Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a beginner start shotgun target ?

Options
  • 03-10-2005 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I am interested in starting shotgun target shooting. I would be a complete beginner. Until now I have only been a member of an Air Rifle society. Once I have been a member for a few months, I plan to purchase a 12 gauge shotgun. Would there be any problem with a beginner like me starting shotgun target shooting straight away or would I have to have some experience with smaller guns first? Would a club allow to begin shotgun target straight away?
    Thank You

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭FLAG

If you are interested in starting clays it would be recommended to visit Courtlough Lay Shooting Grounds http://www.courtlough.com/

If you are not in Dublin, then have a look at www.ICPSA.ie for your nearest clay shooting ground.

Novices are welcome at courtlough and they provide shotguns, ammo and expert tuition all for a very reasonable cost.

For a broader experience thy East Coast Shooting Club, www.eastcoastshootingclub.com

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FAB24

I agree... Courtlough is the place to go. :)
    No Experience needed. Full training provided.

Advertisement