-emigrate back to Germany T-omline offer DSl in Munich for around 49.95Dem a month (£20.00)

Thanks

Fergal

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I know NTL's peak charges are 1.5p a min PEAK

Make that OFF peak..carefull

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 angryuser

I was forced back to Eircom, after Esat cut me off, and the Eircom subscription service is on 1891. The charges are 0.08p (8/10's of a penny)per min off peak, and 1.6p per min peak. Is this any use to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by angryuser
    IThe charges are 0.08p (8/10's of a penny)

I expect you mean 0.8p and not 0.08p, which would be 8/100ths of a penny.

0.08p would be niiiiiiiiiiiice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 angryuser

Actually we are both right, to a point !! :-)
    The cost is 48p per hour. That equals 8/10th's of a penny per minute !! or using the decimal £ it equals £0.008p per minute :-)
    £0.01 being one pence per minute. !! offpeak. Peak therefore becomes £0.016p per minute. !!

Advertisement