Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Picture on the front of The Irish Times today

• 03-10-2005 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭

Have you seen this picture? I think its terrible that they allowed it to be printed. I mean surely there was a better picture taken. I mean the poor girl. After all her hard work and hours practicing, to have a picture like that to be used is terrible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

Yeah, you'd think that they would use a decent photo rather than taking the piss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

I agree with you completely. It was an opportunity for a terrific photo of her with the president behind her. They should have shown the achievement. I reckon whoever chose it was a Galway supporter (Is it Geraldine Kennedy's responsibility?), and just used the chance to be insulting. For shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dfitzer

Ahh ffs I just saw it. Very unlike the Times I guess they will be receiving a few letters from the rebel county over the next few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

They often use really bad pictures of politicans.
    There was a bad picture of Mary Mc on the Saturdays edition I think... of her at an alcohol awareness meeting or something.
    It was if she was just after blinking and turned out bad.

For this one though, I found it weird for the Times to go with it.
    No doubt they had many more 'better' poses to go for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

I had the same thoughts when I saw the photo. Surely there had to have been a better one - all the ones they took couldn't have been worse, or could they?

Advertisement